• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pool - Will you buy any version of Sword and Shield?

Will you buy any version of Sword and Shield?

• Total voters
Personally, I am looking forward to playing them at some point (I already know which mascot I like better) but I will say that all the -- no, not controversy, but more like disillusionment -- has put a huge damper on it. Definitely not picking it up on release day, at least.

Pokémon is the reason I bought a Switch for myself in the first place. I skipped Let's Go games since they are barely main series games for me and because it lacks many things I love about the games. But I am not skipping any actual main series games for whatever reason.

Getting most likely Sword, less likely Shield, and just maybe both.

SwSh feels to me like XY felt for the 3DS: experimental titles hastily released and that I won't regret not buying.

Those experimental so-to-say titles are one of my favourite games in the entire franchise, by the way. It has its own flaws but just like any other version has.

Last edited:
Those experimental so-to-say titles are one of my favourite games in the entire franchise, by the way. It has its own flaws but just like any other version has.
Yeah I loved X so much, so I expect I'll love Sword as well. Didn't like Diamond very much though, if you count that as one of those.

Yeah I think I am going to get Shield. Actually I will be pretty upset if the number of new pokemon is super low. I may just have to skip some pokemon games until a region looks super interesting and then it will feel like alot of new pokemon when I finally get around to playing.
I think that is my biggest fear with SwSh is a ridiculous low number of new pokemon or a ridiculous small amount of pokemon that don't even evolve.

While I'm still disappointed by plenty of stuff about Sword and Shield; the existence of the new Galarian formes have encouraged me to at least plan on getting these games at launch. I currently lean towards Shield.

Aside from version-exclusive Gym Leaders, Corviknight and regional forms, there's not much else that's interesting to me so far. I'd rather wait for the sequel/third versions tbh, since I'd rather not spend ~£300 for a Switch and a game that I probably won't enjoy. I'll likely have a Switch by then too.

Not to mention Death Stranding comes out the week before so that's another factor.

Last edited:
Hardcore and unapologically pro National Dex. Nothing Masuda said made any sense. The fact Masuda mentioned making Pokemon more expressive despite the lack of expression really pisses me. They made tons and tons of HD models for XY but, transferring them over is giving people problems? If you don't give a crap and want to buy the games the games anyways that's cool. People buying them games used would be nice but, I'm not entilted to anything from people who don't care. I do believe paying for Bank fees entitles me to better treatment from gamefreak though.

They couldn't even be bothered do the bare minimum of making better idle animations for a couple old Pokemon to give us the illusion that we are given something in return for these malicious cuts

Yes I used the word malicious. I believe that the new policy was made from very bad motives not pure time constraints.

So no I ain't buying them until a game with National Dex is announced.

Yep. Still buying them. Have both copies already preordered and will be picking them up Day 1. The lack of full National Dex bothers me a tiny bit, but it's not like I did anything with those Pokemon that I brought over. They mostly just took up Box space anyway.

Now I have to decide what game I want to play first/be my main copy of the game? I love Zacien so much, but Allister is too cool as well. I guess I'll have to wait and see if we get any version exclusive Pokemon, and if I want to use any on my team.

These might end up being the first set of games I'll skip. At the very least, I might just buy a used copy a few months after launch. I don't really feel comfortable giving GameFreak money for these games, as they've set presidence I don't like.

Currently planning on getting Shield; although my version choice may change once we get more details on version exclusive ‘mons/Gym leaders.

I’m not thrilled with Dexit, but I enjoy the franchise. The core gameplay hasn’t changed, so I’m sure I’ll still have fun with this release.

I'm still getting Sword. I don't really care about the national dex thing that much since it doesn't have an effect on how I play.

I mean, I’m still a little salty that the option to transfer in a living ‘dex has been taken from me; one part of my enjoyment of the games is the collecting aspect. Even though items have never been transferable, I still go out of my way to have at least one of each item available in my bag every game.

But at the end of the day, I can still have a form of living ‘dex via Bank/Home, even if the option of transferring it completely to whatever current game is gone. Maybe I’m less bothered because a few years ago I lost my complete collection due to a severe emergency; I sold almost everything that wasn’t a necessity. It still stings a bit remembering all the event-only mythicals I lost lol.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom