• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally as long as their compatible they wont remake them is wat i think

i think if anything gets remade it should be yellow crystal and maybe that jp-blue version we never got

BW and RS aren't compatible. They can only indirectly interact.

The Japanese Blue we "never" got is the Red and Blue version we did get considering that it used Blue's art file and the last dungeon. The differences aren't even that big to begin with, and HgSs brought in Crystal elements of the game.

I don't see how it is that you think RSE won't be remade when the basic Yellow plot was in FrLg, except with a Pikachu and Team Rocket and a plot that won't be relevant to today's new fans, or Crystal, part of a set of games that were remade in the previous generation and had parts of it included, yet a game two generations ago won't be remade. In fact, a Yellow remake would essentially just be a Gen I remake which was done in the same generation as RS, yet deserves a remake more?

What, they deserve to be remade because they're older with one or two plot changes, while RS doesn't despite being an entirely different story? Yeah.

That map didn't show the entire region, but it was clear that there was more to Sinnoh from the way the map was cut off.
But until the game came out, nobody knew for sure.

Luckily, I don't need to imagine it. It doesn't show all the things each city has to offer, but it gives us the right idea of Kanto's vastness.
This only proves my point. If all we had to base Kanto on was this map, we would have a completely wrong idea of how the region was in-game.

Since we know for a fact that the Isshu map is in the habit of removing houses, the map we have now is giving us a misleading image of Isshu.

This only proves my point. If all we had to base Kanto on was this map, we would have a completely wrong idea of how the region was in-game.
Completely wrong? Every single Kanto location is included in that map, except for Indigo Plateau. Again, I'm not talking about how many buildings are in each town, but rather how many towns there are in total, as well as how many special locations there are outside; the map isn't misleading in that regard at all. Who really cares about seeing Mr. Fuji's house in Lavender Town?

Last edited:
Which reminds me, if there is a remake, I HOPE Wally is the Champion. Enough of these pretty-boys, we need a REAL Hoenn champ!

While its near certian this won't happen, I would like more than him sitting in Victory road.

personally as long as their compatible they wont remake them is wat i think

i think if anything gets remade it should be yellow crystal and maybe that jp-blue version we never got

Thats no reason, who exactly is going to have legit RSE GBA games anymore and how easy are legit ones to get? And also the DSi and next 3DS has no GBA slot and they would want people to buy 3DS so what you said doesn't really hold any basis now.

i really doubt they're going to make drastic changes if they remake r/s. people came up with exciting theories regarding hg/ss, but in the end, the ones who made the games stayed loyal to g/s/c.

i'm definitely not anticipating any big changes (character-wise, for example).

If Gen III gets a remake, then Gen IV will get a remake since the "pattern" says so. SteelDiamond and WaterPearl, I look foward to those games.

While its near certian this won't happen, I would like more than him sitting in Victory road.

Thats no reason, who exactly is going to have legit RSE GBA games anymore and how easy are legit ones to get? And also the DSi and next 3DS has no GBA slot and they would want people to buy 3DS so what you said doesn't really hold any basis now.
Exactly. The DSi, DSi XL, and the 3DS do NOT have GBA slots. Furthermore, it would be ridiculous to think it would be convenient to Pal Park to DPPtHGSS, and THEN trade to BW. Blue, Yellow, and Crystal being remade would be absolutely pointless and illogical. Blue was more or less exactly the same as Red and Green, Yellow was an anime-based game, and much of the Crystal plots were included in HGSS. The main thing that was left out was Celebi and the GS Ball, and the Suicune plot was watered down.

i really doubt they're going to make drastic changes if they remake r/s. people came up with exciting theories regarding hg/ss, but in the end, the ones who made the games stayed loyal to g/s/c.

i'm definitely not anticipating any big changes (character-wise, for example).

That's true but ony in part. While HGSS were true to their original games, they did introduce far more changes than FRLG, so maybe the next set of remakes will also get more additions like the previous one (HGSS).

That's true but ony in part. While HGSS were true to their original games, they did introduce far more changes than FRLG, so maybe the next set of remakes will also get more additions like the previous one (HGSS).
I agree. Frankly, all RS remakes really need to do is incorporate Emerald's plot changes, just slightly extend the plot (like HGSS did with the Kimono girls), include the Battle Frontier, and include a post-E4 area. Honestly, the only problems I had with HGSS were the gym rosters and the lack of in-game Celebi.

I agree. Frankly, all RS remakes really need to do is incorporate Emerald's plot changes, just slightly extend the plot (like HGSS did with the Kimono girls), include the Battle Frontier, and include a post-E4 area. Honestly, the only problems I had with HGSS were the gym rosters and the lack of in-game Celebi.
What was wrong with them?

What was wrong with them?
Frankly, most of the rosters flat out sucked. It makes no sense at all for Johto gym leaders to not use Johto Pokemon! For example, Falkner. Bugsy could have ditched the cocoons, Whitney's Miltank was made weaker, Morty could have dropped two Gastlys for a Misdreavus, Chuck could have used a Heracross, Jasmine could have had a Magneton and a Skarmory instead of two Magnemites, and Pryce could have ditched Seel for a Jynx or Delibird. Clair was the only gym leader who ended up with a proper team. :/ Don't even get me started on the E4.

RS remakes should use the Emerald rosters...

Whatever anyone says, I am hoping for a R/S/E remake. I just need to see Hoenn with the new graphics. I wouldn't mind if they didn't change the story lines, even though Wally would be an amazing Champion. Hoenn is my favorite region, and if they remake it/revamp it my life would be complete.

Frankly, most of the rosters flat out sucked. It makes no sense at all for Johto gym leaders to not use Johto Pokemon! For example, Falkner. Bugsy could have ditched the cocoons, Whitney's Miltank was made weaker, Morty could have dropped two Gastlys for a Misdreavus, Chuck could have used a Heracross, Jasmine could have had a Magneton and a Skarmory instead of two Magnemites, and Pryce could have ditched Seel for a Jynx or Delibird. Clair was the only gym leader who ended up with a proper team. :/ Don't even get me started on the E4.

Yeah, a grand total of 4 or 5 of the 23 Pokémon used in all by the Johto Pokemon were Johto Pokémon.

Personally, I've never had any issues with their lineups. I've never understood this mentality of "having everyone use as many new Pokémon as possible=better game." My enjoyment of the game and battles comes from how good the gym leader battles and the how interesting the leaders themselves are. Woah, Morty sent out a Misdreavus instead of a Gastly, I fail to see how that makes the battle and the game so much better. On the contrary, I think shoving the new Pokémon down our throats by having every in-game trainer use them makes the new Pokémon a bit less elusive.

For me, it always felt good to find some new Pokémon no-one else used in the original G/S and how they and the older Pokémon were both found in the wild. Finding a new species amidst the already familiar ones always left a good feeling to me. There's a reason for why Sentret is generally considered the least annoying out of all the "starting route Pokémon": because it doesn't constantly appear to piss you off like all the other ones. Maybe everyone would've liked Bidoof more if they were less common and some of the previous Pokémon (like Rattata) would have appeared more than them.

Not dissing/hating/insulting anyone, just pointing out my personal (and quite justified) opinions.

Last edited:
Falkner could easily have used Hoothoot and Noctowl. Haven't we seen enough Pidgey?

Bugsy should have replaces the cocoons with Ledian and Ariados. At least one of them.

Whitney could have used a Furret.

Morty should have used a Misdreavus instead of 2 Haunter.

Chuck should have used a Hitmontop.

Jasmine should have had a Skarmory.

Pryce should have used a Delibird.

Clair is fine. There were no other Dragons back then.

Pn the other hand, Hoenn Gym Leaders from Emerald had a perfect mix of New Pokemon with a touch of well known oldies. I hope they use the Emerald Rosters.

You have to remember though, that gym leaders aren't supposed to be invincible. Bugsy, for example, is the 2nd gym leader. She/he/it's supposed to be easy.

Bugsy, for example, is the 2nd gym leader. She/he/it's supposed to be easy.

Easy doesn't mean boring, which is what most of the Johto Gym Leaders were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom