• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Possible New Mini Games?

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
As good as SM were, one thing they really lacked were mini-games. No Amie-like mini games in refresh and no side-activities in the vain of Contests or PokéStar Studios were present in SM, so hopefully USUM will gives us some actual mini-games this time around in order to add some fun content in what otherwise seem like dual third versions.

So, what mini games would you like to see in USUM? Do you think we might get any?

I mean, SM did have the Poké Finder. Exactly how "fun" any given player found that feature to be will vary, but it was an attempt to create a frivolous side-activity, and USUM are following suit with the Photo Club.

Personally, I dream of the day on which Funfest Missions are resurrected. Festival Plaza's "missions" are a bad joke by comparison.

I mean, SM did have the Poké Finder. Exactly how "fun" any given player found that feature to be will vary, but it was an attempt to create a frivolous side-activity, and USUM are following suit with the Photo Club.
Not gonna lie, I actually enjoyed the Poké Finder initially. I just wish there were more functions on it and actual missions related to getting a certain Pokémon on camera, kind of like a Pokémon Snap situation. Maybe USUM will remedy that?

Personally, I dream of the day on which Funfest Missions are resurrected. Festival Plaza's "missions" are a bad joke by comparison.
Yeah, the Festival Plaza missions were a little lackluster. There was one good mission though: the one where you ride Tauros and smash rocks. Other than that, Game Freak really could've done better. I blame mobile games for the lackluster stuff more than anything else though.

This is the one thing I'm holding out for. The side content's what keeps me playing long after I finish the story and post-game plots.

I could see see surfing races be a thing; make use of the surfboards and surfers, or you could race on ride Pokemon. But honestly, I'd love something that let you utilize your own Pokemon.

I hope they make the trials legit mini games. Like incorporate Cooking Mama into Mallow's trial and make Lana's trial some puzzle bubble game or something.

Ooh, that'd be a great idea!

The minigame from Mallow's Trial could have us create PokeBeans and other things - Malasada, Fresh Water/Lemonade/MooMoo Milk/etc.

The one for Lana's Trial could have us obtaining items such as Bottle Caps, Heart Scales, and whatever other items it is we can fish up.

Kiawe's Trial, if it's still there, can be an actual spot the difference minigame. More differences to spot.

I hope there's a golf course mini game, since the golf course was locked in SM, you'll be able to participate in a mini game. I hope we get Pokemon Contest back too, along with something that'll replace the Festival Plaza, and we now the Battle Royale will return, I just hope it'll something like the Battle Frontier, so you can play offline, but give the option to offline or online with friends.

All I want is something fun to do on the side that your Pokemon can actually win at. I never used Poke Finder unless I was painfully bored and it gets irritating when you can't control what the Pokemon is doing and have to endlessly wait until it does something that allows you to get a high score.

Even making PR Videos was more fun than that (which seems to be what USUM is trying to recreate, so I may end up enjoying it; we'll see) but the main point is, something fun that I can control and win at. It can honestly be anything as long as it's more fun than Musicals and taking pictures. Those surfboards in the trailer look like they could have potential. I'd kill to see your player surfing on those~

The Funfest missions were a blast. I enjoyed attending events just to participate in the 1000-Participants Challenge. Not to mention Join Avenue becoming crowded with visitors XD

Festival Plaza has room to improve, so I do hope they bring back something similar to the Gen5 player interactions

Those beachside tents could have PokeRide races, either for sea or land. Some are obviously for the sea, like the Mantine one on Route 2, but some are close enough to the land to have something else besides surf competitions. In general, if they somehow work Pokeride into a Pokeathlon style competition throughout the overworld, that would be a great surprise and offer excellent incentive to buy the games.
@Esserise
The Pokefinder could have been a neat sidequest, but instead they made those buildings into a silly selfie mode. Its a great feature for the younger audience, sure, but they could have been some sort of Pokefinder club with upgrades, photo quests and perhaps some medals as well.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom