• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Remakes in the 5th generation

I wish there weren't any remakes at all in Generation V. I would like it, however, if they used the old regions with drastic changes. New storyline, new geographical features with a route revamp, and inclusion of new Pokemon. I don't what to get caught up in some remake cycle from hell, so if we have remakes, I hope they're fresh.

I predict that R/S/E will be remade in Gen V.

R/S/E don't need to be remade. I think we'll be able to explore Hoenn after the new region's story is finished. It's the only thing that makes sense. A Hoenn remake just doesn't seem viable when factoring in continuity & the fact that Gen III also contained remakes of R/B/Y. Gen V being a Hoenn sequel makes much more sense to me. It would advance the Hoenn story & make the Gen V games all the more great. They don't need to rehash old regions as some in this thread have suggested, that would be repetitive. Do you honestly want them to make a game where you play through Hoenn & only Hoenn again with at most some minor to moderate changes? The whole idea of a Hoenn remake just doesn't sit right with me.

I just want to go back to Hoenn...poor Hoenn...the only region not in 3-D. Also I love the cities there...the most unique to me are fortree, sootopolis, pacifidlog, and fallabor
If they did make a RS remake/game in Hoenn would there be a return of pokeblocks or would it use poffins/new Gen V contest stat food

Personally, I don't think they should make remakes, especially of RSE.

See, they had a reason to remake R/G in Gen. III because the only way to play them in full was on the outdated Game Boy, and G/S with the whole battery dieing thing.

Yes, RSE is the only games to have it's region not rendered in 3D, Sinnoh had it in DPPt, Johto and Kanto in HGSS. But, you must remember, RG and GSC were outdated compared to the current games at the time.

Will RSE be really outdated by the time Gen V comes along? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, they don't need a remake, as they don't have a reason to make one.

as much as i wasnt really a fan of hoenn, i gotta say i wouldn't mind seeing it remade.

i really like the idea of going through a previous region with a different storyline (like from a different character). especially if they didn't make you start in the usual starter town, like if you started in goldenrod city rather than newbark town.

also, why not make one game with every region available to be playable in succession. as in you would go from kanto to johto to hoenn to sinnoh, and then to whatever the gen 5 region is. considering the other aspects of the 3DS, i doubt that size would be much of an issue. this would probably have to come after the gen5 games, however, considering they would probably want everyone focusing on that for a while. That, or maybe you can start at the gen5 region and work your way backwards.

also, why not make one game with every region available to be playable in succession. as in you would go from kanto to johto to hoenn to sinnoh, and then to whatever the gen 5 region is. considering the other aspects of the 3DS, i doubt that size would be much of an issue. this would probably have to come after the gen5 games, however, considering they would probably want everyone focusing on that for a while. That, or maybe you can start at the gen5 region and work your way backwards.

Much as I like this idea (and I really do), it's about as likely to happen as Ash having on-screen sex with Pikachu in the anime. That said, a series of three games, one exploring the new region, one exploring Kanto and Johto (NOT an HGSS remake) and one exploring Hoenn and Sinnoh (or something along those lines) would be very welcome in my opinion. Or maybe they can explore Johto and Hoenn in one game and Kanto and Sinnoh in the other... or something.

Why would you have to? With remakes of Hoenn, Gen V region and Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh in Gen IV, you have all regions, and you get different stories tied to each region instead of taking FOREVER to get through all regions in one game. Also it would mean more money this way if your buying seperate games with each region on them

I really hope we don't get a RSE remake this generation. Even if the GBA slot is "dead" we don't really need one yet, as to me it seems a bit early. A new story would be nice, maybe do a Honnen and Sevei Island combination.

envoy: i know it's not likely at all to happen, i was just saying it would be nice.

shinx: that way you wouldn't have to buy a million games if you wanted to play each region. also, you would no longer to have to rely on trading to get half of the pokemon you like. my team is comprised of pokemon from each generation, but not all of them are in the same regional pokedex. therefore i have to trade to get some of the ones i want, and i have to get the national dex before i can even do that. i know it's not going to happen (especially considering they WANT people to buy more than one game) but i was just saying it would be handy. sure it would be longer, but who cares? final fantasy is super long and no one complains. most RPGs are pretty damn long.

Some people are saying we don't need RS remakes, cos we can already get the hoenn pokemon anyway. But wasn't that the same thing with the GS remakes?

And look at the pattern:

Gen I: RBY
Gen II: GSC
Gen III: RSE, plus RBY remakes
Gen IV: DPPt, plus GSC remakes
Gen V: ???, plus, obviously RSE remakes

as much as i wasnt really a fan of hoenn, i gotta say i wouldn't mind seeing it remade.

i really like the idea of going through a previous region with a different storyline (like from a different character). especially if they didn't make you start in the usual starter town, like if you started in goldenrod city rather than newbark town.

i love that idea however as people have said both in this forums and others this comes up in 1 game=little money but big game=a lot of money .

in my opinion they should make games with 2 saves one for the normal story, and one that's only for continuing on from another game cart as in you link (ill use ruby and pearl as examples though it would have to be the next gen and whatever or remakes of ruby/pearl) after playing through ruby in the continuation mode you are allowed to move all the Pokemon over to the pearl continuation mode and keep working through a modified version of pearl. in my opinion this would be the best way for us to have all the regions in 1 continuous story but GF to still make the money on it.
this would lead to problems like needing some way to fix the level curve and how it would transfer the Pokemon however i think GF could come up with a clever(or not so clever, hopefully the latter) solution that is part of their job if they do this.

back on the topic i agree with the idea of a new story but not remakes as far as that goes i surly don't want to get 10 remakes for every non-remake and plus after a while they would need to make 2 remakes at a time, then 3 at a time, then 4 at a time due to hgss and dppt becoming out of date in gen 6 unless they decide to make only a single remake of each witch i find doubtful if they keep making remakes 2 generations behind.

Last edited:

Some people are saying we don't need RS remakes, cos we can already get the hoenn pokemon anyway. But wasn't that the same thing with the GS remakes?

And look at the pattern:

Gen I: RBY
Gen II: GSC
Gen III: RSE, plus RBY remakes
Gen IV: DPPt, plus GSC remakes
Gen V: ???, plus, obviously RSE remakes

You can't really something a pattern until it has occurred a minimum of three times. So IF we see R/S remakes, then yes, a pattern will be there to support evidence for a Gen IV remake for Gen VI.

I don't see the point.

FR/LG and HG/SS were for compatibility. So you could connect and trade any region's Pokemon with another region's Pokemon.

Another remake doesn't make sense. They should just make a way that we can two-way trade between FRLG/RSE and DPPt/HGSS.

I don't see the point.

FR/LG and HG/SS were for compatibility. So you could connect and trade any region's Pokemon with another region's Pokemon.

Another remake doesn't make sense. They should just make a way that we can two-way trade between FRLG/RSE and DPPt/HGSS.

HG/SS were not for compatibility, all of the Johto Pokémon were already accessible in Gen IV.

HG/SS were not for compatibility, all of the Johto Pokémon were already accessible in Gen IV.

Not the starters or legendaries really there were actually quite a few you could not get (i know there were the GC games where you could get the legends and evos of the starters but that was more for gen 3)

Not the starters or legendaries really there were actually quite a few you could not get (i know there were the GC games where you could get the legends and evos of the starters but that was more for gen 3)

But they were still accessible, in Gen III before FR/LG there was absolutely no way at all to access most of the first 251 Pokémon without hacking them. This was not the case for Gen IV, where it was entirely possible for a player to fill their Pokédex before HG/SS.

But they were still accessible, in Gen III before FR/LG there was absolutely no way at all to access most of the first 251 Pokémon without hacking them. This was not the case for Gen IV, where it was entirely possible for a player to fill their Pokédex before HG/SS.

i suppose so... i just dont want the remakes i guess oh well...ill probably get one of them if they come out but i dont want one just yet...its at the bottom of my wants list

They'll remake Ruby and Saphirre. In Gen 3, they remade Gen 1. In Gen 4, they remade Gen 2. In Gen 5, they'll remake Gen 3. Get it? Each Gen remakes the main game from 2 Gens before. Gen 1 and 2 couldn't do thid, of course, because there is no Gen 2 below either of them.

According to a basic rule of science, 3 trails is the bare minimum for acuracy.

If that aplies here, there's no telling if Hoenn will make it to GV. If it does, though, expect DP remakes in GVI of that ever unfolds.

They'll remake Ruby and Saphirre. In Gen 3, they remade Gen 1. In Gen 4, they remade Gen 2. In Gen 5, they'll remake Gen 3. Get it? Each Gen remakes the main game from 2 Gens before. Gen 1 and 2 couldn't do thid, of course, because there is no Gen 2 below either of them.

Y'know, this is the argument that everyone gives in favor of Gen III remakes. But how many times must it be said that two points make a line, not a pattern?

If Gen V does have Hoenn remakes, then yes, there will be evidence to support an eventual DP remake in Gen VI. Until then however, nothing is certain.

I believe that FrLg and HGSS where remade because the originals have become 100% obsolete with the introduction of Gen III. As it stands, this isn't the case with Hoenn, and if it is, it will also be the case with FrLg... again. Do you really want an endless stream of remakes? Each Generation lasting much longer than the last (Main games, remakes of RS/DP, re-remakes of RB/GS)? People are complaining that Gen IV lasted too long as it is.

Don't get me wrong, Hoenn in Gen V would be fantastic. I just don't want it in remake form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom