• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PokéShipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
LusterPurge is referring to me.

No, I don't have any kids, (nor do I want any) but this is Pokemon. Any problem with the kid could be solved without too much trouble.

I was referring to you, indeed.

It could, but I don't recall ever having seen a family with young kids traveling around in the anime like Ash. I think the writers settled for the more traditional ideas in the show, it's kodomo right? And that means settling down when you have a family...

Yeah, I'm sure they'd probably settle down, but I like the traveling around idea better since Satoshi can't sit still for more than 5 minutes. I can't see that changing when he gets older.

Ash: Pikachu, you're on babysitting duty. If they misbehave, have Grotle tie them up.

It took care of Togepi most of the time, and has helped take care of many other Pokemon over the years. I'm sure it could figure out a human baby soon enough.

If Ash and Misty ever did hook up, what kind of difficulties do you think they'd have in a relationship?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet but I'd see both of them getting jealous of the other if there was any kind of flirting or "getting to friendly" with someone of the opposite gender. At least in the beginning since is has been shown that Misty can be very jealous and I don't see that changing right away even with her more motherly nature now. As for Ash, if he figured out Misty loved him and he loved her back, he'd be possessive till he learned it was alright and Misty wouldn't leave him.

As for settling down and having kids, everyone has made good point about it, but honestly, even if we allow them to age in in the show, they're still in their mid teens so settling down is out of the question, but once they get into their 20s, things might change and Ash will have probably closer to his goal or found that he doesn't have to travel all around creation to achieve it, though it helps in some ways. I see Ash's stubbornness becoming more of a determined quality later in life and if he loves someone, he'll go to great lengths to keep them happy, though that's my view on things.

It's not like it'd just be the two of them, we already know how good a caretaker Pikachu is.
:p Haha, exactly!
I actually don't know what they'd do though, because I can imagine that Kasumi'd want to settle down...

:p Haha, exactly!
I actually don't know what they'd do though, because I can imagine that Kasumi'd want to settle down...

She'd kind of have to, unless she can convince her sisters to actually take care of the gym.

But I don't really see her as a "settling down" kind of person. I think it's clear she likes traveling as a trainer as opposed to being a gym leader.

She's also the type that wants the sentiment of having a stereotypical kind of life - where she settles down with the person she loves, and has kids, and things that involve having a stable lifestyle.

Which I'm not too sure Satoshi could give her, unless she has to wait even more/even longer for him...
Which seems sad to me :/

She's also the type that wants the sentiment of having a stereotypical kind of life - where she settles down with the person she loves, and has kids, and things that involve having a stable lifestyle.
As well as being fairly motherly (even with Togepi, imagine how she'll be with her own kids!)

Since Satoshi ought to be champion by that time, maybe he'll just travel when he needs to do an important battle/save the world and otherwise can stay home and play on his Wii? xD

I can't imagine Ash staying home for long. He likes to travel. Maybe Misty can look after the kids, and Ash coming home ocassionally?

But that's just sad! :-( I want them to always be together...

I'm the same way. I know Ash and Misty are apart now, but if they actually ever did become official and have kids and everything I'd want to see them together all the time. :3

Exactly! Obviously they'd not be joint at the hips, but they'd at least come home every day to each other :)

I dunno if Ash or Misty will ever get together since romance really isn't focused on in the show( though I really hope they will). However if they do get together, I think Ash will stay at home most of the time and just go out to carry out duties as a champion leaving him plenty of time to spend with Misty and the kids =)

I was watching "Gotta Catch Ya Later" (one of my favs) & then I heard something that I didn't pay attention to before...

Ash: "But Misty, it's only while they're gone."

Now to my question...

Did Ash ever found out that Misty's sisters had returned from that around the world trip? Because it sounds like Ash expected Misty to return just like Brock did.

Did Ash ever found out that Misty's sisters had returned from that around the world trip? Because it sounds like Ash expected Misty to return just like Brock did.

Well he had too. He met up with Misty after Hoenn and hiding something like that when everyone else know is kinda hard.

I was watching "Gotta Catch Ya Later" (one of my favs) & then I heard something that I didn't pay attention to before...

Ash: "But Misty, it's only while they're gone."

Now to my question...

You know, I honestly never even noticed that before. Ash obviously must have found out that Misty's sisters came back eventually, but did he find out when he saw Misty after Hoenn or did he find out before that?

It really did seem he expected Misty to come back...aw. :[

Last edited:
that's true never thought of that^^

It would have been cute for them to show Ash really sad once he realized Misty wasn't going to return.

That would have been really cute, I agree. Ash was clearly very upset by Misty's departure, and if he really thought Misty would return eventually, then seeing his reaction when he found out Misty wasn't coming back would have been cute.

It would have been cute for them to show Ash really sad once he realized Misty wasn't going to return.

Yeah I mean, look how sad he looks when he was thinking about Misty in the Jiarchi movie.

PokemonJirachiWishmakerpart5of9_000.jpg

PokemonJirachiWishmakerpart5of9_-1.jpg

PokemonJirachiWishmakerpart5of9_1__.jpg

Even though it was a dub added line, it was still cute. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom