• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokéwalker Discussion Thread

What do you think of Pokéwalker?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2 quick questions.

#1 If a Pokémon reaches a level where it's supposed to evolve, will it?

#2 If a Pokémon reaches a level where it's supposed to learn a new move, and it already knows 4 moves, will it make room for the new one?

No they don't. Had it happen for both. :p You have to level the Pokémon once more in the cartridge for it to evolve/learn the move.

And @Blazaking EX Noooot really. :/ Unless you're ready to constantly be sending it back and forth between the cartridge and the Pokéwalker, it's not really fast. I tried to do this for my Pidgeot and it really just didn't work well speed-wise. It's a good supplement, but unless you're ready to constantly be sending it back and forth, don't expect it to be fast (Plus, after a while it needs more exp and as such needs more walking time to level and blah blah blah).

Pokéwalker Questions

I didn't want to bump up an over two month old thread, so apologies if this is wrong.

I have two questions regarding the PokéWalker. One, I've started a new file on my game, so I need to reset it. How do I do this?

Secondly, I would like specific instructions on how to use the 'interacting with another PokéWalker' feature, the one that allows transfer of teams to the Trainer House.

Help is appreciated.

Re: Pokéwalker Questions

That is the discussion for the Pokewalker, it would have been alright to revive it.

Threads merged!

Anyway, here's a question. Once, I actually had my game send over a Gligar to the Pokéwalker, and while the Pokéwalker received the Pokémon, the game didn't acknowledge that it had sent. I transferred the Pokémon back immediately, somehow, though, and it was fine.

I wonder, though. If I had managed to do this and traded away the Gligar while it was in my game, then synced my Pokéwalker to the game, would I get a second Gligar? Might this enable a safe cloning glitch?

Why don't you experiment. But first, please post what you did when that happened, and be extremely detailed so we can try to find out.

P.S. If you had one Gligar in the game, and one in the walker, and then you traded it back, did you have only one again, as if one dissappeared?

I think that its going to be quite useful for me, cause it can be a distraction at school for me since i cant play my ds there :3

Thought I should say this all here since it's something related to the Pokéwalker.

On Yellow Forest, I have attempting to get a Pikachu with fly or surf for the past few months. Let me tell you, it's damn near impossible. That whole "10,000+ steps" for a flying pikachu? Pssh, trying GETTING it then. Heck, try even getting that many steps in a DAY. By the way, the step count resets itself every night at midnight if you didn't know (unless I'm mistaking that number on the main screen as something else). I have to walk to classes and what not, and even my crazy thursdays can only net me ~11,000 steps which I've tried to catch a Pikachu with and got no such luck. I have watts to kill, and heck I have Rotom on there (advantageous type) and I still can't come up with a stupid flying or surfing Pikachu.

So yeah, either the rare pokémon hate me (a friend of mine found kangaskhans like crazy when I never found even one in Refreshing Field), or this thing is practically impossible. =3=

It is easier to put the Pokewalker on your wrist with a large, thick, stiff wristband. Possibly made of leather. The swinging motion of your arm makes the counter go much faster.

Take a type that has an advantage with you and it drops the required amount of steps to 7,500... and that is very possible to do.

I hope the thing has like an attachment so it can go on a belt or wristband sketch mentioned

I'm not sure whether this is sad or not, but the idea of a flying Pikachu actually would force me to go outside more @-@

Hmmm interesting... I didn't know that there was a topic about Pokewalker. I'm interested in finding out what the Pokewalker is suppose to do and what Pokemon I can get from it and how it catches it, because I heard that it can catch pokemon.

Game Freak really outdid themselves with the Pokewalker. I'm just worried someone will see it on my belt at work. :sweatlol:

I hope everyone sees it on me at work/school XD

A single Pokewalker can work with both HG and SS, correct? Like, if I get one game new, with the Pokewalker, and then get the other version used without it, will I be able to make the Pokewalker work with the used game?

I know it's been answered that it can be synched when you start a new save file, but my question is does it work on a different version than the one it came with or was originally synched with?

Last edited:
Can't wait but, what annoys me is the fact that despite all company's selling it with a free Pokewalker people still believe you only get the game.

Yes, this is a good idea.
How the Pokéwalker worked was relatively up in the air before launch, and now that it's launched people aren't saying anything about it because there's the main game to report on.
This is the only thing about HGSS that I actively want to have explained to me.
Well... Besides sprites

lol the pokewalker is what convinced me to buy the game, can't wait till March, this will be good for cons and such too!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom