• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poll: Favorite Evil Team Boss

Whats you favorite Evil Team Boss?

• Giovanni

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Maxie

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Archie

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Cyrus

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • N

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Ghetsis (B2W2 only)

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters
While Ghetsis is by far the most successful and logical (Someone gets in your way? Just kill them!) I have to go with Giovanni, as he possess the style, class and honor that the others don't have. Plus, he's the only one who's plan isn't some Saturday morning cartoon plot about legendaries.

Well let's see. Team Rocket's only goals are wreaking havoc and making money, I must rule out Giovanni. Although their plans were somewhat successful.

Archie and Maxie wanted to Flood and Essentially remove water from the earth, respectively. Basically committing suicide. Their plans failed, so I must rule them out.

Cyrus wanted to completely re-create the Pokemon universe, with him in charge. A completely reasonable, but very cliche type of plan. Again though, his plan was foiled, so he must be ruled out.

Ghetsis's plan was to simply take control of all Unova, even to the point of using orphans with healing powers or ones who can talk to pokemon. His plan is the most cliche, but the most thought out, and in my opinion, the most evil. He also gets very close to succeeding, but is also foiled.

N on the other hand had a very noble goal. He wanted to free Pokemon from cruel trainers who did not care for them. He wanted complete separation between humans and pokemon. He also was the chosen hero of a giant fucking dragon. Thus, he is my favorite.

1. Giovanni- I liked his mafia-ness. Also, I liked how his team had realistic goals (none of that "flood the earth" or "control time/space", but get money through selling stolen Pokemon)

2. Maxie/Archie- I don't like their goals. I guess they never took a course in Physical Geography, otherwise they'd know the problems with changing the Land/sea ratio.

3. Cyrus- Over the top goals. Control space and time, really?

4. N- I honestly don't get all the love he gets. He's overrated.

5. Ghetsis (B2W2)- don't know anything about B2W2, so I can't say.

Last edited:
Cyrus, I don't really care about his goals, he was just completely nuts, which is pretty awesome in my book.

N's not evil, I don't think he quite qualifies as Evil Team Boss, he's just the villain. And being the villain doesn't mean much, anyway, since villains usually think of themselves as heroes when they're following an ideal.

Ghetsis, on the other hand, is unspeakably evil, so he gets my vote.

The other ones never really seemed evil to me (rather Too Dumb To Live), so they lose points for it. Giovanni is quite cool, though, so he's at second.

I like N. he was awesome. His goal was just so clear in my perspective. It was better than Ghetsis. Wow. Just taking over Unova? Not my taste. I like teams that have something to do with Pokémon.

Akagi and Ghetsis both rank the top of my "Fave Villainous Team Leader" list. Both are psychopath nutcases, but at least Akagi is the better-looking of the two. I think these two made very great villains. The former never faces justice, instead he just leaves the player with a chilling threat and stays in the Distortion World; while the latter actually tries to kill the player character before going stark raving mad. Both of their plans would possibly cause a LOT of deaths. How is that for a "more mature serious dark" plot?

I also like Maxie a lot, if only for his good looks. While he had good intentions, he went about it the wrong way and shouldn't have fallen asleep during Geology class. Plus he was crazy, too, if he honestly thought blowing up a volcano would increase Hoenn's land size.

Definitely N.

Regardless of what one says about him, I like how we actually got a character surrounded by such mature story, a kid influenced negatively by adults around him. He starts of as a character unaware of his wrongdoings but matures enough to realize his mistakes leaving us with a valuable message, to follow our dreams and ideals. He's definitely unlike any "villain" we've had so far which is what makes him my favorite evil team boss.

Second place is shared by Cyrus/Ghetsis/Giovanni. Cyrus, because he obviously despised human kind and wanted to recreate the universe according to his wishes. Ghetsis, because his mind was so twisted that he went as far to isolate an innocent child from all human contact in order to use him later for his nasty ideals. And Giovanni, well, because he's just a classic bad guy.

I find Archie/Maxie simply ridiculous, to be honest.

N is easily my favorite out of the evil team leaders as well. He just has a much more interesting personality, backstory and goal to make him stand out from all of the other leaders. He even got some solid development during the course of B/W and after he learned that Ghetsis was pulling the strings around him this whole time, he went off on his own. Plus, unlike all of the other leaders before, I actually felt bad for N when he left since he was much more fleshed out to me. Being chosen by a dragon is a nice bonus for me too.

Cyrus would probably be in second place for me. He was more interesting than the last couple of leaders and his personality and goals were a bit more unique. I wasn't much of a fan of either Maxie or Archie since their goals were kind of disturbing with causing water levels to rise or land to increase and nothing really stood out about either one of them. Though, I haven't played R/S in ages, so maybe I'm forgetting something about them. Giovanni would be last since he wasn't that interesting. Though, he did have more of a threatening presence than Maxie or Archie did. I don't know what Ghetsis does in B2/W2 and I don't want to find out until I play the games for myself, so I can't really include him on this list either.

Cyrus, I don't really care about his goals, he was just completely nuts, which is pretty awesome in my book.

I agree. He wasn't really sucessful, but he was at least dedicated to his bonkers plan. That makes him cool in my book

Giovanni seemed like the most practical villain in my mind. And his messed up relationship with his son only makes him more real to me.

I'd say Ghetsis. He's probably the darkest villain we've had so far. SPOILER ALERT: I mean, he actually tries to KILL you rather than battle you and think that'll stop you if he wins. Plus he looks like a psychopath now, which is pretty cool.

Giovanni and Cyrus are tied for 2nd. Giovanni probably had the most realistic of all the bad guys. Plus he seemed like he was in the mafia. Cyrus is butthurt that people have emotions, so he tries to take over f*cking time and space.

Cyrus is butthurt that people have emotions, so he tries to take over f*cking time and space.

He doesn't try to take over time and Space, in Platinum he summons Dialga and Palkia to try to destroy the worlds, then try to recreate the world without emotion, because there would be no wars. Have you not read his backstory?

So on a side note, if you actually read his backstory, he's a pretty cool Villain.

Cyrus is basically what'd happen if N read lots of Nietzsche. Well, sorta.

And his defeat is one of the best actually. Like, normally defeating the bad guy would either cause him to disband, or stop doing what they do, or actually go to jail, or even have a change of heart.

But Cyrus? He becomes isolated within himself, in his little world. With the idea that one day he might actually win.

He was insane in a chilling way.

And Ghetsis is cool because he's outright an asshole with no scruples nor class. Like, Giovanni has dubious morals at least. This guy has literally none.

I really like N just because he's so child like even though he's pretty intelligent. He's also one of the most developed characters in the Pokemon game series.

Ghetsis and Cyrus are pretty awesome too, because they're totally out of it.

Cyrus is butthurt that people have emotions, so he tries to take over f*cking time and space.

He doesn't try to take over time and Space, in Platinum he summons Dialga and Palkia to try to destroy the worlds, then try to recreate the world without emotion, because there would be no wars. Have you not read his backstory?

So on a side note, if you actually read his backstory, he's a pretty cool Villain.

I know the backstory. And really, he is trying to take over time and space. By controling Dialga and Palkia, he's controlling time and space. Duh.

I know the backstory. And really, he is trying to take over time and space. By controling Dialga and Palkia, he's controlling time and space. Duh.
He's not trying to take over Time and Space, he's using Dialga and Palkia's power to destroy all worlds, then create 1 without emotion.

He's not trying to take over Time and Space, he's using Dialga and Palkia's power to destroy all worlds, then create 1 without emotion.

And by using Dialga and Palkia's power to destroy all worlds, he's controlling time and space. Duh.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom