• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pool - Will you buy any version of Sword and Shield?

Will you buy any version of Sword and Shield?

• Total voters
there's no way I'm not buying shield. Recent information has gotten me more hyped for the game than ever. I won't buy sword, though, because the pokedex issue is still stupid as fuck and I don't wanna support game freak that much.

I don't even know how to feel about the games - the region looks amazing, and some of the new pokemon are awesome.

But I'm not really here for the continous recycling of old mon with new forms and stuff. I'm over it.

I have the original Switch and will be buying these games but maybe a few weeks after it launches when the guide is available.

I have bought pretty much every game at launch since I think BW (I had a huge hiatus before this but got to play catch up which was great) and even for games I personally didn’t enjoy, such as SM/USUM, I still bought them at launch.

I'm going to buy at least one game, most likely at or near launch. I want to buy it used, but I don't think I have that kind of patience. If I do buy the second version, which is becoming more likely, it will almost certainly be second hand.

If anyone is on the fence about getting SwSh, wanting to purchase one or both games but does not want to support GameFreak for one reason or another, you can purchase a used game. It's cheaper too.

I will decide if I will buy any version of the game after I play any potential demo.

But in whole, I'm ready to write off the entire Pokemon franchise. I'm that disgusted with the numerous contradictions GF makes with themselves.

Last edited:
Course I'm gonna get it. Why wouldn't I?

Oh wait, unappeasable fanbase.

Anyway, yes I'm getting sword.

Presently no (it is also worth noting that I don't have a Switch anymore) but I may buy GigantaSword if it ever happens. The main reason being, I don't like how it has no access to all Pokemon and Megas (Z-moves to a lesser extent) and these are things I expect to be rectified with a Giganta version. The other reason is that I'm not really feeling any of the new pokemon so far, if I had access to the older Pokemon that I like, it'll prob make things better since I can just use them.

Otherwise, I may get Sword second hand when I find a cheap copy (and a cheap switch).

I'm trying to pre-order Shield, but Amazon keeps saying there's an error with digital purchases. Is that just me, or is anyone else having that problem?

I preordered the double pack that comes with both, since I want Sword and my brother wants Shield. None of the region exclusive Pokemon or gym leaders are interesting enough to make a difference in my choice, I just think a wolf with a knife in its mouth is stupidly amusing.

If anything, I can play Shield once my brother is finished with it since the Switch supports different files for different users

What is with this thread, the comments say no, but the poll says yes.

I already have the double pack preordered since both my wife and I will both play different versions we might as well. I'm keeping an open mind, that's what I did with Let's go and I was pleasantly suprised.

What is with this thread, the comments say no, but the poll says yes.

I already have the double pack preordered since both my wife and I will both play different versions we might as well. I'm keeping an open mind, that's what I did with Let's go and I was pleasantly suprised.

Well, sometimes people just like to vote but not go into detail through a comment...:unsure:

I pre-ordered Sword today, with the intention of buying Shield later in the year (or maybe I'll go nuts and pre-ordered it on payday next week).
I'm really looking forward to playing them, but found out yesterday I am working release day Friday, plus the Saturday and Sunday (sobs) and I work 12 hour shifts so I'll be living under a rock basically from now until the Monday I can play it hahaha (still sobbing).

After thinking it over, a lot of the announcements for the games has me both hyped and disappointed. That being said, I'll still buy shield so I can experience what I do like. I'm honestly not looking for a perfect game out of this, but hopefully an enjoyable one.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom