• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pool - Will you buy any version of Sword and Shield?

Will you buy any version of Sword and Shield?

• Total voters
I am not going to spend $60 for a game that has only managed to reveal a small amount of new pokemon, an oversized wedding cake, and more regional forms which I'm vehemently against. I'm hoping for some last minute trailer drops that may motivate me to at least get one game after they are released. Otherwise, I'm waiting until next year.

I am not going to spend $60 for a game that has only managed to reveal a small amount of new pokemon, an oversized wedding cake, and more regional forms which I'm vehemently against. I'm hoping for some last minute trailer drops that may motivate me to at least get one game after they are released. Otherwise, I'm waiting until next year.
If you’d still be waiting for after the game are released, wouldn’t the opinion/review of someone you trust help you make the decision? I think it’d actually be better then a trailer, at least in knowing if the games are good or not.

About regional forms, are you against them on principle, or because they take out space for new Pokémon?

D0FB3B36-287B-4307-ABA2-001FC9040001.jpeg

does anyone know if/when we might see early reviews? I think that might help me with my decision...

does anyone know if/when we might see early reviews? I think that might help me with my decision...

There's been a few reviews of the first 90 minutes of the games released by several journals like IGN and GameInformer.

If you’d still be waiting for after the game are released, wouldn’t the opinion/review of someone you trust help you make the decision? I think it’d actually be better then a trailer, at least in knowing if the games are good or not.

Of course I'll read an opinion / review and use that in part to make an informed decision. In the past, it's usually been the trailers that entice me to get the games the day they are released. Plus, with ORAS and SM, we got demos that at least let you experience some of the game play mechanics.

About regional forms, are you against them on principle, or because they take out space for new Pokémon?

The longer and more honest answer harkens back to the "Dexit" situation and I'm not going to open Pandora's box. I was excited when regional forms were a new thing, but now it's not really that exciting.

But it seems like there have been some leaks from the games soooooo I'm going to go satisfy my thirst details on the game and maybe I will get them after all if I like something that I see.

I am still leaning towards no. I am very apathetic towards the games and I haven't seen anything exciting that makes me want to buy them. Don't care for dynamax or gigantamax and I loathe the new pokemon.
I might get them second-hand later or wait for the rehash/third version/remake whatever comes next

I'll keep my position but reinforce it: definitly NO, not even at a cheaper price, not even in a third improved version.

not even at a cheaper price, not even in a third improved version.

Maybe a third improved version at a cheaper price but damn the pokemon these time round are just kinda ugly and I only really like pokemon cause of the cuteness and the merchandising.

Leaning towards no. This entire release cycle has had me entirely apathetic. Barely anything was revealed and when it was, it was nothing I cared for.

The Pokémon designs have been bland/terrible, the Gigantamax gimmick is unnecessary to me when we already had Megas, and the region's sporty spectacle vibe doesn't appeal to me. Upon seeing the leaks, I'm still not impressed. Later, I shall peruse through reviews and better resolution images of the Pokémon, of course. But I doubt that will change my mind.

This'll probably be the first time since Gen III that I won't get the latest games on release day. I may get them later if they DO appear interesting. Otherwise, I will opt for the third version/remake/next game in the generation. [And hope with that that they at least reverse their decision to cut out old Pokémon. Because if you're not going to design any interesting new ones and rely on rehashing Kanto in the form of regional variants again, you may as well give me the choice of all the other Pokémon to fall back on.]

Maybe a third improved version at a cheaper price but damn the pokemon these time round are just kinda ugly and I only really like pokemon cause of the cuteness and the merchandising.

I just read that due to SwSh including Move Tutors, it may be a hint that there won't be a third version.
Well, I like Pkmn for other reasosn but to each his/her own. That said, I love all the merchandise that namely Japanese companies come up with. It's adorable. :bulbaLove:

Pre-ordered the dual pack. Seeing the final evolution of Scorbunny cemented my decision. :bulbaLove:

Hoping there's a third version with more Pokemon.

Honestly? What I saw in some of the leaks cemented my decision. Not paying Game Freak for these games. If my wallet is the only way to tell them that
all those cuts - specifically those specific cuts - and having as much postgame as Ruby/Sapphire
doesn't sit right with me, so be it. I hope enough follow suit so they get the message - it was enough for them to address it...and/or datamining reveals the model size argument doesn't hold.

I'll still play 'em if I get them as a gift or maybe if I find a used copy. Pains me a bit to be honest, but yeah. Would pain me more to support something that's mostly flash.

Honestly? What I saw in some of the leaks cemented my decision. Not paying Game Freak for these games. If my wallet is the only way to tell them that
all those cuts - specifically those specific cuts - and having as much postgame as Ruby/Sapphire
doesn't sit right with me, so be it. I hope enough follow suit so they get the message - it was enough for them to address it...and/or datamining reveals the model size argument doesn't hold.

I'll still play 'em if I get them as a gift or maybe if I find a used copy. Pains me a bit to be honest, but yeah. Would pain me more to support something that's mostly flash.
Given that Gamefreak doesn't really care about your feelings or anyone elses, that probably won't work ('sides, enough little kids out there are gonna buy the game it won't matter).

Given that Gamefreak doesn't really care about your feelings or anyone elses, that probably won't work ('sides, enough little kids out there are gonna buy the game it won't matter).

They cared enough when Black and White undersold Diamond and Pearl that they catered heavily to the people (note: not little kids) critical of gen 5 in X and Y.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom