• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Pokémon lost media (iQUE gba)

6Kyojin4

Reaction score
Hello lost media forums, I would like your help in a minor investigation of mine into cancelled iQUE(nintendo china) game releases.

When investagting I came across this chinese article called "GBA中文游戏全集" in te article is a image of what appears to be a Simpl. Chinese logo for Pokemon Emerald saying 宠物小精灵: 绿宝石

The text accompanying the image says the release was cancelled due to censorship issues, but so far I have found very little info on this cancelled release or where this image came from.

Can you help me verify whether this is real or a hoax?

2cf5e0fe9925bc315dd6a73f58df8db1ca137089.jpg

EDIT: I found an additional article with the same image in a bigger resolution. Under the image it had the caption 当年的国行PM,可惜未过审 [The version back then, did not pass inspection (by cultural bureau)].

This is fake--one of the big giveaways is that they were no longer using 宠物小精灵 in Mainland China at that point in time. By 2004-2005, they were already using 神奇宝贝 in Mainland China. There were also some leaks regarding a Pokémon MMO from the Nintendo/iQue leaks few years back, but nothing regarding something like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom