• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Pool - Will you buy any version of Sword and Shield?

Will you buy any version of Sword and Shield?

• Total voters

Isaac Gravity

Drifter
Reaction score
Pre-ordered Shield (used games I planned to trade in anyway to pay off the bulk of it). Wanna see where they're going with this.

Stratelier

Reaction score
Personally, I am looking forward to playing them at some point (I already know which mascot I like better) but I will say that all the -- no, not controversy, but more like disillusionment -- has put a huge damper on it. Definitely not picking it up on release day, at least.

Rockapheller

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
Pokémon is the reason I bought a Switch for myself in the first place. I skipped Let's Go games since they are barely main series games for me and because it lacks many things I love about the games. But I am not skipping any actual main series games for whatever reason.

Getting most likely Sword, less likely Shield, and just maybe both.

SwSh feels to me like XY felt for the 3DS: experimental titles hastily released and that I won't regret not buying.
Those experimental so-to-say titles are one of my favourite games in the entire franchise, by the way. It has its own flaws but just like any other version has.

Last edited:

Felly

azure sky
Reaction score
I'll be getting Sword. I've more or less just ignored the controversy that's been happening, so I'm not going to let it stop me from buying the game.

Scruffyjay

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Those experimental so-to-say titles are one of my favourite games in the entire franchise, by the way. It has its own flaws but just like any other version has.
Yeah I loved X so much, so I expect I'll love Sword as well. Didn't like Diamond very much though, if you count that as one of those.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy Sword and Shield. I'm not gonna let the lack of a national dex or anything else turn me away from a franchise that's literally been part of my life for decades.

IncineROAR

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
I'm officially at a No for now. I think the Galarian forms put the nail in the coffin for me.

PocketMonster

#TeamSobble
Reaction score
Yeah I think I am going to get Shield. Actually I will be pretty upset if the number of new pokemon is super low. I may just have to skip some pokemon games until a region looks super interesting and then it will feel like alot of new pokemon when I finally get around to playing.
I think that is my biggest fear with SwSh is a ridiculous low number of new pokemon or a ridiculous small amount of pokemon that don't even evolve.

EmpoleonProd

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm officially at a No for now. I think the Galarian forms put the nail in the coffin for me.
That's interesting to me because Galarian forms have done the opposite for me. I was at "hard-pass" a week ago. Now I'm debating getting at least one of the games.