• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Character futures

what are characters like red doing at this time 2013

The Kanto Dexholders are probably either chilling in Pallet or out there searching for Mew and Sird. We'll probably see Red and Blue in the PWT in B2W2.

The Johto Dexholders were last seen chilling in their hometowns, with Silver going to Gold's house every day to watch the Protein Omega show. It's been a few years since HGSS ended (meaning the manga's present time in BW, not actual time since it's only been a few months since Volume 43's release). Hopefully at some point Silver got off his lazy butt to do some training with Lance and Pryce like his father suggested, training himself to stop Team Rocket as promised and also hopefully helping the Kanto Dexholders search for Sird since he was involved too.

The Hoenn Dexholders? I'm not too sure. Probably having a normal life with Ruby practicing contests, Sapphire practicing battles and Emerald (I don't think he's with the other Hoenn characters tho)...hmm...maybe they are challenging inter-regional contests/gyms/frontiers as well?

The Sinnoh Dexholders are most likely leading a normal life (for a Pokemon character) as well.

One thing that irks me is the fact that the Johto Pokédex didn't bother looking for the Creation trio in Sinnoh. Weren't they worried about the possible consequences of their release into the world? And what about Sird? Of course, chances are that Kusaka's original plan was to set the HGSS chapter after the DPPt one.

Also, why did Crys stop trying to complete the Pokédex?

Last edited:
One thing that irks me is the fact that the Johto Pokédex didn't bother looking for the Creation trio in Sinnoh. Weren't they worried about the possible consequences of their release into the world? And what about Sird? Of course, chances are that Kusaka's original plan was to set the HGSS chapter after the DPPt one.

Also, why did Crys stop trying to complete the Pokédex?

Okay, if Kusaka showed the Johto trio trying to look for the Creation trio in DPPt, then that would have completely ruined the surprise in the HGSS chapter. And everything looked fine at the end of the HGSS chapter. If Cyrus hadn't tried to use them for his evil plans, then everything would have been peachy. The HGSS chapter's ending is actually kinda similar to that of the Platinum chapter, with Dialga and Palkia flying off to the Spear Pillar and Giratina retreating into the Distortion World. And Sird will show up in due time (but I'll admit that I too am really anxious to see what became of Sird and what her next appearance will be like).

Who said Crystal stopped trying to complete the Pokedex? She probably went off into Sinnoh either before or after the HGSS chapter to gather data on Sinnoh Pokemon.

Okay, if Kusaka showed the Johto trio trying to look for the Creation trio in DPPt, then that would have completely ruined the surprise in the HGSS chapter. And everything looked fine at the end of the HGSS chapter. If Cyrus hadn't tried to use them for his evil plans, then everything would have been peachy. The HGSS chapter's ending is actually kinda similar to that of the Platinum chapter, with Dialga and Palkia flying off to the Spear Pillar and Giratina retreating into the Distortion World. And Sird will show up in due time (but I'll admit that I too am really anxious to see what became of Sird and what her next appearance will be like).
But they should have suspected that things might not stay peachy, especially after the ending of the Emerald chapter:

Prof. Oak massages his shoulders as he sighs with relief that another business has been tackled. Crys shares a grin with Smoopeon, but just then, she spots a photo of Guile Hideout among the pictures, and her mind drifts back to something unsettling that happened right before the man vanished...

As Archie crawls frantically towards the broken armour Eternal, Crys gives chase from behind, and demands to know who it was that gave him the sword and the armour. Panting to catch his breath, Archie only manages to mutter the word 'Gal' before a blinding light explodes from his body...
Kusaka not wanting to spoil the HGSS chapter doesn't excuse not following up on Crys' suspicion. Let's not forget the Platinum chapter was wrapped up long after HGSS' release. Even though Crys didn't know much of anything about Team Galactic, her concern should have grown when the Creation trio headed back to Sinnoh.

Who said Crystal stopped trying to complete the Pokedex? She probably went off into Sinnoh either before or after the HGSS chapter to gather data on Sinnoh Pokemon.
This should have been clearly stated. Kusaka certainly bothered to insert far less important continuity nods than that.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom