• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible reasons for the Kalos League finale

There was no conspiracy or rigging of any kind. Ash lost and that is that. Alain won't hand over the trophy and title. The two might battle again but I doubt it. The writers do care when it comes to writing arcs/episode. Ash lost because it is the status quo of the show. Also it is a good way to keep Ash on his journey in my opinion.

I'll be wary of saying there is no conspiracy when not everything is revealed. Suffice to say, the preview Lysandre is battling Ash's entire team and Alain's Charizard alone. There would be no tension from this battle unless Lysandre knows something we do not.

I'll be wary of saying there is no conspiracy when not everything is revealed. Suffice to say, the preview Lysandre is battling Ash's entire team and Alain's Charizard alone. There would be no tension from this battle unless Lysandre knows something we do not.
There is nothing to reveal about the league. What happened after the league is irrelevant to the league. Not going to argue about this again.

There is nothing to reveal about the league. What happened after the league is irrelevant to the league. Not going to argue about this again.

Nothing yet. We still have some unanswered questions during this arc. Just saying, always be aware of various pathways and options that could happen.

After watching first episode of team flare arc, I think the writers really have got potential of making such complex rigging stories. So, we can't say anything right now.

After watching first episode of team flare arc, I think the writers really have got potential of making such complex rigging stories. So, we can't say anything right now.
The league was legit and Alain won legitimately. Pointless to discredit Alain with any kind of reason.

Speculating that somehow it was rigged is just a way of not accepting what happened at the league. Ash lost and Alain didn't cheat by any means.

Like Goodra returning to Ash's team after being released? Long before Goodra was confirmed to be released in the swamps, I speculated that if Goodra were to ever be released, it will come back just in time for the League. It was not based on any evidence, only a feeling and suspicion I had based on story convention. To me, it would be a waste for the anime to dedicate an entire arc to Goodra (and having it greatly contribute Ash's victory at the Lumoise Gym) only to drop it after the swamplands and never mention it again. In the end, my suspicion was correct. Goodra did indeed return for the League as Ash's sixth Pokémon.

If I had said this before that info was confirmed, people would say I am in denial that Goodra was released back into the swamps. So what does that mean for Ash vs Alain?

Do not automatically assume everything is resolved. For now, we are waiting for the next episode to find any new evidence for or against the rigged theory. I don't put stock into that theory, but I can see a good possibility of that happening.

Like Goodra returning to Ash's team after being released? Long before Goodra was confirmed to be released in the swamps, I speculated that if Goodra were to ever be released, it will come back just in time for the League. It was not based on any evidence, only a feeling and suspicion I had based on story convention. To me, it would be a waste for the anime to dedicate an entire arc to Goodra (and having it greatly contribute Ash's victory at the Lumoise Gym) only to drop it after the swamplands and never mention it again. In the end, my suspicion was correct. Goodra did indeed return for the League as Ash's sixth Pokémon.

If I had said this before that info was confirmed, people would say I am in denial that Goodra was released back into the swamps. So what does that mean for Ash vs Alain?

Do not automatically assume everything is resolved. For now, we are waiting for the next episode to find any new evidence for or against the rigged theory. I don't put stock into that theory, but I can see a good possibility of that happening.
Goodra is probably getting released again after the team flare arc. Also Team Flare has no reason to rig the match as they are attacking the whole city and region so that would be pointless. Why rig one particular area if you are going to destroy the whole city/region straight after the league? Makes no sense.

Goodra is probably getting released again after the team flare arc. Also Team Flare has no reason to rig the match as they are attacking the whole city and region so that would be pointless. Why rig one particular area if you are going to destroy the whole city/region straight after the league? Makes no sense.

No one is saying Goodra won't be released again. But I recall many people were stating that Goodra will never return despite increasing evidences pointing toward its return for the League.

Plus, I can think of a few good reasons why Flare would rig the match. The most obvious reason is using Alain as a test subject for Mega Evolution energy power-up. If a Mega Charizard X beefed up by the Mega Evolution energy can endure a killer blow from an Ash-Greninja, imagine what that energy could do for a Mega Gyarados facing off an entire team of Ash's plus Mega Charizard X. This is all speculations mind you, not evidence.

No one is saying Goodra won't be released again. But I recall many people were stating that Goodra will never return despite increasing evidences pointing toward its return for the League.

Plus, I can think of a few good reasons why Flare would rig the match. The most obvious reason is using Alain as a test subject for Mega Evolution energy power-up. If a Mega Charizard X beefed up by the Mega Evolution energy can endure a killer blow from an Ash-Greninja, imagine what that energy could do for a Mega Gyarados facing off an entire team of Ash's plus Mega Charizard X. This is all speculations mind you, not evidence.
I still don't think the league and team flare arc is connected in anyway. Those two things should be kept separate from each. Alain would not have use any kind of energy power up after mega evolving Charizard so I think that rules that out.

Oh, the League and Team Flare are linked. They overlapped with one another. And we even learn that Team Flare sponsored the League. Regardless of the rigged theory or not, it's difficult to prove that the League and the Flare arcs are not connected considering that the League ended with a Team Flare cliffhanger instead of a proper resolution.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom