• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pool - What's your favourite GRASS type trainer/expert?

What's your favorite Grass type expert and why?

• Erika

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Gardenia

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Cilan

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Ramos

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Mallow

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Milo

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Leaf_Ranger

For Nature & Creatures
Reaction score
I believe the title of the pool is clear! I only considered the main series videogames and only Gym Leaders (there's still no Grass type E4 member) but if you know and like someone from other games and/or the anime that can be considered a type trainer/expert, feel free to post your opinion. :giggle:

Going from worst to best, I can't like any of the Galar leaders because of their putfits and so Milo is part of them. He has a friendly and cherful look nut that's it.

When making this pool, I couldn't remember Mallow so that says a lot on my opinion about her. I also don't exactly like Tsareena's line nor the Lush Jungle and I also didn't liked trials, hers included as well as Totem PKmn.

Ramos looks nice but I didn't played XY so that's all I can say about him. In my view, XY's leaders roosters and difficulty can make them more forgettable.

Cilan...oh boy...I hated his anime version (simply hedious and those eyes :X3:), he gets overshadowed by being in a trio that I believe was planned for Kalos and the waiter theme can fit the trio but doesn't appeal to me as a Grass trainer. Fortunately, I played B2 before Black, so having him as a partner and with high-level Pkmn is better than his role in the first pair of games.

Moving to Gardenia, I loved her first gym design, her clothes, her city and proximity to a forest as well as being able to have a rematch. She could have had a nod to Rangers but that's ok. I also found quite hilarious her encounter near Eterna's mansion and I love the gym badge.

My vote goes to Erika because since and in the first game she's the essence of Japanese culture and beauty, I always like her kimonos, she's kind, I like how her anime version is connected to perfumes as well as the Pkmn used in-game, her gym despite not being close to a forest is at least in a more secluded area and after Viridian city and forest, Celadon is my favorite place in Kanto and I always loved her gym no matter the version I was playing.

Think I'll go with either Erika or Mallow here.

I don't really see the appeal in Gardenia, Cilan gets a bit overshadow cause it's a trio (As in, they all 3 leave the gym and experience the same struggle instead of just him alone.), Ramos is just... yeah... and Milo is cool but other than being a big friendly giant there's not much I got on him.

Easily Erika. Vileplume is among my favorites and Japanese culture is always a plus. She's also kind:

Erikas-Kindness.jpg

Gardenia, I really like her signature Pokemon (Roserade) and both of her Gym variants in the games. I'd like to see her with at least one Grass/Ghost Pokemon in the Diamond/Pearl remakes, since she is shown to dislike Ghost-types, so that'd be a nice form of character development.

Erika uses Vileplume as an ace, so that automatically makes her number one for me...

She's sweet and her narcolepsy is kind of adorable.

As for the others, I'd probably rank them as Gardenia > Mallow > Cilan > Milo > Ramos. Gardenia's fear of ghosts is amusing, and I like how mallow is a budding hehe chef. Roserade and Tsareena are some of the more interesting grass types as well. The other three leaders just kind of exist, and I don't have much to add on them.

I like Cilan the best, I enjoyed his time in anime when he was in the main cast and his running gags were amusing. But he's not really a presence in the games. I also like his design.

I do not care much for the others though. Erika is kinda there. She doesn't have much going on other than flower arranging and dozing off.
Gardenia has a bit more of personality since she's scared of ghost and stuff.
Poor Ramos I even forgot he existed.
Mallow is ok, nothing special, she has a bit more development in the games and stuff but the anime made me dislike her a bit. I feel like she was sort of forced into some episodes she didn't really have any reason to appear in but whatever.
Milo is mehh, I thought the gym leaders in Sword and Shield would be a big thing in Galar because of the stadiums and dynamaxing and at least be somewhat involved in the plot like Unova's. But then there's almost no plot and the gym leaders don't do anything really, like in most other games. He's my least favorite since I really hate his design.

Mallow; I like her personality and expressiveness. After that I'd give it to Erika, whose basic concept is simple and effective, but she's surprisingly multifaceted beneath that. Her kind nature and her drowsiness have been mentioned, and HGSS reveal that she's also a bit of a gossip.

And then Ramos > Milo > Gardenia > Cilan

Erika is my favorite. I love her personality and her Pokémon choice. I also love her Pokémon in the Stadium games and TCG.

I think my answer largely depends on the criteria.

Games: Gardenia - I absolutely love DPP and the Sinnoh games, so this is largely my own bias haha. Also, she has been doing well for me in Pokémon Masters with her Roserade, so it's been an absolute ball with Gardenia. I look forward to battling her in her lovely flower clock gym in HD!

Anime: Mallow - The SM anime may come off as child-like and happy-go-lucky, but I think that one episode with Mallow and Tapu Fini that went deeper into her backstory really hit hard and I thought was a wonderful look into where she came from. She also has shown growth so much alongside her Bounsweet turned Tsareena, from the Pokémon Pancake race to even the trial with Master Oranguru. She has growth constant growth and was such a lynchpin for me in the anime.

I'd like to see her with at least one Grass/Ghost Pokemon in the Diamond/Pearl remakes, since she is shown to dislike Ghost-types, so that'd be a nice form of character development.

I would LOVE to see her and Decidueye!! I think it would be such a good point of character development too!

I think I'd have to go with Erika here. The rest aren't terribly memorable, but Erika's style sticks out to me overall.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom