• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poll: Favorite Evil Team Boss

Whats you favorite Evil Team Boss?

• Giovanni

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Maxie

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Archie

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Cyrus

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • N

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Ghetsis (B2W2 only)

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters
And by using Dialga and Palkia's power to destroy all worlds, he's controlling time and space. Duh.

This argument is going nowhere, he's not trying to take over (As in ruling it) Time and Space, he's controlling Time and Space by using Dialga and Palkia's power to destroy all worlds to create 1 without emotion.

But anyways, Archie and Maxie's ideas were interesting (As in the fact it seems they didn't take Science class), but they realize what they did wrong in Emerald
They awoken both Kyogre and Groudon but then realized that it would cause them to fight, so the player has to awaken Rayquaza to stop them from fighting

Last edited:
And by using Dialga and Palkia's power to destroy all worlds, he's controlling time and space. Duh.

This argument is going nowhere, he's not trying to take over (As in ruling it) Time and Space, he's controlling Time and Space by using Dialga and Palkia's power to destroy all worlds to create 1 without emotion.

Thus controlling time and space. Duh.

The only one with a believable motive.
The only one with a plan that could work.
The one one who's idea isnt based off some implausible idea

The one with style

GIOVANNI

Cyrus. He was nihilistic. He was crazy. He wanted to rebuild the whole... everything.
The guy was awesome.

Also, kudos to Ghetsis for trying to kill the protagonist. He has balls.

N definitely because he has a really great backsstory, its actually really sad. None of the others have a backstory really. But I like Cyrus because he tries to create his own world with Team Galactic but at last minute he decides its just for him. Then he is trapped firever in this Distortion World, alone forever. But I like how Ghetsis just starts killing people in B2W2.

I like N because he actually had a reason to do what he did. He wasn't just, "mwahaha! Steal the Pokemon for world domination!" I think if the rest of the characters had a richer backstory, they could have surpassed N. Cyrus came close, I suppose.

Well Giovanni won my respect when I found out he was the last gym leader. That and the fact that he's like the godfather of pokemon mafia (in my point of view) However, he's not my favorite.

I don't like Archie at all, but I like Maxie alot. Maxie has great taste in fashion. I really liked how he had the magma grunts dress, and his hair. It looks like he uses plenty of conditioner and it's the hair style I used to want. But on a serious note, due to his plan basically distroy everyone including himself that'll have to be the reason why he's not my favorite.

I have to give Cyrus credit. He's like what a villian should be like, taking over the world and stuff. He may not be my favorite villian but he's still number 2 in my book.

Ghetsis wasn't that great, I mean he had a decent theme and all but if he was the one that wanted to rule the world then why not make him the boss of team plasma insted of N in the first black and white.

So out of all of them I gotta go with N. He was very ideal and a little bit crazy I think, but in the end he was like your best friend but at the same time your worst enemy.

Giovanni and Ghetsis, for me. They're the most evil and cruel of the villains, in my opinion. They don't try to justify their beliefs to themselves or others; they merely manipulate people for their own gains and to suit their personal agendas.

Ghetsis. He's evil, manipulative, abusive to his son...

And he has a SWORD.

I think N is easily my favourite because of his backstory. It's something that has really been lacking in previous generation Team Bosses, a proper backstory. With N, we know that his father brought him up with no proper friends. Instead all he had were abused and mistreated Pokemon, his motherly sisters (who Ghetsis must have mistreated and warped the brains of too), and of course Ghetsis himself. But then again, is N really "Evil" - definitely not. For all the abuse his father put him through, N is ultimately a good hearted person who is motivated by the purest of intentions and causes. That's why his leaving is so sad at the end. He really becomes, as someone else has already said, the player's best friend and worst enemy at the same time. The PC and N are kind of like a coin, opposing sides but the same. It's a nice motif.

Ghetsis on the other hand is just pure evil. He abused his kids by raising them to suit roles within his organisation, he brain-washed the other sages and he nearly succeeded in brainwashing all the trainers by using N's purity and goodness to his own ends. Unlike other villains, you really get the feeling that he is dangerous, that he would kill anyone without a thought (and indeed he does attempt to do just that). That is scary. Plus you get the feeling that no matter what happens, he will always be back to seek revenge. Plus I have to say that the Plasma Castle, having a system of positions - King, Sages, Goddesses and Grunts - almost feels mystical. And given that he actually raised N up to be the King and Hero, you know that his desires are too huge for him to ever want to give them up for anything.

I never really liked Archie or Maxie. In my head I always preferred Maxie simply because he looked more like a villain. But their plans were rubbish because they didn't seem to have the common sense to realise that expanding the sea/land would probably kill them too. It was a bit stupid.

Cyrus's plan was crazy on a whole other level. On the one hand, right up until N and Ghetsis, I thought he was a great villain simply because he had that razzle-dazzle, brain-washing affect on all his followers. As someone said, if N had managed to reach adulthood under the control of Ghetsis rather than breaking free when he did, he probably would have ended up having the same affect on people. That sort of faye persona gives off an air of authority, and I think that villains who have the ability to make their followers obey them blindly are scary. His plan was crazy, though.

Giovanni is a classic, though. He is definitely the least developed of the Villains but that doesn't really make him any less "woah!" when you have to fight him as the last Kanto Gym Leader. He really gave Kanto the air of being a lawless, dangerous and crime ridden place that the other regions don't really have. I guess its because they feel like the Mafia. And the grunts looked scary with those whips they carried around. I like him but I don't think he deserves to be called the best just because he was the Original Pokemon Mafia Boss Leader.

Archie cuz he's just stupid. How are people who can't swim going to survive? lol.
And 70% of the earth (i think) is covered by water.
He makes me lol.

Giovanni - guy ran the Pokemon Mafia/Yakuza and had some pretty neat style going, that and being the last gym leader came as a shock to 8 year old me.

Cyrus - Dude tried to use legendary pokemon to destroy the world and create a new one without soul and emotions. Pretty badass if you ask me. Plus his backstory made me a little sad.

N - The most sympathetic of the villains and had an interesting backstory. He genuinely believed that what he was doing was the right thing to do. Besides, I think that in the right circumstances N and the MC could/could have been friends.

Ghetsis - pretty much one of, if not the most evil team leader in the games since Evice and Greevil in Colosseum and XD. The guy used and controlled N for his own means until N failed him, and in BW2 he attempts to murder the MC. Not defeat the MC in a pokemon battle and capture them, but outright attempts to murder them. That it...pretty fucking evil and that was after he kicked the poochyena damn hard at the end of BW.

I knew the choice with the most votes will be N.

I choose Giovanni because I dunno, he just look like a BAWS.

Ghetsis. Is it just me, or is he the only boss so far to have a plan that actually made sense?

N is my favorite because he just had a amazing backstory, though it was pretty sad. Cyrus is a close second though because he was completely insane. Ghetsis tries to kill you which is pretty awesome. And Giovanni is classic.

Never cared much for Archie or Maxie.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom