• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping- Rage of the Elements

Should I make the prequals?

• Total voters

RainbowMoondust

stomach hurts...
Reaction score
Rating: T?
Pairings: Ash and Misty
Genre: Fluff, Drama, Comedy
I put that stuff ^^^ because I like to know what I'm getting myself into. Sometimes I wont read something, purely beacase it doesn't tell me.

I'm going to keep track of those who want me to alert them when I post a new section. This way, I won't forget like I think I already have. So please lemme know. The ones I know for sure so far VVV
Alert Sign Up: PokeFanGirl, Boober, Atara,
Say 'please do' on the poll and that signs you up.

This is my very first solo fic. Unfortunatly it ended up being kinda short. I intend on turning this into a series of connected one-shots, taking place during a 3-week time period where Misty is visiting. Things will be tragic, but everything will work out it the end, for I don't believe in sad endings.

Edit: If requested, I will alert you when a new part is posted.
Posts/comments are much appreciated. When you do, I loooove specifics. I really want them! Constructive critizism is great, as long as you work in some positive. But please no flamers. Pun not intended.

This is most likely the final entry chronologically.

INFERNO

The trio was walking through the forest as usual, on their way to get Misty on a boat back home, for she had been traveling with them for the past three weeks. There was nothing particularly special about this collection of trees at first glance. It looked just about the same as all the other ones that Ash and co. had been through.
“Hey, something smells funny.” Misty stopped in her tracks, sniffing.
“It smells like… smoke!” Ash discovered. Then a massive stampede of pokemon came rushing towards them.
“Run!!!” Brock screamed and took off as fast as he could, the other two soon following him. A Donphan sped by and knocked Misty over. Ash noticed and immediately went to help her. Several trees were knocked down by the pokemon and Ash, Misty and Pikachu huddled together.
“Hang on! I’ll go get help!” Brock cried to his younger companions. That was the last thing they heard before passing out.

“Its so hot…” Misty murmured upon waking. She remembered what was going on and started shaking Ash and Pikachu.
“Get up! Get up!” She screeched. Once she had gotten Ash on the road to consciousness, the red haired girl took out all of her and Ash’s water types.
“Come on everyone, use your strongest water-type move on the fire!” She commanded. There were flames and wreckage everywhere. Embers were flying left and right, setting things ablaze. Ash sat up and looked around, finding it hard to breathe. He picked up a rock and used it to help him cut away a strip of his shirt.
“Misty, here.” He held up the makeshift mask and tied it around her head so it covered her mouth. Then Ash cut one for Pikachu, and finally one for himself.
“Its no use. The fire’s too strong. With the dry spell that’s been going on, the—“ Misty was cut off as she dodged a falling flaming tree.
“Gastrodon, use Dig! Get us a way out of here!” Ash instructed Mistys pokemon as soon as he saw she was okay. A minute later, it came back. It had dug a partial hole, more like a rut, under some of the debris. Both trainers noticed that a tree was close to coming crashing down upon the entrance to the escape route.
“Lets get the pokemon out first.” Misty started sending her pokemon through the hole, Ash’s following shortly.
“Pikapi! Pikachupi!” Pikachu looked at his humans.
“You have to go! It wont hold much longer!” Ash angrily screamed at the pokemon who didn’t want to leave them behind. Pikachu reluctantly scurried through, crying the whole way.
“Ladies first, Misty.” He said, getting out of the way.
“No, this is no time to be a gentleman.”
CRASH
“MIISSTYYY!!!” The tree had given way and Misty was standing under it. Ash was trying to pull the flaming tree off, but with no avail.
“Go.” Misty whispered.
“No! I wont abandon you!” Tears were streaming down his face.
“Goodbye, Ash.” Her eyes went blank. He didn’t care about the sirens, or people calling their names, he just bawled.
“Don’t leave me! I love you! Don’t leave me again!” Ash was surrounded by the blaze, covered in her blood, squeezing Misty’s hand. “Don’t go! Don’t you dare go!” He could feel the flames burning his flesh…

“Ash, wake up! Wake up!” A voice shouted.
“Misty?” He muttered.
“You must have been having some nightmare. You were screaming like hell, and your face is covered in tears.” She looked sympathetically at the quivering boy. Staring at the fire that he had fallen asleep too close to, Ash remembered that she had to go home in the morning. He sat up and grabbed her, and held her as tightly as he could to the point which she could barely breathe, sobbing.
“Don’t leave me.”

P.S. If I am breaking any rules, I request you inform me.

Last edited:
I really liked! a few grammar errors, but overall, it was well written (and awesome =p) Can't wait till I can read more :)

Thanks! I have issues with apostrophes. I think this next one will be even better! and longer. I've started it, and it should only take a couple of days at most.

Edit: Here it is! The very first one chrono-wise. I'm really proud of it! Please comment!

P.S. By elements, I mean the elements regarding pokemon types. And the poll is still open.

VENOM​

Ash was anxiously scanning the crowd for a certain orange-haired gym leader. “Where could she be?” He muttered. Then, he caught sight of her getting off the boat. “Wow. She looks, wow.” It was taking every ounce of self control he had to not run up and hug her.
“Misty! Over here!” The trainer was jumping up and down waving, causing a bit of a scene.
“Pikachupi!”
“Ash!” Responded Misty. She began wading her way through the crowd.
“Nice to see you again, Misty.” May told her as soon as the older girl arrived. Misty smiled, then turned to Ash and greeted him with a light embrace.
“Hey, I know you. You’re that fishing lure that Ash threw a huge fit over.” Dawn piped up.
“I didn’t throw a fit!” Ash turned bright red when he retaliated.
“Awww. It’s nice to know that I was missed.” Misty half-teased and rubbed Ash’s head.
“Quit treating me like a kid!” He whined.
“Then stop acting like one! Besides, I’m still taller than you.” Misty stood up straight to show him.
Thus a fight began.
“Do they always act like this?” Dawn asked.
“Pretty much. It’s just their way of showing how much they care.” Brock explained to the young coordinator.
“Weird.” Dawn mumbled.
“Lup.” Piplup agreed.
“Okay, break it up. We have to get going. There’s a lot of ground to cover to make it to the Water Pokemon Convention in time. And I know that none of us want to miss it.” Brock raised his voice.

That evening, they stopped in a pokemon center for the night.
Okay. You can do it. Just give it to her. You’ve been practicing for a while now, she’ll like it.” Ash was giving himself a pep-talk to work up the courage to give Misty a present. He had made an origami Tentacruel. Well known for being incredibly hard to make.
“Here Misty, I made this for you.” Ash held the delicate paper ‘masterpeice’ in his hands and held it up to her.
“What is it?” Misty asked. Who knew that three simple words could hurt so much.
He stood there frozen, not knowing whether to cry or to yell. Not having a clue on what else to do, he ran.
“Ash! Where are you going?!” Brock called out.
“Pikapi!”
“Yeah, the movie’s about to start.” May added.
“Ash… What did I do?” Misty simply stood there dejectedly.
“He worked on that for ages! He bought a book on how to make origami Tentacruels a few weeks ago. I remember him practicing almost every night!” Dawn leapt up and yelled.
“Wait a while for him to calm down and if he hasn’t come back on his own yet, go apologize.” The eldest of the group instructed.
“Mmmm.” Misty sat down on the couch with the others.

“Stupid Misty.” Ash kicked a rock further into the woods.
“Stupid origami.” He went in and kicked it even deeper in. The process continued to the point which he became lost.
“Stupid me for thinking I could make her something nice!” This time, the stone hit something.
“Sehvipah!” The large poison type was racing towards him.

A couple minutes passed by, and Nurse Joy came to check up on them.
“How’s everybody doing?” She scanned the room. “Hey, where’s the other boy?” Asked Joy.
“Ash? He went outside for a walk.” Brock told her, not especially interested. (He had already hit on her for the day.)
“Oh no! There’s a pregnant Seviper out there! She’s making a nest in preparation for laying her eggs.” Joy’s eyes widened.
“What?!” Brock stood up suddenly.
“What’s wrong?” Dawn asked innocently.
“Their poison is very, very deadly if it’s not treated within six to eight hours.” He said in a serious tone.
“But I can treat it because it affects people and pokemon the same way. I’ll get an emergency room and some antidote ready just in case.” Nurse Joy assured, then left. Everyone followed, not noticing Misty’s disappearance.

“Craaaaaap!!!” Ash chose a direction and took off. He looked back and saw that the Seviper was rather pudgy. “Arceus, please let it not be pregnant.” He thought, knowing that Seviper poison was dangerous if it was with child. The boy kept sprinting away, deciding to not look back again.
“Agghh!” He fell to the ground when something dug into the back of his thigh. Ash lay still for a moment, then rolled up his pantleg. The damage didn’t look too horrible, so he started trying to figure out how to get back. After some amount of time walking, he began feeling woozy.
“Why are those trees upside down?” He wondered aloud.
“Ash!” Misty cried out upon spotting him. She was completely out of breath from running and calling.
“Mi-mi-Misty?” Ash muttered before passing out. She ran up to him and inspected his wound, then rolled him onto his side in case he threw up.
“Don’t worry. No way am I letting anything happen to you.” Misty reached into her pocket for her knife. It was a trinket with a variety of things, nail file, tweezers, etc. She rolled his pant leg back down.
“Violet got bitten by an Ekans once. I think I remember what Lily looked up on the internet while Daisy went and got the doctor. We both need to remain calm. First, I need to remove any constricting items. So hold still.” She told the unconscious boy as she cut the pantleg off just above the bite. Then Misty sliced off the bottom two inches of her cotton shirt for the sake of dressing the wound. She tied it loosely, but just tight enough to protect it.
“A splint. I need to make a splint. Use of the leg must be minimized to reduce spreading the poison.” Misty recited, holding back her tears. There was a tree nearby that had a couple nice straight branches that would work perfectly.
“I’m going to go over there for a minute, okay. Hold on.” She assured him before jumping and hanging onto the branch. Misty swung back and forth, putting her entire weight into the task. Eventually, it gave. The process was repeated with the other one. Unfortunately she sustained an injury on her forehead. She wiped the blood away and ignored it.
“Ash, I’m back. I’m gonna make you a splint now.” Cutting apart the denim, she wrapped the pieces around the large sticks, making them more cushiony. Then Misty removed all four shoelaces and used them to tie the splint on. When she was done, she noticed something.
“You’re sweating.” She put her hand on his forehead. “Ash, you’re burning up!” Alarmed, Misty turned his jeans into shorts all the way. Then she took off his jacket.
“That’ll have to do for now. I need to get you back to the pokemon center.” Misty looked up at the sun, which had almost completely set. “I’m relatively certain we need to go towards the sun.”

She was carrying Ash on her back, his arms draped limply over her shoulders. “Every step feels like a mile. How much farther is it? I wish I could go faster, but just can’t. Ah!” Misty stepped in a ditch and nearly fell over.
Whew. I barely caught myself there. Ow… I hit my forehead on a tree though.” It opened up the scratch from earlier, and she had more blood trickling down her face. The real problem however, was the pain when she put her foot down on the ground.
“Agh!” She winced and set Ash back down on the ground. It was badly bruised, red, and seemed to be swelling. Misty had saved the other pantleg and proceeded to cut in to long strips.
“Eagh. I think I sprained it.” She applied the strips as if they were an Ace bandage, and put her sock and shoe back on. Misty gritted her teeth in pain as she struggled to get Ash on her back once more.

Misty continued to walk in a straight line, pain shooting up her leg each time she put her foot down. Ash threw up on her once, but she knew that she had to get him to the center as soon as possible, so she ignored it.
“Arceus, I’m thirsty.” She tried to talk to herself or Ash sometimes as a method of staying calm.
“Am I going to die?” He whispered.
“Oh, thank goodness, you’re awake. What did you say?”
“Am I gonna die?” Ash repeated.
“Over my dead body.” She said simply but sternly.

Everyone sat in the pokemon center, silently twiddling their thumbs. Ash and Misty’s pokemon were out, wishing they could do something to help. They had called for a search team, and they were expected to arrive soon. Nurse Joy said she couldn’t let anyone else go out and look, because the last thing they wanted was even more lost children.
All they could do was wait and hope that they were overreacting.

“I think I see lights up ahead.” Misty’s mouth was dry and it was dark out. Despite being dark, it was a hot summer night. She heard nothing but a grunt from Ash, and decided that time was running short. The adrenaline-fueled girl picked up the pace, her legs burning. Minutes later, her numb fingers reached for the door and pulled it open.
“He got bit. I’m fine. Help him.” She collapsed face first on the floor. They lifted Ash off of her back and rolled him to the emergency room.

Misty woke up in a bright room. There was an IV pumping fluids into her system. “Where am I? What’s going on?” She looked around for a bit, but then saw Ash laying in a bed next to hers.
“Ash!” She abruptly sat up. “How is he?”
“Fine. You are both going to be okay. He was even awake earlier.” Nurse Joy smiled at her.
“Thank goodness.” Misty sighed in relief.
“Misty?” Ash said groggily.
“I’m sorry. Did I wake you up?”
“Nah. Are you okay?”
“I’m feeling all right. How ‘bout you?”
“Fine I guess.” He said as Joy quietly snuck out to join the others, listening at the door.
“…”
“They told me what happened. Thanks for saving my life.”
“Anytime.” Misty smiled.

Last edited:
Again, this was gret! I liked Venom better than inferno, but that's probably because I like reading longer things. Anyways, I know I'm your only reviewer, for now, but please keep writing, you're great ^^

I'm so happy! I did a lot of research on the symptoms and treatments of snake bites. From now on, or even now, could you let me know exactly what you like? that will help me get better. Get back to me asap please!
I think I know what the next one will be... Either TERRA or FROST. I can't decide which. Might end up being something else though. Just waiting for inspiration to show itself. I need a spark. You got any? Anyone?

Edit: I've started FROST. And lemme tell ya, it is not easy to get them somewhere cold when they're in summer.

Last edited:
Sure! I really like the pokeshippy moments (of course XD). I also like that you kept the Ash/Misty arguments ^^ My favorite parts would also have to be the serious ones (like when Misty was helping Ash with his snake bite). Maybe they go to Mt. Coronet or something? IDK, but I'm sure you'll come up with something good ^_^

Can Seviper even get pregnant? I guess they might be ovoviviparous, but that's technically not pregnancy. And you should go with TERRA, and wait for FROST when the group is near an icy route.

Hey! I already commented on your first fic, but I just finished reading the second one :D

It was actually really good! The interactions between the characters in the beginning didn't seem far-fetched or out of character, which I really liked. :) And the idea was interesting and kept me reading. Good job!

And I'll be awaiting the next one! :D

Well I don't even know what region it's in. But I figured out a way to do FROST. Here's a hint/spoiler if you want it.
Industrial freezer
It otta be done in a couple to a few hours.

And I stuck with pregnant because that's a term everybody knows.

Edit: Done! I think it turned out fine. I don't think is was great though; But it's more humorous than the others. After this, I'm doing a possible combo or two-part one called VOLTAGE and GUST. Lemme know what you think!

FROST​

“Come ooooon. Let us come.” Misty whined.
“No. You two need to rest. You’re lucky I let us keep moving right away instead of making us wait there a few days.” Brock ordered.
“But this place doesn’t have any air conditioning. I wanna be in the nice, cool store.” Ash put on his puppy-dog eyes. The house was rather small, consisting only of a kitchen, a living room, a single bathroom, and two bedrooms.
“Goodbye.” May said. The three, a much larger number if you count all the pokemon, of them left the cottage they were staying in, leaving only Ash, Misty, and Pikachu. The pokemon had insisted on remaining with them.
“Why doesn’t Brock’s cousin’s vacation house have air conditioning?” Ash groaned, thinking about taking his shirt off.
“Who knows.” They both were laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling. The fan there went round and round, and was the only source of cooling for the prisoners.
“Piiiikaaa.”
“Do you think it’s cooler outside?” Ash asked her.
“Doubt it. There’s not a cloud in the sky.” She said while fidgeting with the strap of her swimsuit top. It was a bikini that she had picked out, designed to look best on her particular figure. Misty hoped that the deep blue swimwear would help get Ash's attention. The shorts on her lower half covered the little picture of a Starmie on her rear.
“Pikachu, just because we’re miserable, doesn’t mean you have to be too.” He told his pokemon.
“There’s still time to catch up with everyone. You should go.” Misty smiled weakly.
“Pi?”
“We’ll be fine.” Ash was anxious to have some time alone with Misty that didn’t involve medical equipment. He still wondered how Misty was able to carry him on her back. Pikachu took the hint and scampered off to join the others.

Time passed and they were both glistening with sweat. Every once in a while, Ash had to force his thoughts away from Misty's cleavage.
“That’s it.” Misty said in a huff as she sat up.
“What?” He questioned.
“I’m getting out of here. I say we go find an Ice Creamery.” She stood up and stretched.
“Soooo there.” Ash got up and put his shirt back on, then putting on flip-flops colored like pokeballs.
“Good thing it was only a minor sprain.” Misty put her sandals on, now wearing an actual Ace Bandage.

After a long absence of sound, he deicided to break the silence. “So what flavor are you planning on getting? I’m thinking Mago-lo Mania.” He licked his lips.
“Hmm. Rawst Berry Rage? Or Leppa Cream Pie. That was my favorite when I was little and I’m feeling a tad nostialgic.” She briefly closed her eyes for a trip down memory lane.
“Really!? Mine too!” The boy grinned.
“You’re pulling my leg.” Misty elbowed him, glaring slightly. They entered the actual town, as the house was just outside it.
“No, I’m not. Why do you always have to assume the worst?” Ash frowned. He was beginning to forget about the heat, as they past building after building.
“Do I have to answer that?”
“Yes?” He said, uncertain.
“’cause you’re an idiot.” She raised and eyebrow.
“Hey!” He stopped walking.
“And stubborn, thick, obnoxious…” Ash stopped listening to her. “Lemme finish.” Misty grabbed his arm.
“Fine, get it over with.”
“and caring.” The last word was spoken with far more feeling than any of the others. But disaster struck and ruined the moment.
“Oh, no. Look at that line!” She sweatdropped. The line lead right out the door of the creamery and extended for at least 3-4 yards. The store was decorated in pastel colors. Mainly a suble pink, powder blue, and lime green. This made Misty briefly think of sherbert

Ash and Misty waited in line for what felt like hours in the scorching heat, the sun relentlessly beating down. Finally, they made it to the front of the line. The inside was colored similar to the outside, and on the wall, was a long list of flavors.
“Sorry for the wait. We’re seriously understaffed.” The young woman apologized. She was tan and slightly portly, with brown hair.
“Two scoops of Leppa Cream Pie each please.” Ash rummaged through his pockets, then did an anime style fall. “Brock took all the money shopping.” He groaned.
“Ugh.” Misty promptly joined him on the floor.
“Tell you what. If you help out here for a couple of hours and do a good job, you can earn some ice cream.”
“Thankyouthankyouthankyou!” The teens said in unison.
“Just bring out new tubs of whatever’s empty, stack the old ones over there-“ she pointed. “wash the dishes whenever the sink gets full, and clean up any and all spills.” The woman paused. “and be careful with the freezer. The door’s been on the fritz. Not to mention the temperature control.” Ash and Misty stood there for a bit, trying to soak in all the information.

So they set to work. The employees scooped the ice cream and Ash and Misty handled just about everything else. First Misty washed the dishes, and Ash mopped the floor. Misty knew what she was doing, as she almost always did them at home, because her sisters didn't want to ruin their manicures. Ash however, was slightly lost, but was able to figure it out.When she was done, the gym leader noticed that the Omega Oran was out, so she went to go get more. Moments later, Ash detected an empty Mountain Bluk Berry.

“Ah!” The two collided with each other in the freezer. During the impact, the door shut.
“It. Won’t. Open!” Cried Ash, pushing on the door with all his might.
“You’re not pushing hard enough.”
“I’m pushing as hard as I can, Misty. Think you can do better?”
“I know I can.” And she shoved Ash out of the way and began pushing herself. “Wow, it’s really stuck.”
“Toldya.” He folded his arms, both to prove a point, and because the cold was starting to affect him.
“Lets both try together.” Misty suggested. They both postitioned themselves in ways that would make them sturdier, and gripped the handle. Unfortunately, it would not budge.
“What do we do now?” Ash asked her.
“Plug your ears.”
“Wh-“ He was putting is hands up to his ears.
“HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed at the top of her lungs.
“Did you have to yell that loud?”
“Do you think they heard me?” Misty asked, ignoring him.
“Misty.” He put his hand on her shoulder. “Rayquaza heard you.” She was in the process of coming up with an insult when there was a knock.
“You two in there? We can’t seem to open it from out here either. The repair man is set to come next week. For now, I’ll call the fire department.” The woman who had given them the job ran off to get help.
Poor Misty. She’s half nak-“ He thought as he watched her shiver in her tiny shorts and bikini top and slapped himself before he could finish it.
“Don’t worry. I’m just a little bit cold.” She assured him, observing his concern. The two occupied themselves by taking in their surroundings. Everything was silver and gray, including the shelves that held the big ice cream containers.

Time passed and they heard the woman again.
“They’re going to send someone as soon as they can. They’re trying to contain a wildfire. They said to huddle together for warmth and take care with your fingers and such.” They blushed upon the last sentence.
“Okay!” Misty replied.
“Misty?”
“Yeah?”
“You took care of me, so now I’m going to take care of you.” He scooted closer to her, his face completely red.
“…” Ash grabbed her and placed Misty on his lap, and stretched his baggy, white, shirt around the two of them. She curled up in a ball on his lap and he wrapped his arms around her. The two of them sat there silently for a little while, no longer feeling all that cold.
BANG!
The door ‘opened’ and some firemen came in with cinders on their uniforms.
“You kids okay? You didn’t do anything naughty while you waited, did you?” The man teased.
“With her?/him?” They hastily wriggled away from each other with red faces.

Later, they were at the station wrapped in blankets, drinking hot chocolate. The others showed up, including a very angry Brock.
“Can’t I leave you guys alone for just a little bit without you getting into trouble!” If they were in anything resembling a critical situation, he wouldn’t be yelling. The doctor said that they would have been fine the way they were for a while after the rescue, and all they needed was a hot drink and a little bed rest. They would be able to get it because while they were out, Dawn won free tickets on an blimp that would drop them off near the convention.
“But-“
“No buts. I have one very important question for the two of you.” They prepared themselves for the worst. “What did you two do while you were in there?” Brock grinned pervertedly. This was taken care of by a simultaneous thunderbolt, hammer whack, and poison jab.

Last edited:
Yes, I should be more descriptive. How strange, normally I am. Well, the next part should be a lovely part to excersize that. Thank you for letting me know.

I love all three of the stories~! I can't wait for Terra if you do make it. I love how you made the stories about the elements. I love how you didn't change their character at all, especially Misty. Great job~!

Thanks! I am planning on doing Terra, I just decided that now wasn't the time for it. And I'm open to suggestions for A. what could happen on a blimp, and B. basic ideas for the other elements. I plan on doing all seventeen types you know.

Wow, I'm starting to aquire a fanbase. Should I go back and make the other ones more discriptive? I think I will, but I want you guys' opinions.

Last edited:
FROST was awesome! I loved the funny Brock line at the end, but my fav part was when Misty was in Ash's arms. How sweet :)

Oooooaaaw! I'm glad you liked it! Maybe if I keep imroving, I can participate in the next award-thingy. Do you want to be signed up to be alerted whenever I finish a section?

Sure! Thanks. Oh and if you do get nominated for the fanfic awards, I'd definately vote for you ^_^

I'd like to be notified, too when you post another piece. Maybe for the blimp, it could be called WIND or something and they
get caught in a big wind storm/tornado or something.
What do you think?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom