• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible reasons for the Kalos League finale

Keshav

Reaction score
The possible reason I can think of is:-
the battle actually was setup as Ash's victory but the writers couldn't figure out how exactly will they handle the elite four matches while also doing the flare arc in such a short time as the anime is just for the promotion of the games and SM's real is near.

Post what you guys think!

the battle actually was setup as Ash's victory but the writers couldn't figure out how exactly will they handle the elite four matches while also doing the flare arc in such a short time as the anime is just for the promotion of the games and SM's real is near.

To make Ash's victory against Alain even sweeter. Apparently, Alain didn't side against Team Flare but remained with them. Heck, I heard he was the one who betrayed Ash to Lysandre. Considering his role in Team Flare and the fact that he still hadn't learned his lesson, I say Ash is going to have at least one more rematch to settle a few scores.

As someone pointed out in the review thread, Manon was probably the driving factor behind Alain's victory. His motivation to protect someone he deeply cares, even if going about it the wrong way, might have put him on top. In contrast, we do not see a similar motivation from Ash. It actually reminds me of the outcome of the Autumn Election finals in Shokugeki no Souma. Souma lost to Hayama and he asked to taste his rival's dish. He realized that Hayama's dish had something that his lacked, which was cooking for someone he cares for. That isn't to say I agree with Ash's loss, though :p

There is no acceptable excuse for why Ash lost again. Mega Charizard X should not have been standing after the damage taken from Pikachu and the attacks it took from Ash-Greninja, especially the mega Water Shuriken of Death. I don't care what anyone says. There's no reason why he should have lost and whatever reason the writers has is no good reason. This was Ash in his prime, yet Charizard was just too OP.

I have some possible Ideas for Ash to have won:

1. Have Ash Win the League and then Challenge 1 of the Elite 4 and lose
2. Before Ash is Given the Trophy and then even moves on to challenge the 1st of the elite 4, Team Flare Interrupts, and He'd Need to o to Alola after Defeating Team Flare in the mean time after the Mess from the Battle to save the World from Lysandre is all Cleaned Up.

SERIOUSLY, IT L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y CANNOT BE T-H-A-T HARD TO COME UP WITH A WAY FOR HIM TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no acceptable excuse for why Ash lost again. Mega Charizard X should not have been standing after the damage taken from Pikachu and the attacks it took from Ash-Greninja, especially the mega Water Shuriken of Death. I don't care what anyone says. There's no reason why he should have lost and whatever reason the writers has is no good reason. This was Ash in his prime, yet Charizard was just too OP.
There is an acceptable excuse for why he lost. Ash lost because the writers wanted him to and because it is part of the status quo. Ash was getting too OP so Alain had to put him in his place in my opinion. Ash losing is no big deal and it is not the end of the series or world in my opinion. Alain was clearly better than Ash and that is that in my opinion.

There is an acceptable excuse for why he lost. Ash lost because the writers wanted him to and because it is part of the status quo. Ash was getting too OP so Alain had to put him in his place in my opinion. Ash losing is no big deal and it is not the end of the series or world in my opinion. Alain was clearly better than Ash and that is that in my opinion.

Like unwittingly helping Team Flare destroy Lumoise City. What a great champion he is. I'm sure he's taking that news well when he lets Ash be kidnapped and used a battery for Lysandre's project. I'm going to say that champion title he bears has been disgraced and shamed.

Better give it up Alain. You ain't no champion after what you have done.

I'm going to ask that you stop quoting me

Like unwittingly helping Team Flare destroy Lumoise City. What a great champion he is. I'm sure he's taking that news well when he lets Ash be kidnapped and used a battery for Lysandre's project. I'm going to say that champion title he bears has been disgraced and shamed.

Better give it up Alain. You ain't no champion after what you have done.
Wrong. Once Alain realize what Lysandre is doing and done, he would side with Ash and friends and attempt to redeem himself by stopping Lysandre and Teamd Flare. Alain deserves the title whether others like it or not in my opinion.

I'm going to ask that you stop quoting me
Why? What did I do? All I did was explain why Ash lost.

Wrong. Once Alain realize what Lysandre is doing and done, he would side with Ash and friends and attempt to redeem himself by stopping Lysandre and Teamd Flare. Alain deserves the title whether others like it or not in my opinion.

Why? What did I do? All I did was explain why Ash lost.

Doesn't look it. Seems like he's staying with Team Flare. That or he seems too busy moping around the fact that he messed up big time. It's his fault. No more, no less. And his entire goal was all a lie for Lysandre to manipulate and control. He's going to have to reconsider who is the better of the two.

Doesn't look it. Seems like he's staying with Team Flare. That or he seems too busy moping around the fact that he messed up big time. It's his fault. No more, no less. And his entire goal was all a lie for Lysandre to manipulate and control. He's going to have to reconsider who is the better of the two.
It wasn't his fault. Anyone could have been tricked. Alain is not the villain that people make him out to be. The overreaction of Ash losing needs to stop. Whats done is done and this is how the writers choose to end the league. Deal with it.

It wasn't his fault. Anyone could have been tricked. Alain is not the villain that people make him out to be. The overreaction of Ash losing needs to stop. Whats done is done and this is how the writers choose to end the league. Deal with it.

Alain blames himself for many things. This little mistake will be the one that haunts him for the rest of his days. And the viewers can see it. From Day One, he always a pawn of Team Flare. And now there must be consequences for his actions, since he was the one who help captured Z2 and was the one who gathered Mega Evolution Energy to Lysandre. Face it, Alain is what I have always said. A naive fool who needs real guidance from a trainer that knows.

And if Alain is going to blame himself, why wouldn't he considered revoking his very own title?

Alain blames himself for many things. This little mistake will be the one that haunts him for the rest of his days. And the viewers can see it. From Day One, he always a pawn of Team Flare. And now there must be consequences for his actions, since he was the one who help captured Z2 and was the one who gathered Mega Evolution Energy to Lysandre. Face it, Alain is what I have always said. A naive fool who needs real guidance from a trainer that knows.

And if Alain is going to blame himself, why wouldn't he considered revoking his very own title?
I am getting sick of the attitude of the latest episode. People here having a go at me for stating my opinion and swearing at writers and at Ash for not winning. Ash lost, big deal! We have seen him lose before. Alain has earned the win and title and that is the end of it. I don't appreciate the attitude towards me or to the show.

I am getting sick of the attitude of the latest episode. People here having a go at me for stating my opinion and swearing at writers and at Ash for not winning. Ash lost, big deal! We have seen him lose before. Alain has earned the win and title and that is the end of it. I don't appreciate the attitude towards me or to the show.

Oh my distaste of Alain comes from his foolish following of Team Flare (that requires humiliation conga) rather than him actually winning. I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the fact that I consider Alain to be unfit as a champion in terms of his attitude and his participation of Flare crimes. He needs to see exactly what Team Flare stands for and what they do to folks like Ash.

And really, don't take it too personally. I only want to see Alain get a taste of his own medicine. And revoke his title out of shame. :p

i think i had a feeling why he lose and it is the color of the shuriken last time when he use it against shota was more light blue like ice and this looked more hot like fire

I don't think it has anything to do with the Elite 4 or Champions League, but more like the writers don't want any protagonist to win anything that'd most likely finish their goal. I know winning a league isn't Satoshi's Pokemon Master's finishing move per say, or rather I should say I think so.

Remembering what Shudou said a few years ago that beating a league'd mean the series'd be over and this Pokemon Master ambiguous thing, I believe they can pull off anything they want to make Satoshi accomplish this.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Elite 4 or Champions League, but more like the writers don't want any protagonist to win anything that'd most likely finish their goal. I know winning a league isn't Satoshi's Pokemon Master's finishing move per say, or rather I should say I think so.

Remembering what Shudou said a few years ago that beating a league'd mean the series'd be over and this Pokemon Master ambiguous thing, I believe they can pull off anything they want to make Satoshi accomplish this.
But THAT'S STUPID; There's NO way just winning 1 Single League in 1 Single In-game Region is all it takes to become a Pokemon Master NOR would winning end the Show; THAT'S TOO SIMPLE; AND THERE'S GOT TO BE MORE THAN T-H-A-T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Laziness, and an overall STUPID Sharpedo-Jumping Status Quo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They Could VERY WELL Just have him move onto the Elite 4 and have him lose there and Still be able to continue the Show ontowards Alola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom