• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Popular classmates in SM anime!

Which SM main character is the most interesting in SM anime?

• Mallow

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Lana

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Lillie

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Kiawe

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Sophocles

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
Ok, you guys, time has come. Which classmates in Pokemon School are the most interesting or popular in Sun and Moon series so far? You can cast your vote on the poll.

Last edited:
I think Lillie is the most popular because of her deuteragonist role in the main games, and how she has a different part to play in the anime, instead of following the cliche development goals for the other main characters like "I want to train to be the best >type< master!, or "Best >occupation<!".

She is also my favorite new character in the series because she has so much potential development in this series and still has a backstory yet to be told in the series.

I think Lille is popular because of her family and a lot of people like vulpix

Lillie is probably the most popular due to a combination of her role in the games and her potential storyline in the show. Based on what I've seen so far of the dub, she's the only one of the classmates to get character development thus far and she could easily get more, especially when we haven't found out about her backstory yet. As far as the other classmates go, Kiawe might be the second most popular, if only because I tend to see more people talk positive about him more than the other characters.

In terms of who I think are the most interesting, it would be Lillie and Kiawe. Lillie is interesting for the character development I already mentioned and I'm really interested in her backstory too. I'm sure her fear of Pokemon is connected to the Aether Foundation somehow. Kiawe feels kind of like the older brother of the group. Part of that could be due to how he looks/sounds a bit older than the other kids and he does have a little sister, but he also kind of fits that slightly older/wiser/responsible character of the group role. He has one of the more fleshed out personalities out of the classmates, I like his dynamic with Ash and his focus episode did a great job with fleshing out his character and making his goal more personal due to how it connects back to his family.

I agree with everyone else who's said Lillie is probably the most popular classmate. I think it's a combination of her being a prominent game character, having interesting backstory potential involving her fear, and many people considering her the "pokegirl" of the saga, moreso than Mallow and Lana.

For me, the most interesting classmates are Kiawe and Lana. I really like all of the mentions of Kiawe's family (especially his connection with his grandfather), home life, dedication to training and Z-Moves, and his reactions to certain things and situations. I think Lana is interesting because she's the first female in the cast to have a Z-Ring, and because although her personality comes across as more quiet and calm, she's been shown a lot to get involved in battles, which again is something I feel like has been slacked on when it comes to female characters.

I agree with everyone else who's said Lillie is probably the most popular classmate. I think it's a combination of her being a prominent game character, having interesting backstory potential involving her fear, and many people considering her the "pokegirl" of the saga, moreso than Mallow and Lana.

For me, the most interesting classmates are Kiawe and Lana. I really like all of the mentions of Kiawe's family (especially his connection with his grandfather), home life, dedication to training and Z-Moves, and his reactions to certain things and situations. I think Lana is interesting because she's the first female in the cast to have a Z-Ring, and because although her personality comes across as more quiet and calm, she's been shown a lot to get involved in battles, which again is something I feel like has been slacked on when it comes to female characters.
Same here with me, Kiawe and Lana are my top hits right now considering they've done some interesting stuff especially with Lana getting a Z Ring. Lillie very obviously is the popular one though as she does have some great potential.

The male characters seem kinda lackluster to me, even after 40-ish episodes.
Mallow gets featured way too much, but at least her character seems ok, barely getting my vote
That leaves Lana and Lillie, two characters who I think have developed pretty well over the last 40 episodes, and both characters have seen some development in their characters (Lana with a bit more confidence in her abilities, ep5 vs ep40, and Lillie, well she obviously can touch certain Pokemon now)

Edit: I officially changed my vote, Mallow appears way too much and thus loses my vote

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom