• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Poochyena/Mightyena vs. Purrloin/Liepard

Ranger Jack Walker

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
Spr_5b_261.png
Spr_5b_262.png

VS

Spr_5b_509.png
Spr_5b_510.png

Purrloin/Liepard may be Unova's Meowth/Persian but I believe that they are more similar to Poochyena/Mightyena.

Both families are Mono-Dark Types available early in the game and are used by the villain team. Both are fairly useless until they evolve and at that point become fairly useful. At later points in the game they dramatically fall in usefulness as they are largely outclasses.

Which has the better design?

Which is more useful?

Which would win in a battle?

I'm going with Mightyena for all answers. Even if it loses usefulness, I keep it around simply beause having a great big black Hyena/Wolf thing at your side is quite awesome.

Poochyena line I find it much more usefull and better then the purrloin line.

I find the Poochyena line somewhat more original and unique. Even though I enjoy Purrloin and Liepard's designs quite a bit, I'm going to go with Poochyena and Mightyena, partly because I've actually used them before.

I'm going to have to say the Poochyena line for all three.
I find Liepard's design too busy for my tastes, and the yellow distracts me, and I honestly don't like using them--all the ones I've encountered the the game spam pursuit and it's annoying. I do like both but will have to say the Poochyena line wins hands down for me.

Which has the better design? The Mighty Hyena/Wolf hybrid.

Which is more useful? Not too far in White atm, but Mightyena seemed more useful to me in Ruby than Liepard is to me now.

Which would win in a battle? Guessing it would be the Mighty Hyena/Wolf hybrid.

While I love the new early Dark-type, Mightyena has been my favorite Mon since Gen III. Though it may be replaced with Eelektross in the near future. And even though I like the cat, it seems to be the least useful to me out of my current White team, and I probably won't keep it around until the E4.

tl;dr I voted for Poochyena/Mightyena.

Even if it loses usefulness, I keep it around simply beause having a great big black Hyena/Wolf thing at your side is quite awesome.
Quoted for truth.

Nothing on Mightyena, but Liepard and Purrloin are just too cool. Definitely some of the best designed Pokes of Gen V.

If you breed a good Purrloin/Liepard, it can own the game. A good combination of Yawn, Encore, and/or Foul Play works well.

I do like Mightyena's design more. It should just simply be stronger, but it does evolve at level 18... it woulda been better as a 3-stager, something more akin to Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland's line. I mean come on: it's a dang hyena, ain't it?

I think Purrloin/Liepard's feline design and their stats make them slightly better than Mightyena and Poochyena.

Purrloin/Liepard. I never liked Mightyena's design, the fur on it's back is just wierd. Also, they're purple and remind me of Glameow

Mightyena, it has a better movepool, and Purrloin just looks dumb in 3D models.

I can't pick one because I really like both lines, though Purrloin/Liepard's designs stand out more. Both Mightyena and Liepard were pretty useful to me on my teams in RSE and BW/2 equally, though I'd probably say that Mightyena does edge out Liepard a bit in terms of it's movepool, but it wasn't even a bother to me anyway and still had the latter going against the E4.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom