• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible dlc

One of them is apparently the Beedrillite, which was one of the Pokémon that desperately needed a Mega Evolution in the first place, yet I think Game Freak kept the Mega Stones for the more OP one like Garchomp. The fact that GF brought back the Kanto starter Mega Stones and not the one for Beedrill suggests that they're only bringing back the more popular Mega Stones and not the ones for those who really need it.

By a bizarre coincidence, the only Mega Stones that are available in SM all correspond to Pokémon that are in the Alola Pokédex, with the exception of the Kanto Starters.

To be clear, I don't think there's actually any good reason for not letting us obtain the remaining Mega Stones. But I don't think they've restricted them just because "these ones are more popular"; rather, it's that aside from the special snowflake Kanto Starters, we can't obtain those Pokémon until the Bank update anyway, and even then, all Mega Evolutions are banned from the VGCs.

Considering that Pokemon has always had DLC in the form of event pokemon and downloadable legendaries I'm fully expecting Sun and Moon to continue the tradition, especially if it's how we're going to be getting the missing mega stones.

When people say DLC, we automatically jump to thinking of paid content but this might not be the case. My little sister plays Animal Crossing New Leaf and they just had a big update she's excited about, it became amiibo compatible, new characters, new areas, new mini games, and other changes, all for free.

It could happen when Pokemon Bank updates, give you access to the National dex and Mega Stones.

When people say DLC, we automatically jump to thinking of paid content but this might not be the case. My little sister plays Animal Crossing New Leaf and they just had a big update she's excited about, it became amiibo compatible, new characters, new areas, new mini games, and other changes, all for free.
Well, I wouldn't call amiibo free :p

But that is a good point. So many people jump to correct me when I say Pokemon has always had DLC because "Yeah, but it's not paid."

There's a reason we say "paid DLC." All DLC means is downloadable content. If you want to imply that there's a fee attached call it something else or just update the abbreviation (PDLC sounds like Police Department of Lincoln City)

If we're talking about paid DLC then I doubt it, although with the removal of the National Pokedex from the games PokeBank is starting to feel like paid DLC itself. At most they might release an update to make the rest of the Mega stones available, although I think they'll more likely be given out through events instead.

By a bizarre coincidence, the only Mega Stones that are available in SM all correspond to Pokémon that are in the Alola Pokédex, with the exception of the Kanto Starters.
I don't know how that's a bizarre coincidence rather than deliberate intention...there's no reason to include Mega Stones for Pokemon you can't catch.

Perhaps the rest of the Mega Stones will unlock when Pokemon Bank gets an update to let us transfer our old Pokemon to the new games. Maybe we'll just receive them as gifts from Pokebank when we retrieve the relevant Pokemon (i.e., they get attached as held items).

DLC is always a bad idea for main series pokemon games. The games should whole and complete. Not have bits cut out and only available to get by downloading. Event pokemon is one thing but for things main story or post game? No thank you.

I don't know how that's a bizarre coincidence rather than deliberate intention...there's no reason to include Mega Stones for Pokemon you can't catch.

I was being sarcastic. :p

DLC is always a bad idea for main series pokemon games. The games should whole and complete. Not have bits cut out and only available to get by downloading. Event pokemon is one thing but for things main story or post game? No thank you.
Well not Main game stuff necessarily. DLC doesn't always mean "locked off content already made for the game that you have to buy now after the fact just because money". Like for example imagine they actually had decided that it was worth making Battle Frontier DLC for ORAS after fans asked for it.

We know now that it is not a thing that was made for the game but many wish it was in, so if it was DLC it would actually be new content made from scratch as an extra for a finished game made because of fan demand.

Another good example is all of the Sm4sh DLC.

I wouldn't mind getting the remaining Mega Stones or the National Dex but since the Bank is getting it I doubt S/M will get it.

Well not Main game stuff necessarily. DLC doesn't always mean "locked off content already made for the game that you have to buy now after the fact just because money". Like for example imagine they actually had decided that it was worth making Battle Frontier DLC for ORAS after fans asked for it.

We know now that it is not a thing that was made for the game but many wish it was in, so if it was DLC it would actually be new content made from scratch as an extra for a finished game made because of fan demand.

Another good example is all of the Sm4sh DLC.
Well, I really don't want pay more. Getting the games costs players a bit so certain content shouldn't be exclusive to DLC but this is my opinion.

Personally, if they could make DLC where you get to go to Kanto or some other region in post-game, I'd buy it.

One of my favorite things about Johto, my favorite region ever, is the fact that it's post-game is the ENTIRETY OF KANTO. You get a whole other region to play around in. That's the tightest stuff ever. It's about the time you get to the Elite Four when all your 'mons are fully evolved with at least most of their final moveset that you want them to have and the only challenge you get when your team is finally complete is five fights. Tough fights, sure, but only five. Screw that, lemme go through a whole region with my final team!

If such a thing were to happen for SM, it looks like it would be Kanto since there's a lot of talk of it and themeing with all the Alolan forms because Game Freak likes to pander to genwunners. I wouldn't mind though, I love extra regions for postgame.

If there's DLC in the sense that, for example, opens up closed spaces like the golf course and for adding the missing megas and not just the usual event pokemon...Then there's a big chance they'll just make it a free download.

I mean look at animal crossing. that opened up a whole new map and added items and nobody had to pay a cent.

And yet you have no problem with third versions? If you think games purposely have things cut out (which they don't) just to add them with DLC later, then what do you think third versions are?

And yet you have no problem with third versions? If you think games purposely have things cut out (which they don't) just to add them with DLC later, then what do you think third versions are?
Third versions are different. They focus on a different mascot and have some differences to pokemon and so on. DLC is just unnecessary in my opinion.

Third versions are different. They focus on a different mascot and have some differences to pokemon and so on. DLC is just unnecessary in my opinion.

There is literally no difference. A third version is the exact same game, with updated content. There is no difference between a third version and DLC, except the fact that DLC is usually cheaper. Third versions are literally expensive DLC. Gamefreak could easily include everything into the original two versions via DLC that they do with a third version, and have it cheaper.

There is literally no difference. A third version is the exact same game, with updated content. There is no difference between a third version and DLC, except the fact that DLC is usually cheaper. Third versions are literally expensive DLC. Gamefreak could easily include everything into the original two versions via DLC that they do with a third version, and have it cheaper.
Actually there is. A third version is a game you buy at the shops with full content. DLC is just small amounts of content you download for games. I take a full third version game over DLC any day in my opinion. Agree to disagree.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom