• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Poliwrath VS Politoed

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
poliwrath.png
VS
politoed.png

Battle of the frogs! These two fully evolved frog Pokemon descend from a cute, little Poliwag who after evolving into Poliwhirl is able to evolve either in Poliwrath by using the water stone, or in Politoed by using King's Rock via trade. Now, I can't tell much about them, but judging by their typing they seem to be quite opposite to each other.

- Which one do you prefer?

- Which one fares better in-game?
- Which one is better in competitive battles?

It's up to you, although I prefer Politoed because of its funny looks and typing. ;-)

Last edited:
Re: Poliwrath VS Politoad

Which one do you prefer?

Politoed

Which one fares better in-game?

I guess it depends.

Which one is better in competitive battles

I would think Poliwrath.

Re: Poliwrath VS Politoad

Politoad its Politoed.

Politoed is better in every aspect. Poliwrath is just a larger Poliwhirl with angry eyebrows.

Am I the minority?

I like Poliwrath. Mostly for competitive reasons. And who doesn't love the unique Water/Fighting combo?

Poliwrath. I like fighting types.

Close call, Poliwrath gets alotta power but Politoad gets Perish Song. I'd probably say Poliwrath cause even AI switches when Perish Song is about to hit 0.

No experience with/against either of them so I'm gonna leave this blank.

Poliwrath, for having unique typing and for being the strongest Pokemon I've ever had.

Poliwrath for all 3 questions. It can sweep under Belly Drum, defend itself, etc. It also looks cooler than Politoed, IMO.

why have some green toad when you can have a big blue thing that kicks ass?

I hate both of them... Random swirling of the mouse pointer with my eyes closed picked Politoed, so there we go.

POLITOED! Tommy is a member of my team, and he rocks. I remember he helped me beat Blaine when he was only at level 29.

Politoed; it has a better design.
Poliwrath, with an average attack stat, is better offensively.
Same as above.

Poliwrath. Green sprite = awesome. It doesn't look like an angry Poliwhirl! :D

Also, it's the only Fighting-type other than Lucario (mystic powers) or Medicham's line (half Psychic) that can learn Psychic. :D

And it's a fighting tadpole! :D

Poliwrath. Even though it looks disgusting, I always go for the blue ones.

-Politoad actually suggests that the tadpoles (no pun intended here>) evolve.
-In game though, Poliwrath's Dual STAB hits more things for SE, and we all know that's all you need for a play through.
-Competetively, I can't really deside. They're both kind of "eh" to me. Poliwrath can probably deal more damage, but I feel like Politoad has to make its shine somewhere with Perish Song.

Hard choice for me, I'm going to have to chose Wrath because of dual STAB. (sorry politoed)

Well, I chose Poliwrath for its type combination, and more importantly, the moves it learns. Its Fighting type gives it Bulk Up and some Fighting moves to boot. I also chose Poliwrath anyway because I thought Politoed is dull to me, as he looks vastly different from his counterpart. But then, to Politoed's credit, it does learn Perish Song.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom