• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There HAS to be a remake. i swear that if there isn't, Pokemon fans all over the place will go nuts.

also, EnergyEmerald sounds good, doesn't it?

That's because Bebe didn't really add anything of value to the system; there is nothing much to say about her, as she basically only existed to give the player Eevee and reference Bill. The new character in Black and White, Shurou, is fairly unnecessary as well (she merely added a special box designated for battle Pokémon); she yet again references Bill, but not Lanette or Bebe. I really hope that Game Freak will do away with these characters from now on if they don't have any plans of refurbishing the PC system in a significant way.

It is interesting to note that there wasn't any character in Sinnoh who was said to have developed the GTS. This ended up being beneficial to HGSS, where Bill was given that role. In contrast, Black and White establish that Makomo is in charge of the Dream World project. You'd think that Game Freak would reserve that niche for Mr. Stone if they wanted to release remakes during this generation (considering the convenient "foreshadowing" in the original Hoenn games).

But then, the Hoenn and Isshu games aren't even conceivably contemporary...

Yeah but Mr. Stones company came up with the idea... So I think Devon Corb financed Makomo to figure it out.. plus HG/SS had a lot of Refs towards R/S (Steven, The Weather Trio, The Orbs, The Hoenn Legend, MAy/Brendan being refrenced, The Old Couple possibly being refrenced by Mr. Pokemon) SO I think They put the hints in HG/SS becaus eyou can't ignore all the refs given

Yeah but Mr. Stones company came up with the idea... So I think Devon Corb financed Makomo to figure it out..
Except that isn't implied in Black and White at all.

plus HG/SS had a lot of Refs towards R/S (Steven, The Weather Trio, The Orbs, The Hoenn Legend, MAy/Brendan being refrenced, The Old Couple possibly being refrenced by Mr. Pokemon) SO I think They put the hints in HG/SS becaus eyou can't ignore all the refs given
The Hoenn legend and orbs were needed to make the Weather trio catchable in HGSS without detracting from their story. The alternative would have been to imply that more than one trio existed, which Game Freak obviously did not want to do.

Similarly, Steven was needed to give Latios and Latias some sort of context. Why should a random NPC from Kanto be part of the Enigma Crystal event instead of a character from Hoenn? Likewise for the Hoenn starters, who would otherwise have been handed out by some other character not remotely associated with Hoenn. Game Freak were clearly not adverse to having older characters makes cameos in Generation IV, but unlike Jasmine, Maylene and Washer Wake, Steven was a functional character in that he didn't merely appear to remind players of Hoenn.

Mr. Pokémon referenced either May/Brendan or the Mt. Pyre couple; you can't have it both ways. At any rate, this was done to strongly imply that the Emerald story had already taken place by the events of HGSS. Remember that the Hoenn legend itself pertains to the original story from thousands of years ago, so the modern Hoenn story is not directly referenced.

The Hoenn references in HGSS were required in the sense that without them, the presence of the Generation III Pokémon would have felt like an afterthought. In general, the Generation IV games proved that Game Freak aren't shy of tying different regions together, with special focus put on regions pertaining to the same generation. Why would that change now? Why have cameos of several Sinnoh characters, the foreign Rocket grunt and even the Magikarp man but not of anyone from Hoenn? Why would they deliberately make the timeline convoluted even if they didn't care about it that much?

Last edited:
Yeah but Mr. Stones company came up with the idea... So I think Devon Corb financed Makomo to figure it out.. plus HG/SS had a lot of Refs towards R/S (Steven, The Weather Trio, The Orbs, The Hoenn Legend, MAy/Brendan being refrenced, The Old Couple possibly being refrenced by Mr. Pokemon) SO I think They put the hints in HG/SS becaus eyou can't ignore all the refs given

All that Silktree already said, plus:

- That was in Generation FOUR, while we're talking about Hoenn remakes in Generation FIVE.

HGSS was getting hints in FRLG which is Generation THREE. Besides FRLG gave us Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-Oh while HGSS gave us Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Saying a RS remake is not needed since the main legendaries are catchable in a current game is non sense. That just hints there will be a remake of the gen those legendaries are from. Now watch Dialga,Palkia and Giratina and the lake trio be in the RS remakes.

HGSS was getting hints in FRLG which is Generation THREE. Besides FRLG gave us Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-Oh while HGSS gave us Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Saying a RS remake is not needed since the main legendaries are catchable in a current game is non sense. That just hints there will be a remake of the gen those legendaries are from. Now watch Dialga,Palkia and Giratina and the lake trio be in the RS remakes.

You Took the words right out of my mouth. Also, not only were the legendaries from Johto and Hoenn in FRLG and HGSS respectively, but also some regular Pokemon as well, such as Marill in FRLG and Poochyena in HGSS. Trust me, there will definitely be a remake of some sort, possibly remakes that combine Emerald with Ruby and Sapphire.

If there was a remake what would they call them? I mean there was FireRed and LeafGreen and then HeartGold and SoulSilver. They're going to need to put their imagination into this if they do make them.

There's all sorts of valid options.

MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire.

LavaRuby and WaterSapphire.

VolcanoRuby and OceanSapphire.

RageRuby and SootheSapphire.

CrimsonRuby and IndigoSapphire.

TerraRuby and MarineSapphire

LandRuby and SeaSapphire

DroughtRuby and DrizzleSapphire

ContinentRuby and SeaBasinSapphire

ArmpitRuby and ToiletSapphire

VolcanoRuby and SeafloorSapphire

PotatoSaladRuby and ColeSlawSapphire

RedRuby and BlueSapphire

HotRuby and ColdSapphire

WarmRuby and CoolSapphire

FireRuby and LeafSapphire

HeartRuby and SoulSapphire

SunRuby and RainSapphire

EvilTreeRuby and DancingPineappleDuckSapphire

EruptionRuby and WaterSpoutSapphire

As you can see above, there are also some not-so-valid options.

With a mustache.

That just hints there will be a remake of the gen those legendaries are from. Now watch Dialga,Palkia and Giratina and the lake trio be in the RS remakes.

OK. It was done once. ONCE. Calling a pattern from something that happened twice, while wrong, is understandable, but claiming the pattern (or even worse, a rule of fact) from something that happened only once is just plain wrong and radical.

OK. It was done once. ONCE. Calling a pattern from something that happened twice, while wrong, is understandable, but claiming the pattern (or even worse, a rule of fact) from something that happened only once is just plain wrong and radical.

But he's right... Hoenn got a lot of refs from HG/SS like HG/SS did from FR/LG. You could get all the Johto Legends through FR/LG/E/Collo/XD/Pt The Beast Trio has been whored out a lot being in THREE regons

While the Regi Trio is only avable in R/S unless oyu have an event Regigigas and Pt. and the weather Trio is in Hoenn and Johto but you need both games to get Kyogre/Groudon so you can have Rayquaza

SO the argument about them not making remakes becaus eoyu can get all the Legends are BS becuae same was true for HG/SS

I don't know, but when HG/SS came out i took RS remakes for certain. Now people say it's not enough proof there is going to be remakes, but remember is gamefreak we're talking about, in a couple years many people will be expecting a remake and it's relatively easy to do them, i guess, since they can only use gen V games engine and the story an setting and everything else from RS, save for a few new special features to make it feel fresh, it'll be easy money because you know, at least 85% of us will buy them anyway.

As for the idea i read of having new games set in hoenn but with a new story, it's pretty unlikely, when they can have it much easier just sticking to what they did before, besides, people would still look at it as a remake, so not being true to the original could hurt rhe games sales. Besides, doing a new story that allowed the use of the games core elements, such as groudon and kyogre, would be very difficult, the story would probably make no sense, don't you think it would pretty stupid if anither villanous team tried to wake them up again, what would be their motivation, all those questions would come to mind of players who played the originals, and would also hurt the reviews/sales.

Now i'm not considering all the possiblities for a new story, obviously, and maybe i'm underestimating gamefreak's creativeness, so we'll have to see.

But he's right... Hoenn got a lot of refs from HG/SS like HG/SS did from FR/LG. You could get all the Johto Legends through FR/LG/E/Collo/XD/Pt The Beast Trio has been whored out a lot being in THREE regons

While the Regi Trio is only avable in R/S unless oyu have an event Regigigas and Pt. and the weather Trio is in Hoenn and Johto but you need both games to get Kyogre/Groudon so you can have Rayquaza

SO the argument about them not making remakes becaus eoyu can get all the Legends are BS becuae same was true for HG/SS

What HGSS references in FRLG? HGSS references came from DP.

Also, while all Johto Pokémon were available in FRLG/E/C/XD, they were all spread across several games, and unless you owned a Gamecube, the starters were evil to get, and Lugia and Ho-Oh were impossible. Besides, Hoenn Pokémon are really easy to get in BW.

Well, I think he's talking about the Gideon and Silver theory.

The Sevii Islands are basically one big Gen II reference.
They aren't at all. The Sevii Islands were a way of making Generation II Pokémon available in Generation III. Is the Battle Zone in DPt a FRLG-Remake reference because it has Kanto Pokémon?

Starting to drift of topic here. Arguing the Sevii Islands is not the point of the thread.

Actually the Sevii islands not only have Johto native Pokemon but also on certain islands there are remixes of songs from Gold/Silver and some NPC's even mention things from Gold/Silver (I think).

Actually the Sevii islands not only have Johto native Pokemon but also on certain islands there are remixes of songs from Gold/Silver and some NPC's even mention things from Gold/Silver (I think).
Is re-using music really a remake hint? Sevii Islands were there for the purpose of making the Johto Pokémon not in Colosseum, available.

Archer and Ariana are the leaders of Team Rocket in the Sevii Islands and their plan in Gen II is foreshadowed a lot, all the songs on 4-7 islands are GSC remixes, there's tons of gen II pokemon around there, Lorelei leaving the Elite Four is foreshadowed, and a lot of NPCs mention stuff in Johto.

Archer and Ariana are the leaders of Team Rocket in the Sevii Islands and their plan in Gen II is foreshadowed a lot, all the songs on 4-7 islands are GSC remixes, there's tons of gen II pokemon around there, Lorelei leaving the Elite Four is foreshadowed, and a lot of NPCs mention stuff in Johto.

Well before Ryuu says it again, but this isn't the place to discuss HGSS hints. But to put it to rest...it's never been said that any of HGSS's admins were in the Sevii Islands, it was only assumed due to the similarities in Team Rosters...although most of Team Rocket use the same dang Pokémon. I've never seen 100% proof that they are the same people.

Re-using music is common too.

Anyway, back onto R/S remakes...will Feebas' new method of evolution be a problem? After all, if GameFreak were planning R/S remakes, why would they add a new method?

Anyway, back onto R/S remakes...will Feebas' new method of evolution be a problem? After all, if GameFreak were planning R/S remakes, why would they add a new method?

Two possibilities:

1. Feebas might return to its original evolution method in the remakes due to contests and Pokeblocks returning.

2. Contests and Pokeblocks will be removed and replaced with something else, which means Feebas will retain it's new method of Evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom