• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible new Wii Pokemon game

DoctorWhy

Long Lost Member
Reaction score
As many of you may have already seen the news, there is going to be a new wii pokemon game (not completely confirmed) that will be compatible with Black and White and any other 5th gen games in the furure; and similar to Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Discuss what you think this game may be. Possibly a sequel or prequel to the Orre region games. Or maybe a completely new story? Discuss! :spin:

I wonder if it will be a new region... I remeber seeing a clip for it somewhere a long time ago... However, I think it will be B.R 2.

link
I'd really like to return to Orre and see more Shadow Pokemon. I'm hoping it's a sequel, since I don't think Shadow Pokemon existed before Cipher teamed up with Team Snagem.

The rumor is that this game is going to have a full story and catching pokemon and stuff. Sounds more like Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. But there will still probably be a way to battle on Wi-Fi. :)

Dear lord, I hope it is an Orre game. Orre is by far my favorite region (the darker and grittier aspect really works with me). I don't particularly mind if it's a prequel or sequel (although my money is on the second). What I really want is a more open storyline, less linear-ness in it (despite the fact that this is a Pokemon game, where linear is expected). If they take lessons from the success of the Ranger games, and make this not only much more story-line driven, I'd be happy. Also, I would enjoy it if they have less huge dungeons with 30 trainers to fight through, and more shorter areas to clear. They get boring after a while, and feel like being you're being filibustered before getting to the actual fun and interesting stuff. And not every dungeon has to be a place that you've never visited before. Also, Not just double battles. Occasional single battles would be refreshing, as well as triple and rotational battles. I know Orre is focused on multi-pokemon battles, but switching it up some of the time is fun, and makes you think more. On that, tag battles with NPCs would also be refreshing, like the stat-trainers in DPPt.

Story-line, I don't particularly care what it is, as long as it is engaging and drives the gameplay (and isn't motivated by the desire to be able to progress in the gameplay). I have my own idea for a story-line, sort-of, if anyone wants to hear, but I'm sure I'll be at least OK with whatever they come up with. They have gotten better at it, by now. (compare RBE to BW).

EDIT: 11 minutes to write this, and 5 people ninja me. It's what I get, I suppose.

It's still just a rumor. The person who "leaked" it wasn't a nintendo employee, just a person for a company making accessories. It's still possible he slipped it out, but it's a rumor until confirmed.

*For the sake of this post, I'm assuming it's true, against my better judgement*

Well, I wonder if by "Like Gale of Darkness", the representative meant the Shadow Pokémon plot, or that it simply had a story mode? The Cipher/Snagem plot was 2 generations ago, I doubt the current main fanbase would remember them, so I'd be content if Shadow Pokémon don't return.

What I would like to see though, is a more fleshed out adventure. Being on the Wii, there are numerous control options. Obviously, to fit the gameplay of previous games, the Classic Controller would be the ideal controller for them to use (or Wii Remote w/ Nunchuk).

As for the Battle Simulator part; I'd want it to be compatible with DPtHGSSBW. I can see this being possible as the DS consoles are only used as controllers, so it doesn't matter if Generation V Pokémon aren't programmed into Generation IV games. All they have to do, is if they have PokéCoupon rewards, they give you the option of sending them to Generation IV or Generation V; limiting the Gen V items to Generation V.

And please, if the third version is going to have any new formes or whatever, include them in this game...or at least allow it to receive Downloadable Content so it can be updated...

I only really played Colloseum, and that game was so painfully linear and devoid of variety and exploration that it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I don't know if Gale Of Darkness was an improvement in those regards, but if they really are going to make another game borrowing elements from those two, I hope they make it feel less like you're just going from one trainer to the other over and over.

Gale of Darkness was pretty linear too. I guess what those two needed was more side-quests.

I also like the suggestion that Gen V Pokémon you receive in this game receive their Hidden Abilities. Like maybe, once you complete a Mt. Battle-esque side-quest you get a choice of Perversity Snivy, Thick Fat Tepig and Shell Armour Oshawott. Although to be honest, the only Gen V Pokémon with good Hidden Abilities not yet available (as in, Musharna and Darmanitan) are the starters, monkey trio, Gochirizeru-line, Ranculus-line, Swana-line, Mebukijika-line, Morobareru-line, Shandera-line and Tsunbear.

Main thing I wish for, is for it to make Baruchai and Barujina available...if you don't Black, you can't get it T_T (In Black, you can see Wargle!). Also, Voltolos and Tornelos, for the version you didn't get.

If the whole Shadow Pokemon concept were to come back, I'd say that a Shadow Pokemon should come from Gen III, like Shadow Rayquaza, or something...

Well, aside from the legendary Pokémon, lots of Generation III Pokémon can be found in Black and White. If they do use Shadow Pokémon again though, it would make sense for one of the legendary trios to be catchable (Colosseum had Beasts, XD had birds); the Regis make the most sense (As they're only available in Generation IV by event, unlike the Pixies). Maybe they can make an XD002 Regigigas awesome by giving it Skill Swap? xD

Even if it is just a leak, the idea of a Wii game to go along with BW isn't something far-fetched. Whether it's like XD or not it's still likely in some form. For whenever another console game does come out, I truly hope it has a story to it and isn't just so people can battle their pokemon with shitty 3D pokemon models.

If this rumour does turn out to be true, then really... wow. I wouldn't be surprised on the basis of there being a new console Pokemon game, but rather that we finally get a third in the series of Orre adventures.

Colosseum and XD were by no means absolute gems, but despite their deficiencies and linear premise, they had a certain gritty charm about them due to their 'darker' plot in comparison to the handheld games, and not to mention that the characters and environments were so full of personality due to being rendered in full 3D. I was very disappointed with PBR, especially given its early promise in beta trailers, so i'm hoping that Genius Sonority will bounce back to form with this currently hypothetical Gale Of Darkness styled game while also ironing out many of Colosseum/XD's faults.

If this game aims to give focus to Triple/Rotational battles as its predecessors brought Double Battles to the fold more, I have two theories about starters given out. While I haven't followed B/W coverage too closely, I understand that every Pokemon species has an extra ability which can be unlocked via the Dream World. I'm thinking that with this in mind, the player could receive either BW's most notable trio of Pokemon - Pansage, Pansear and Panpour, or follow in the vein of previous Orre games and be given the three original Eeveelutions.

I kinda wonder what the starter pokemon would be, assuming that you get one. Colo: Espeon and Umbreon XD: Eevee. I bet you'll get to choose one of the Unova or Hoenn starters, or possibly pikachu. idk

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom