• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Poliwrath or Politoed?

Do you like Poliwrath or Politoed better?

• Poliwrath

Votes: 60 41.4%
  • Politoed

Votes: 61 42.1%
  • Both

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • None

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

~AntonioBIO~

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I like Politoed better because I think it looks cooler than Poliwrath, and I think it is stronger than Poliwrath in HP and Special Attack Stats.

I vote Politoed. Now bare with me. I like Politoed better because he has more in common with Poliwhirl and Poliwag, not in looks obviously, but in the personality it seems to have. Politoed seems to retain more of the playfulness of its previous family, while Poliwrath suddenly becomes angry and violent. Also, Poliwhirl needs to evolve into Politoed, if it's a tadpole it should become a frog.

There is nothing really showing that poliwag or poliwhirl are playful.

I like poliwrath cause it is interesting. Tadpole or not, I consider it close enough to a frog to survive as one. Politoeds are like the kings and there are most likely like one per large group who gets to be fully developed.

I like poliwrath. Even though it's a fairly unexciting pokemon, and its types don't help it very much, I think it's a rather fun pokemon. I'm partial to giving it Belly drum (even though it's nearly suicide for it to actually use it) and brick break, just so it really feels like a fighter.

I personally always hated the way Politoad looked. I also found how its not as strong as Poliwrath a downpoint to. I don't really like Poliwrath much, but o well.

Politoed, though the name could have been better. I like the way it completes the life cycle of a frog. Would have also been better if it had come out first or reached this stage through friendship or natural evolution. (thus making Poliwrath the exceptional one)

Still, I love how often Poliwhirl and Poliwrath get confused with each other. I do agree that Poliwrath is a better fighter, but how [does it talk] and what does it (and Poliwhirl) eat?

(I always told my sister that it talks and eats through its nostrils. And it eats plants)

Politoed. Poliwrath just looks like a buff, angry version of Poliwhirl. Then again, Politoed looks like it wouldn't even evolve from the thing. Honestly, when I first played Pokemon Silver I didn't know it evolved from Poliwhirl until I looked at a guide. n_n;

*shrugs* `Toed still looks better to me though. :3

I think I like both, they both have their own different strengths and weaknesses, and they each look cool and/or are cute. But I like Polywrath a bit better, just because he looks a bit cooler.

watergod said:
I vote Politoed. Now bare with me. I like Politoed better because he has more in common with Poliwhirl and Poliwag, not in looks obviously, but in the personality it seems to have. Politoed seems to retain more of the playfulness of its previous family, while Poliwrath suddenly becomes angry and violent. Also, Poliwhirl needs to evolve into Politoed, if it's a tadpole it should become a frog.

Poliwrath IS a frog. By the way, I like Poliwrath, he's one of my favorites.

Poliwrath makes an amusing anti-Skarmbliss. Politoed can stop Suicune with Perish Song + Water Absorb.

I like Politoed more, first because it is cuter than Poliwrath(xD), and second because it makes more sense that a tadpole would turn into a frog, not a bigger tadpole(which is what I always saw Poliwrath as). I also think Poliwrath would look exactly the same as Poliwhirl if it smiled instead of frowned. xD

Politoed's cuter, but I've always preferred using Poliwrath if I use one of the Poli's. Something about Politoed's too random. I mean, techincally he makes more sense as an evolution, but it's probably because I was more used to Poliwrath and that worked in my brain by the time they made Politoed. Which just randomly changes colour and shape majorly. XD It doesn't really look like an evolution, but the Poli gave it away. Which is better than some Pokemon, who just evolve into something that looks nothing like their original form and have a very random name.
BTW, I think Poliwrath is more "buff" than Poliwhirl. I think that's how we're meant to tell them apart. Looking at the GSC graphics I think they're slightly different colours. But they're still nightmares to tell apart.

Poliwrath as it takes my Least Favourite type and combines it with a type there are way toooooo many of in an awesome style
I want to train this but have a Water Type already.
Oh well to boot or not to boot....
Politoed is hard to obtain if you do not have a Kingsrock or cant afford to use it as it is on a Pokemon that needs to hold it
Correct me if im wrong here but isnt Poliwrath based on an actual
Fighting-Frog in Japan or somewhere?

I like Poliwrath more its looks better and much stroger too in my opinion. Politoed looks too cute and I'm sorry but cute looking Pokemon are a big No for me. Also Poliwrath looks a lot more like its Prevolutions, which is sort of the idea. Take Kirlia for example its green,white and a very elegant Pokemon which evolves into Gardevior which is again green,white and elegant. It doesn't evolve into something black,red and clumsy does it now?

Well, remember, Kirlia evolves into Erlade, too, and its coloration is quite a bit darker than any of the others.

And don't forget Bellossom, it looks NOTHING like the rest of the family, and it's even smaller than Oddish!

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom