• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Continuations if Successful

What Third Games would YOU like to see as a Pokemon Let's Go Game

• Total voters
But still, I highly doubt that Let's Go games would use actual starters as partners.

The starters have been called partner Pokémon before, too.

If I'm not mistaken, the term partner was also used in the Pokémon Direct recently. Not to mention Pikachu is a starter due to yellow.

Starters are literally the Pokémon created to be partners. Besides, they can always allow the starter to be chosen in game and not version locked so Chicorita fans don’t lose out.

The mascots in RGB/FRLG didn't have any special roles aside from, well, being starters. I have my doubts that they would go back to that after the heavy Pikachu/Eevee promotion. They can promote the starters regardless.

they can always allow the starter to be chosen in game and not version locked so Chicorita fans don’t lose out.
Gee, thanks for not eliminating Chikorita from the game.

They wouldn't promote newness, though. You'd have to add Johto to the titles ("Let's Go to Johto, Pikachu/Eevee") just to clarify what the games are about.

Also no need to make further overpowered forms of unevolved Pokemon.
If they have a problem with that (do they really?), then they should just use Raikou and Entei as riding partners, leaving Suicune as the special member.

If they use Togepi and Marill as the mascots, then the third Poke Ball should contain a Snubbull. They're all Fairy types that were revealed in 1998 via the anime.

Clefairy was hinted to be the unused starter in LGPE, if you didn't know.

There's a reason why "Pocket Monsters 2" was just a tentative title. It didn't clarify that there were new Pokemon.

None of the suggested mascots have the ‘cool’ Pikachu’s aesthetic. All of them seem to be the cutesy type, which is a bit of an imbalance when it comes to marketing.
(Clefairy didn’t become the series mascot for similar reasons iirc).

That’s why I thought of Pikachu and Eevee, or Cyndaquil and Totodile, since all four are designed with marketability to the most demographics in mind.

I can't get on board with marketing just two starters; back in 1996 that aspect was minimal. Besides, would that entail keeping Cyndaquil and Totodile unevolved?

If they want both cool and cute, then Phanpy and Teddiursa are the way to go in my opinion. If they want just cool, then they should go all the way and use Raikou and Entei. They could keep Pikachu and Eevee as partners, but making them the mascots again would be too safe and boring.

I'm all in favor of Raikou and Entei, as long as Suicune is their leader in a way. It would be cool if Kris were linked to Suicune from a prior journey, much like N and his dragon in B2W2. The plot could be about bringing the trio together to summon Ho-Oh.

Changing the subject, HGSS are often heralded as the best remakes while LGPE are viewed as the worst. I don't necessarily agree with that, but let's look at what HGSS added to the table and see what Let's Go might keep:

1. Following Pokemon: Already included.

2. Pokewalker: Same, albeit for a stiff price. The question is if they'll add some gameplay to the tamagotchi aspect.

3. Abilities: Maybe Game Freak will concede that they aren't that different than items, which surely must be included.

4. Hoenn/Sinnoh relatives: This is a big one. If they're included, will they be obtainable during the Johto story?

5. Rematches: Included. Hopefully the system will be as simple as in LGPE.

6. Kimono Girls: They replaced the Wise Trio to begin with, and the latter were more interesting. The stalker aspect of the girls was a bit forced.

7. Rocket Executives: LGPE already characterized Archer better than HGSS did. Hopefully this will be extended to at least Ariana.

8. Pokeathlon: This seems like something that casual fans should appreciate. Maybe tone down the Apricorn aspect, much like Pokeblocks in ORAS. Make the games more Stadium-like.

9. Battle Frontier: Only the Battle Tower is likely, I guess.

10. Safari Zone: Very few people will miss this one. I guess that it will be turned into Go Park, and the Kanto one will...? I have an idea, but it's an ambitious one.

11. Embedded Tower and Sinjoh Ruins: Most likely goners.

12. GB Sounds: Why not? The files already exist, but what's the point if you can't get the item early on?

Those features seem nice, but I doubt GameFreak would include them in practice since they didn’t include any FRLG improvements.
And if Abilities and Items are added then how's Let's Go different from remakes without wild battles?

I don’t think the Hoenn and Sinnoh relatives would be included if LGPE is an indication.

The expectations might've been possible in a traditional remake, but imo it’s setting yourself up for disappointment if these are expected from GameFreak in a Let's Go Remake.

Catching, following/riding, overworld encounters and Go transfers are the main ingredients of the Let's Go games. Not the lack of items or abilities (those aren't even as notable as the limited Pokemon and moves).

I just think it would be a new low to exclude items, which were introduced in GS (the same goes for breeding, and the Battle Tower from Crystal). Not to mention that by the time these games are released, Go might very well include them to spice things up. I'm less sure about abilities.

And in LGPE's defense, the Sevii Islands were centered around Johto Pokemon and the Ruby/Sapphire quest. That wouldn't have worked in LGPE.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom