• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Happy Pokeshipping Day, everyone!

Probably just me, but of all of Ash's female companion, there's only one that made him jealous and blushing. Maybe this could changed some time, but still.

Last edited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=OkyMLnsnLPw

The preview is here. There aren't any noticeable Ash/Misty scenes in the preview though. Most of the preview focuses on Brock/Olivia though so a new ship is born.

Also as most expected all the SM characters are there the whole time, so it looks like the original trio won't get any "alone time" together like OS fans want. But that should have been expected anyway.

Last edited:
I'm kinda surprised they didn't show a scene of Misty or Brock watching the Alola league from TV when he won, similar to that scene of Misty watching the Hoenn league on TV. It would be nothing but a silent cameo but since they already had their SM designs it would have been easy to do. Kinda weird Ash's original companions don't even get to see Ash win his first league.

So, this has been bothering me for a while.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JMYgGcI5g

This was recorded as a promotion for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, but I can't seem to find any other details on it. I've heard it's for a TV commercial, but I've never been able to find the original commercial nor do I know why we have a full 3 minute version of it.

Does anyone have any leads?

So, this has been bothering me for a while.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JMYgGcI5g

This was recorded as a promotion for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, but I can't seem to find any other details on it. I've heard it's for a TV commercial, but I've never been able to find the original commercial nor do I know why we have a full 3 minute version of it.

Does anyone have any leads?

The only places I can think of it being is Dailymotion or YouTube. And yes, it was a promotion for Ruby and Sapphire. Never actually heard it myself, but heard of it.
Also, just something about Misty herself, she's the only character that ever got a song about her and Ash. And she didn't just get one, she got five. Beat that, Serena.

How does nobody notice this:
Ash X Misty are the Phineas X Isabella of Pokemon universe.
Like Ash being dense as Phineas
and Misty being obvious about her feelings towards Ash as Isabella

Actually, You know why the character of Serena was ever created.
Its said that she was only created due to financial condition of Pokemon company.
When Pokemon Black & White (Best Wishes) was finished, the ratings and the economy of the company was in an all time low.
That's why new writers and animators were brought in to create a character in order to revive the series and in fact to incite some spiciness in the series, Serena came into being to be a romantic interest because after Misty's departure, there were no serious romantic interest left in Ash's life and as we that in each series a new female character was created to revive things up they created Serena, who was opposite of all the past female companions of Ash, especially Misty, unlike Misty, Serena was polite, calm and all favorite just like the company wanted and in addition to that, it was told she had a past with Ash to make it, well easy, to comprehend Serena and Ash as a couple.
It might seem like I'm praising Serena, I'm but she still doesn't hold a candle against Misty. Cuz
What Serena represented was all opposite of Ash's past female companions
like she was polite but in case of Misty, she and Ash bickered at each other which showed that there was some heat b/w them.
unlike Misty or May or Dawn, Serena wasn't clear about her goals or future, she was only concerned about her future with Ash.
unlike Misty, she was ready to give everything up for Ash which showed her lack of individuality, but Misty didn't depend her future over Ash but became someone whom we all love.
Also, if you didn't notice, that Pokemon seems to couple two people who have the interests like May with Drew and Dawn with Kenny.
So probably Serena will be paired with some Pokemon performer.
Like Ash could be paired with a trainer like Misty.

Serena's who character was to be desired as favorite by us.
One other proof of that is that when Pokemon XYZ (The Last season of The Kalos quest) was finished then they released Pokemon Go in the same year.
So basically, Serena was a tactic played by Pokemon company in order to stall for their game to be released.

Also like Ash met Misty when his Pikachu destroyed her bike, its the same kind of arrival May got from ash when she met him which we could have been intentional considering that May was just a friend but for Misty as she said it was more than bff stuff.
Not to mention, that Ash has only cried over three things till now,
1.When he tried to leave Pikachu
2.When he left Charizard
3.When he left Misty because she meant more to him than any other companion he traveled with plus Misty is the only companion who is Ash's connection to his past life as a kid with one of the most uncontrollable pokemon a starter one and also as a full-fledged trainer cuz, she knows most Ash from Original Series and The Sun and Moon.
Its also said that Misty was the only one who could get some real emotion out of Ash without doing something crazy like Serena (The Kiss Thing).

Dude, no petition is going to get Misty back in the anime nearly 20 years after she was written off the series. Much less something from the western/english speaking fandom that virtually nobody on the Japanese staff will ever see.

She might get another cameo for 2 eps again like she got in SM though, so you have that to look forward to if it happens.

First Pokéshipping Comment of 2019!
Anyway, the newly announced series takes place in all regions, so we could all reasonably hope for a few Pokéshipping moments!

Old characters appearances, per se, would be great. I am looking forward to Korrina's cameo.

Obs: It has already aired. Lol

Yet, May participation would be the best. :bulbaWave:

Hey there,
Has anyone noticed the most simplest clue there is that Ash will end up with Misty one way or the another.
Think last year Pokemon company released its first 3D adaptation movie- Pokemon Detective Pikachu, right.
so in the movie Tim who happens to hang out with Pikachu throughout the movie and Lucy, another protagonist, sort of Tim's counterpart, who also happens to hang out with a Psyduck. Think about it, out of 800+ pokemon why'd they choose Psyduck, because Ash who has Pikachu and also hung out with Misty who also happened to have a Psyduck.
From the movie its proven(canon) that Tim liked Lucy. So is the director trying to hint something or not?

Hey there,
Has anyone noticed the most simplest clue there is that Ash will end up with Misty one way or the another.
Think last year Pokemon company released its first 3D adaptation movie- Pokemon Detective Pikachu, right.
so in the movie Tim who happens to hang out with Pikachu throughout the movie and Lucy, another protagonist, sort of Tim's counterpart, who also happens to hang out with a Psyduck. Think about it, out of 800+ pokemon why'd they choose Psyduck, because Ash who has Pikachu and also hung out with Misty who also happened to have a Psyduck.
From the movie its proven(canon) that Tim liked Lucy. So is the director trying to hint something or not?

But didn't Misty's Psyduck evolve into a Golduck later on?

Pokéshipping is one of my favorite ships in Pokémon, and honestly Misty is the only girl I would really like to see with Ash. Maybe it's the nostalgia and the fact that Misty was the first Pokégirl but i really think their personalities make the best match. It's true that at first they argue a lot, but despite all that, over time they formed a very strong friendship, and although can be said that many of the Pokéshipping hints are from the english dub, that doesn't change that Misty is the only girl that Ash doesn't like to see with other boys.

Even though they didn't see each other for a long time in Sun and Moon we see that their friendship is as strong as ever, and we even see that they both have gotten over their fights, I definitely believe that their friendship can develop into something deeper.

Hello, everyone. First off, I’d like to point out whom I am. I’m currently the co- moderator of ‘r/ aaml’ on Reddit; the last active bastion of pokeshipping on that platform. The other communities there have blocked access to making new posts for anyone new. Pokeshipping: Pokeshipping itself certainly deserves the study from the fandom and not to drive some ridiculous shipping war narrative or debate. Under serious research, we’ve found the ship is classified as semi- canon by the Pokémon Company. What many people forget is just how important the character Kasumi is to the entire franchise. In 2005, the Pokémon Company launched a book titled, (Rough translation) ‘The Official Pokémon Movie Guide 1998- 2005,’ and in it was a heading titled ‘Jealousy?!’ The passage explains her feelings of jealousy regarding Satoshi’s interactions with Fleura’s romantic advances, the one and only time we’ve found the company outright admitted Kasumi had romantic feelings for Satoshi. Please note readers, this book was never released outside of Japan. On October 6th, 2005, we were introduced to ‘Spurt!’ and ‘Satoshi’s Theme,’ voiced by Rica Matsumoto and marketed by the Pokémon Company across Japan, making the information also canon. Satoshi’s Queen of Hearts was shown on- screen for ‘Spurt!’ This is to date, one of the only allusions the company has given for his future, and Kasumi is shown to be on it. Future rereleases of the show were shown to never retcon ‘Spurt!’ but without the company outright stating Satoshi will marry Kasumi one day, the ship sails semi- canon (We have information on Kasumi’s feelings). For pokeshippers whom remember their interactions so fondly, be proud; few pairings get this far, and to all viewers alike, I truly hope we continue to provide help in this particular endeavor of the Pokémon anime lore. One can find us on ‘AAML,’ where we will continue to help anyone we can with the old OTP. Until then, best wishes for the end of Satoshi’s story! We’re glad Kasumi and Takeshi were a strong part of it.

Last edited:
Rip Pokeshipping. You deserved better than just one hint at the end of the fishing episode. I wish Ash had parted with Brock first because we have never gotten a scene when he says goodbye to Misty alone. Could have been interesting to see how that would have played out, I have always felt that there was more romantic tension between these two when Brock/Tracey weren't there as an awkward third wheel.

I meant to post here earlier, but gosh, that's really it, huh?
The whole ATBPM arc felt so strange to watch as a big former Pokeshipper. Lots of mixed feelings; happy to see them travelling together again, but sad to see them go just like that. :(

The fishing episode was obviously a standout. I loved their interactions there and how reminiscent it was of their old dynamic from up until the end of Johto. It definitely reminded me in the best way why I still like the pairing (and it put a big dumb smile on my face as well).

From an in-universe standpoint, I think it makes sense that their goodbye was a bit nonchalant — because of course they'll see each other again! — but from out here, it's crazy to think that such a huge ship departed so quietly after all these years.

Back
Top Bottom