• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possibly my best drawing ever. (Unfinished, still need to finish backround)

Treemo

Ca-va? Ca-va.
Reaction score
This is possibly my best drawing ever. There's some references to two different series- see if you can find them! Anyway, here it is so far. Please give me your criticism, I can take it.

04-29-2008063614AM.jpg

Drawn, colored, and lined by hand.

Materials used:

Drawing Paper
.7 mechanical pencil
HB pencil
6H pencil
8B pencil
Blending Tortillons
Prismacolor pencils
Velocigel black ink pen.
Scanner

Good detail in accessories/draping but your style needs developing. Work on face shapes/action poses/hands.

But overall, a good effort.

*thumbs up*

Good detail in accessories/draping but your style needs developing. Work on face shapes/action poses/hands.

But overall, a good effort.

*thumbs up*

The evil hands... *facepalms* I can never draw them right. Feet too. feet are a major pain in the ass.

I think you did a pretty good job on this. I particularly like the wings the most. :)

The evil hands... *facepalms* I can never draw them right. Feet too. feet are a major pain in the ass.

Only if you kick yourself!

I don't think i've seen your older work, so i can't say how much you've improved, but i see alot of potential here. The wings are marvelous, and theres some flair here.

Trying to draw hair/hands is prolly the reason for most premature baldness/stress induced ulcers, so i wouldn't worry!

Keep it up!

XD

Trying to draw hair/hands is prolly the reason for most premature baldness/stress induced ulcers, so i wouldn't worry!

lol. Hands and feet are probably the most difficult to do, but that's just me.

lol. Hands and feet are probably the most difficult to do, but that's just me.

I think everyone except the Greek god of "pissing me off by having a naturally amazing talent for drawing" Has sooper problems wit hhands and feet. Its the perspective/making them appear correct holding things that really gets people i think.

XD

Would the references be the wings and the necklace? The wings are Sepirothy in nature, and I know the symbol on the necklace, but I couldn't tell you from where.

Thank God for dresses!

As for your artwork, I thought ti was good. Like the others, I only see problems in the hand/face area, but the wings look great.

I helped with the lineart. Looks great! I might scan one of my drawings and post it here, if I can figure out how to scan...

I actually need to work on my drawing style, too. It's not as good as Aki's, because it's a work in progress.

I helped with the lineart. Looks great! I might scan one of my drawings and post it here, if I can figure out how to scan...

I actually need to work on my drawing style, too. It's not as good as Aki's, because it's a work in progress.

No, you helped line the Jamie picture, didn't you? I thought I lined this one. And if you need help with a scanner, next time I come over to your place I'll help you out.

I really, REALLY want to draw an EdxArmony pic. I just watched Jason and Edyta dance again on Dancing With the Stars, and I really want to draw a picture of Ed and Armony dancing with each other. Though me drawing Ed = phail.

Lol. on Dancing With the Stars, Shannon just punched Derrik in the nuts. XD

Last edited:
Props to you Aki. A nice piece of work. Although I do perfer arms a little thicker thanthat, but thats just me.

Unless you have professional gear, I always prefer to color on a computer, it just turns out a lot cleaner.
Personally, I think it is good and shows talent. However, if you want me to critique it, I'd probably rather offer suggestions because it is more useful.

One thing, yeah, coloring, use a computer even though it takes longer.. but if you do use other materials then I suggest you stick to same types. Inks only on Inks images (This includes both pens and markers, Copic, Prisma, or Crayola, which ever you use), Pencils for only pencils, oil and wax based for only wax, and paints for paints (And I definitely wouldn't mix paint types.. in other words like water colors with acrylics with oils).

Work a little more on proportions, it seems like you are almost there, but the head just seems a little too big for the style. It looks about 1/4th the size of the body where for this image it would fit more to be 1/5 or 1/6th. (Though, getting proportions and angles right is difficult for me also)

Don't be afraid to use more whitespace and thin lines. The image came out looking more flat because of the thicker lines (also, because of line choice). I'm not an artist so I don't know the term of it but use better implied lines. Especially since this is a color image, some lines aren't needed. Like on the breast for example, it probably would have looked better if instead of making a boob line you just added shading of a slightly darker red. Same with the Dress. Nice touch on the wings and the hair, but a touch of shadowing with a brown or a light purple would have brought it out really nice.
Also good job on the Automail arm, I just now got that reference, lol. I would have added more of the chrome shading and maybe would have made it around the hand and shoulder for a more complex effect. Sometimes it helps to look at other chrome objects, or even images that others have made, to make the same technique. I don't think you really needed to smudge the pencil to get that effect, but it turned out nice anyways.

However, all in all I like it! Good Job, and it portrays a lot of emotions which I think is really cool

pwerrrty pweerrty PWEERRTTYYY!!!

^.^;;

...the lineage is a bit off, but all in all very good. =]

Keep up the artistry,

a_a

Meh. My lineart = phail as well. Blehhhh.

Actually, I did use professional gear. Prismacolor pencils are professional.

Eh, I have to even my time out for forums, cuz a new Nsider forum was made! :party: http://nsider2.com/forums/forums.html

My name there is Aki Elric.

Back
Top Bottom