• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poll: Favorite Gen and Region

Whats your favorite Gen and Region?

• Total voters
Favorite Pokémon: Generation 1

Favorite Region: Unova (had a hard time choosing between Unova, Johto or Kanto).

I lurve Sinnoh! The Pokemon there are awesome! (Yes, even... Bidoofs)

My favorite generation will always be the the first due to negligible, blind nostalgia for the late 90's... but I have to admit, my favorite region would have to be Hoenn. Perhaps I just have yet to discover everything in Unova, but Hoenn is so huge. So many places to surf and uncover different things. I've had Ruby and Sapphire for years, but I still don't think I've uncovered everything there is in the game.

Voted gen 4 and Kanto, I really enjoy diamond and I think kanto is the best as it has a lot to do and I am fond with the areas as they have appeared in 4 generations.

I voted for gen 3 and Hoenn. Because that was the region I first played through.

My favorite generation is the first, if only for the fact that all of my friends were playing it at the time it came out.

Johto is my favorite region because of the locations. My favorites are the national park, dark cave, mt silver and azalea forest.

First gen in terms of Pokemon designs, second gen in terms of main games, and Hoenn region

Last edited:
Gen III was the best one for me. It was when I really understood how to play. Chose Unova for the region since, well, I'm not really sure.

I voted gens II and V, and Hoenn and Unova. All of them have their own little charm to them, however.

Favourite Generation: Gen V. It completely breaks all the rules that the Pokemon main series had beforehand (for example there wasn't a third version game, there were direct sequels within a generation, etc.), it was sort of a reboot of the series (which doesn't always work with series, but it did here), and it pretty much cancelled out all pre-Gen V Pokemon until BW2, so it was pretty much Gen I take two.

Favourite Region: Hoenn. It has a range of landscapes (desert, jungle, ocean, grassland, caves), it's probably the most non-linear region closely followed by Sinnoh and BW2 Unova, and it also happened to be the region where the series had its first mini-reboot so to speak.

My favorite generation will always be the the first due to negligible, blind nostalgia for the late 90's... but I have to admit, my favorite region would have to be Hoenn. Perhaps I just have yet to discover everything in Unova, but Hoenn is so huge. So many places to surf and uncover different things. I've had Ruby and Sapphire for years, but I still don't think I've uncovered everything there is in the game.

Almost ten years and still haven't set foot on Mirage Island.

I voted Gen. III, and I also voted for both Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Sinnoh because that's when I started out, and Hoenn because I had a really fun time playing Ruby and Emerald.

Why is there such little love for Sinnoh? It is by far the awesomest region ever, imo. Though Unova is pretty cool. I only voted gen 4 for my favorite generation, but gen 5 is a favorite too. xP

Unfortunately gen 5 by far is the better generation, simply for all the good it has done. Sure some parts of it are......questionable, but BW2 have been the best taken into account how contained it is. Some might take the lack of spin-offs and general staleness of the hardware change a bit too much, but personally I'm glad the gen was much more laid back in therms of No. of games and what they offer. Region however goes Hoenn, so much goodness in one region. Enough variety, shitloads of shortcuts and no route is one way back and forth, always something extra to offer.

Without playing BW2, I consider gen II the best region. The features added were substantial, and the improvements from gen I were pretty massive.

For favorite region, that easily goes to Sinnoh. Hoenn was pretty shitty, Johto too small, Kanto lacks the really interesting routes, and Unova was uninspiring.

Ah when it comes to the regions as well as overall favorite gen, Gen 1 all the way. Gen 1 and Kanto is what I will go with. Kanto is a simplistic and scenic region and of course Gen 1 would be my overall favorite due to simplistics of gameplay as well that kept me way too hooked on it, in fact I once clocked 999:59 hourds on it. Also Glitches FTW!!

I'd definitely say Johto. Though it wasn't my first region, I grew to love the place when I played through Crystal Version. Plus, the actual Pokemon are great! From the Batman-like Gligar and the tough-looking Feraligatr to the mysterious Lugia and mystical Ho-Oh, the region is full of great locations, great Pokemon, and overall great fun!

Gen III and V's pokemon were the best, but V's unique pokemon just stole my heart after a two year hiatus. So Gen V is my favorite.

BUT, Hoenn was much more fun for me, as it was when I was first starting off, and things like battling Roxanne with a Torchic and Tailow made the game quite a challenge.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom