• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Poll:When they release more pokemon, how do you want them to do it?

Would You rather...

• Keep the Gens seperate? (Have an option to decide which Generation spawn)

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Mix them all in together? (Rattata, Sentret and Bidoofs, Oh My!)

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other? (Let us know how You'd do it)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ToddMann10000

Pokemon Collector
Reaction score
We know that Niantic intend to add more Pokemon at some point. Though it probably won't be for some time yet, I was wondering How they could do it?

Personally, I'd like to see a tick box system, where you could say, "I've caught all the Gen 2 'mons, only show me Gen 1 & 3 pokemon".

What do you think?

I think we'll be able to catch all of them together. But they may only release more generations after a point where the old players would have caught most Kanto Pokemon anyway.

I'm afraid this will make getting started into the game harder for new players, but that's how I believe they'll do it.

They could drip feed them in; start with just Gen1 'mons, then when you hit level 10, you start seeing gen 2. Thatd make it easier for new players.

It seems like they are only adding a few at a time now. Gotta say I like this approach, makes it easier to get them without feeling overwhelmed. However I believe they gotta speed up the rate a bit, I would expect Delibird/Stantler to appear around the holidays and it is time to give us some we can just catch, not restrict it to Eggs.

They may also let us evolve Generation I Pokemon that got an evolution in Gen II. I've been saving up Candies on those species in anticipation.

The strangest ones to deal with (and the ones I guess they'll have more problems with and will thus release towards the end of the Gen II bunch) are Bellosom/Politoed/Espeon/Umbreon (who should use a mechanic similar to what is the case with Eevee for now) and Tyrogue/Hitmontop as there are separate Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan Candy now and I don't know if their programming lets them merge those into a single currency (Tyrogue Candy) somehow...

Last edited:
Yeah, releasing new Pokemon slowly is probably the best approach since it reduces the strain it could have on their servers. I'm sure a lot of people would like to find Johto Pokemon as they walk around, but it might be too difficult to do that right now. I hope that they start working on evolutions for the first generation Pokemon soon. There are quite a few that I can evolve already. I don't know how they'll handle the branch evolutions though. They were able to make it work with Eevee's first evolved forms, but it might be kind of tricky with other Pokemon. I almost forgot about the Tyrogue/Hitmontop situation too. It's the only one of the Johto baby Pokemon to not be available via eggs right now, so I assume that they either have some plan to incorporate it into the Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan line later or they'll just have Tyrogue evolve only into Hitmontop for the purposes of this app.

If they did it with Eevee's evolved forms, I'd bet they will find a way for Espeon/Umbreon at least, although the new time of day system may be part of it.
I'm afraid Tyrogue only evolving into Hitmontop in GO is a possibility, although there are hidden Attack/Defense stats that can be used for the same kind of calculation that decides Tyrogue's evolution in the games.

The one I am most impatient for is Crobat considering it seems to be the one I can get the sooner possible. Espeon is next.

Oh man, I really hope Kingdra and Crobat enter the game soon. I have been saving up for them.

...Tangrowth would be cool, too.
I've been saving up for all the Gen 2 evolutions, but the only one I think I'm ready for is Crobat.

Tangrowth, being Gen 4, is probably going to take a long while to show up...

I've been saving up for all the Gen 2 evolutions, but the only one I think I'm ready for is Crobat.

Tangrowth, being Gen 4, is probably going to take a long while to show up...
Yeah, same here. Although I think I'm at least close with my Horsea candies.

As for Tangrowth, I already hatched two Tangela, one of which has over 1000 CP, so I am hoping Gen 4 rolls around sometime soon, though I know it's a stretch. I'd also say I'm impatient for Magnezone, except I haven't even gotten a single cute widdle Magnemite yet.

I'd like to see them all mixed together, but I'd also like to see them release the new Pokemon gradually instead of all at once. I like how they've done it with the gen 2 babies so far, so hopefully they keep up that tradition with the future gen 2 Pokemon and beyond.

A few Legendary Pokemon are probably going to released next month to commemorate the game's first anniversary and launch the Rank 5 Raid Battles.
Question is, which ones? It's quite likely there will only be Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres for now.

There are some other questions left unanswered; when would Smeargle and Delibird get released, and when Generation III may get released.
Judging from how things were done for the transition from Gen I to Gen II, however (Ditto entered the game before Gen II), I'd guess they'll first find a way to get Smeargle and Delibird in before there are even plans for releasing Gen III.

I expect something for the anniversary. I would like something available to everyone, not like a Mewtwo raid in only very big markets and possible only for high level players.

I'd like to hope that Tier 5 Raids will be available over several areas, not restricted to the biggest of cities or even worse, location-based events.
Problem is, for a rural area, even if Tier 5 Raids do spawn, there may not be enough people to participate in the battle with.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom