• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible dlc

Reaction score
Do you guys think we have a chance for dlc this gen? if so what could we see?

Possible extra battle tree characters
Story for necorozoma
Extra outfits (depending on outfit could be free)
Mega stones that are missing (free dlc otherwise gamefreak is being a jerk)etc

You mentioned the missing Mega Stones, but Sun/Moon has items for the Kanto starters and myriad of Legendaries. I doubt we're getting DLC for those.

And how would there be a story for Necrozma when most(?) would have captured it? In the end, you'd just get a new item to change its form with some text about it.

Also, if Gen 6 didn't get DLC, I don't see why Gen 7 should.

This isn't really a good argument against DLC. It just leads to an endless cycle like @Lufenian showed.

Not to mention in other series, past games didn't get DLC, but a current game did.

Are there really some Mega Stones missing???

if so which ones?

if so which ones?
One of them is apparently the Beedrillite, which was one of the Pokémon that desperately needed a Mega Evolution in the first place, yet I think Game Freak kept the Mega Stones for the more OP one like Garchomp. The fact that GF brought back the Kanto starter Mega Stones and not the one for Beedrill suggests that they're only bringing back the more popular Mega Stones and not the ones for those who really need it.

In truth, I am now hoping that there is going to be a DLC patch for the rest of the Mega Stones once Pokémon Bank comes out. If they didn't want to expand the Mega roster, than the least GF could do is make all of them accessible instead of then just the ones for the regional Dex or that are more marketable than the others. Either let us have everything, or jsut remove the feature because we can still see those Mega Evolutions in the Battle Tree despite not being able to get the Mega Stones for them. In my opinion, that's just as bad as when ORAS reduced the Battle Tower to a mere model that teased a Battle Frontier than Ohmori and Masuda didn't include because they didn't feel people appreciated the concept.

Game Freak, please stop teasing the fanbase with something we'll never get! It'll eventually cause you to lose sales, which none of us really want to happen!

If we were getting DLC then I imagine putting things like Marshadow in the game would be pointless. They could just add it as DLC and avoid people knowing about it before it is revealed. Plus gen 6 had features that made people assume we would get DLC like the Battle Frontier and ORAS Megas and that never materialized. If anything the Mega Stones will just be given in some future events. That's the only logically thing they could do as far as I can see.

if so which ones?

The following unobtainable Megas are Abomasnow, Aggron, Altaria, Ampharos, Audino, Banette, Beedrill, Blaziken, Camerupt, Diancie, Gallade, Gardevoir, Heracross, Houndoom, Latias, Latios, Loppunny, Manectric, Mawile, Medicham, Mewtwo X, Mewtwo Y, Pidgeot, Sceptile, Steelix, Swampert, and Tyranitar.

We'll probably get them as events or in the next game.

God I hope not. I got Moon as a present. I can't afford to buy DLC so I'd be majorly missing out...

Though I suppose I could just watch Team Four Star play the DLC eventually.

If it's free DLC, that'd be fine though.

I'm going to say I would probably only pay for DLC if there was a significant value to what you're buying. If the OP's thoughts were included in a $5 DLC pack or something, I'd buy it. They've never done DLC for Pokemon before though, so I don't know if its gonna happen or not. I think Junichi Masuda or someone actually did talk about DLC before.

I would not want this game to have any DLC that is not a free update. It's simply shady and annoying business practices.

I would not want this game to have any DLC that is not a free update. It's simply shady and annoying business practices.
DLC isn't a shady and annoying business practice. It's the practice of supplying extra content for a fee without requiring you to buy an entire new game.

It is entirely possible for them to add a new region to a game for half the cost of a new game, for example.

Do I think this will happen? No. I really don't. But I would like to see it happen. Pokemon Sun and Moon could easily have all 7 regions as expansions.

As I said, I really don't think that'll happen. At least not on the 3DS. On the Switch, maybe? Not on the 3DS.

The fact that GF brought back the Kanto starter Mega Stones and not the one for Beedrill suggests that they're only bringing back the more popular Mega Stones and not the ones for those who really need it.
To be fair Mega Stones aren't allowed in the new VGC season anyway, so Pokémon that really needed the boosted stats wouldn't have been seeing much use either way. In-game then yeah, the stones would be nice but in most scenarios you can still get by with some strategy. It is frustrating however that nearly half of them got left out, but thankfully it's likely they'll be easier to get instead of spending 64BP on them. The only downside is having to wait, though I don't necessarily mind too much.

To be fair Mega Stones aren't allowed in the new VGC season anyway, so Pokémon that really needed the boosted stats wouldn't have been seeing much use either way. In-game then yeah, the stones would be nice but in most scenarios you can still get by with some strategy. It is frustrating however that nearly half of them got left out, but thankfully it's likely they'll be easier to get instead of spending 64BP on them. The only downside is having to wait, though I don't necessarily mind too much.
The main thing I use megas for is the battle facility. Beedrill, Aggron, and Lopunny are 3 of my top-used mega-mons. All of which are not available. Now, this wouldn't be SO bad, I could certainly get by, but then... the CPUs have access to all the megas we don't. And that just pisses me off. Why does this preschooler get to use mega beedrill, but not the champion of the Alola region???

Sorry, just ranting cuz I have whole doubles strategies planned for the tree that used my favorite megas.

The following unobtainable Megas are Abomasnow, Aggron, Altaria, Ampharos, Audino, Banette, Beedrill, Blaziken, Camerupt, Diancie, Gallade, Gardevoir, Heracross, Houndoom, Latias, Latios, Loppunny, Manectric, Mawile, Medicham, Mewtwo X, Mewtwo Y, Pidgeot, Sceptile, Steelix, Swampert, and Tyranitar.

We'll probably get them as events or in the next game.

Literally all the Megas I have ever used are included in that list :(
I didn't want to use Mega Alakazam initially as it only got a 90 point boost, now they've fixed that to 100 looks like that's all I'm left with

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom