• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Post game and added areas

Reaction score
So far we know nothing about the post game or any new added areas, aside from the purple cloud and possible new spot right below pafilog town. There could be new areas off map considering fire red did that and it was the only thing fire red added at all. It makes even more sense for hoenn to add more areas off map like islands seeing as you ITS SURROUNDED BY ISLANDS.

My predictions for the post game
secret base gyms ( I wouldn't touch it to much until the after game seeing as most people are going to be packing level 100 pokemon most likely)
contests ( I wouldn't touch it until the after game either setting up contest moves can be a pain during the main story plus I can see online competitions with these it would be fun and a change of pace from battling)
legendary pokemon (theres always ledgendary pokemon to catch but i mean ones we haven't seen in hoenn before with some plot added in like how oak gives you the jade orb in hg/ss if you caught kyogre/groudon or in b2/w2 were juniper explains the lake trio to you)
post game involving the team you helped involving their legendary pokemon or rayquaza
the battle frontier ( my biggest hope)
gym leader and elite 4 rematches ( the past remakes have let us rematch them with upped levels lets do it again)

new areas added:
no predictions right now from the map I see nothing new which isn't a bad thing hoenn has enough already unlike its brothers that were lacking things ( kanto lacking a good post game area and johto lacking a safari zone) But I would be surprised to see nothing new That purple cloud has to be something otherwise it wouldn't be so big on the map. By saying its nothing you're claiming they drew it just cause or that it was a drawing mistake ( one they surely would have corrected) edit: new area could include the inside of the light houses from lilyvcove and slateport

fun fact: hoenn has the most routes out of any region with 34 as it is, It's not a small region new routes would be adding more onto the already most routed region.

Hmmm...interesting ideas...

It IS something to think about, ain't it?

The post game stuff can keep players quite busy these days and who knows what they'll throw in? Arceus knows we got some post games doozies in FRLG and HGSS!

I especially like the idea of stuff from Emerald being used post-game. That sounds fairly fitting :)

We already have a thread for them so I won't make a mention, so how about this:
Hoenn has the most optional dungeons( shoal cave, abandoned ship, meteor cave, New Mauville), so how bout a post story that involves exploring these places? Unless they get added in the main game, I dunno.

The Orre region would be my dream.
Or Kanto and the Sevii Islands.
Or Kanto, Johto, the Sevii Islands, and Orre (lmao).

But to be completely honest, I won't be upset if none of that is included (because it probably won't be). I'll be happy with a Battle Frontier that is more Hoenn-themed than Diancie-themed (you know, the appearance of the whole thing. Poofy dresses and bubbles and Fantina and Mega Gardevoir have a certain *aesthetic* they have been trending toward since 4th gen.)

Even if it uses the new aesthetic, it will still be fun. And there's always contests and secret bases and wifi battles, which is honestly more than enough already.

EDIT: OH WAIT! I forgot to mention the post game plot. Team Aqua/Magma should go after the Regi pokemon to try and awaken Regigigas to use its tectonic power to create more or less coastline/cause volcanic eruptions or tsunamis/other applications of this power. PLEASE.

My guesses:

-Few to no post game areas. Unless we're getting a post game mini region like the Sevii Islands (which I doubt due to Hoenn's size), there's very little room for post game areas on the map. I'm guessing it's just going to be the Battle Frontier, Desert Underpass and maybe one or two new areas if we're lucky.
-A post game story arc involving Rayquaza. Really, there's no better choice for a post game storyline, it relates directly to the main game's plot, and it gives Rayquaza the kind of focus it got in Emerald (allowing them to incorporate Emerald's storyline in some small way at least).
-New Pokemon through Swarms, the Safari Zone, and maybe another method (Poke Radar?). They need to include tons of post game Pokemon for this game to measure up to XY in terms of available Pokemon, especially if there's no dex expansion (literally, they need to add at least 300 Pokemon to this game in total for it to even compare with XY).
-Tons of legendaries like Platinum, HGSS, and BW2. We have all of the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen Pokemon that need to be made available in 6th gen, and they're probably going to take a huge chunk out of that list in this game. At the very least, I think we'll get Lugia/Ho-oh, Heatran, Regigigas, and the Kami trio, but there's some other Pokemon that would fit Hoenn as well like the Beast trio and the Creation trio.
-Probably some other kind of post game feature.

I'm not liking the lack of post game areas, this is something that was lacking in the originals and is lacking in the current gen, but aside from that, I think the post game will be more substantial this time.

Last edited:
HGSS did include a load of Legendaries, and XY were very underwhelming in that regard, so I expect a decent number out of ORAS. Same with the post-game: nothing amazing, but third versions and remakes tend to do a lot better with their post-game. The Battle Frontier should be the minimum here.

FRLG and HGSS both added new areas (Sevii Islands and far west Johto repsectively). I'm expecting some new area, likely under the clouds on the map. Since the Hoenn region itself is pretty busy, I don't think a new area will have to be post-game. Personally, I don't like getting oodles of legendaries. I wouldn't mind if we just stuck to the gen 3 legends + Regigigas, but that's probably unlikely because dex.

FRLG and HGSS both added new areas (Sevii Islands and far west Johto repsectively). I'm expecting some new area, likely under the clouds on the map. Since the Hoenn region itself is pretty busy, I don't think a new area will have to be post-game.

Where do you think there are new areas, though? There's not much room on the map for them to hide new areas. And certainly not anything like the Sevii Islands or the Battle Zone, if we were getting something like that, most of the southeast corner of the map would be covered.

Isn't Hoenn's Battle Frontier enough content already?

IDK. Ask everyone who complains about XY's post game.

Mmmm. I just thought with how big the Battle Frontier was (7 facilities along with tidbits like the cave with Smeargle) and how it will be done in Generation 6 style, that would be enough. But I guess not. I don't think XY's post game lacking should influence ORAS, as that is a separate remake of other games.

Leave the post story concern for XY to XY's sequels or remake.

Hmm, there is indeed little space for big additional areas. The cloud in the lower right corner probably covers the Battle Frontier, I don't think we'll really find anything significant under the cloud in the lower middle (well, Southern Island used to be there, so it's probably gonna be there again, but that's not something new)

The big, bad purple cloud is obvious, but whether that's gonna be seen during the main game or in post-game (or both), I wouldn't dare to say

Lastly, there's the cloud above Shoal Cave. Part of me thinks it would be a weird place to put stuff, as its a bit of a far away, almost abandoned corner. On the other hand, if there's nothing, why use such an incredibly big cloud to cover it?

Aside from that, I think we might find a lot of smaller scattered areas to explore either post-game, or as optional paths during the main game (which could be saved for post-game). But yeah, I think there might be several areas that get added in existing areas and that can't be accessed till after you beat the E4 (maybe Granite Cave and Eterna Forest?). I think the Desert Underpass will make an appearance again as well

Also, some kind of rock/mountain/hill seems to have been added to Route 123

And now I've been intensely staring at the new map for a while, I also noticed it seems like Evergrande got a tiny bit expanded. Maybe

And I completely overlooked the island in the lower middle. That might also just be Southern Island. Or a new place

As for post-game plot, I think that depends partly on available legendaries (though I could def see something with Regigigas happening) and I think any kind of other post-game plots will involve entirely new things. Probably a hunt for Mega Stones, and I hope something sidequest like

Mmmm. I just thought with how big the Battle Frontier was (7 facilities along with tidbits like the cave with Smeargle) and how it will be done in Generation 6 style, that would be enough. But I guess not. I don't think XY's post game lacking should influence ORAS, as that is a separate remake of other games.

Leave the post story concern for XY to XY's sequels or remake.

The reason I brought up XY is because the criticism surrounding XY's post game gives you an idea of what people expect in terms of post game content, obviously one battle facility and a handful of other minor extras is not enough. The original RSE's post game was roughly similar, so if they add very little to what RSE did, ORAS' post game is going to receive those same criticisms. Even more so actually, since mid gen releases have more content compared to their initial paired versions (see: RS vs. FRLG and Emerald, DP vs. Platinum and HGSS, BW1 vs. BW2), so if ORAS' post game has the same amount of content as XY, it will be even more disappointing.

Hmm, there is indeed little space for big additional areas. The cloud in the lower right corner probably covers the Battle Frontier, I don't think we'll really find anything significant under the cloud in the lower middle (well, Southern Island used to be there, so it's probably gonna be there again, but that's not something new)

Actually, I think those two clouds are the best chance we have for new areas since they're the biggest. The cloud in the lower right hand corner IMO has a 50/50 chance of either just covering the Battle Frontier or one other area along with it (since that cloud patch is about twice the size of Lilycove, but at the same time, it's a corner cloud which seem to be more decorative than anything else).

The big, bad purple cloud is obvious, but whether that's gonna be seen during the main game or in post-game (or both), I wouldn't dare to say

I don't think it's post game, it's probably something related to Groudon/Kyogre that plays a role in the storyline if anything.

Lastly, there's the cloud above Shoal Cave. Part of me thinks it would be a weird place to put stuff, as its a bit of a far away, almost abandoned corner. On the other hand, if there's nothing, why use such an incredibly big cloud to cover it?

Again, they're putting clouds in the corners of the map for decoration, it's probably too far away from Shoal Cave to be a new area.

Aside from that, I think we might find a lot of smaller scattered areas to explore either post-game, or as optional paths during the main game (which could be saved for post-game). But yeah, I think there might be several areas that get added in existing areas and that can't be accessed till after you beat the E4 (maybe Granite Cave and Eterna Forest?). I think the Desert Underpass will make an appearance again as well

Eh, maybe they could do a few random post game sections, but I'm not expecting much. I agree that Desert Underpass will probably return, probably providing a way to get National Dex fossils.

That was there in the originals. It just has a couple of Secret Bases.

And now I've been intensely staring at the new map for a while, I also noticed it seems like Evergrande got a tiny bit expanded. Maybe

I think that's also a rock formation.

And I completely overlooked the island in the lower middle. That might also just be Southern Island. Or a new place

The one near Rt. 109 or the one near Pacifidlog? The one near Rt. 109 is Southern Island (or so everyone says), the one near Pacifidlog could be something. But it's not covered and the bulk of the island seems to be unexplorable (except for that small brown patch), so I think it's just some optional area you can explore in the main games, probably nothing too huge.

The reason I brought up XY is because the criticism surrounding XY's post game gives you an idea of what people expect in terms of post game content, obviously one battle facility and a handful of other minor extras is not enough. The original RSE's post game was roughly similar, so if they add very little to what RSE did, ORAS' post game is going to receive those same criticisms. Even more so actually, since mid gen releases have more content compared to their initial paired versions (see: RS vs. FRLG and Emerald, DP vs. Platinum and HGSS, BW1 vs. BW2), so if ORAS' post game has the same amount of content as XY, it will be even more disappointing.

Actually, I think those two clouds are the best chance we have for new areas since they're the biggest. The cloud in the lower right hand corner IMO has a 50/50 chance of either just covering the Battle Frontier or one other area along with it (since that cloud patch is about twice the size of Lilycove, but at the same time, it's a corner cloud which seem to be more decorative than anything else).

I don't think it's post game, it's probably something related to Groudon/Kyogre that plays a role in the storyline if anything.

Again, they're putting clouds in the corners of the map for decoration, it's probably too far away from Shoal Cave to be a new area.

Eh, maybe they could do a few random post game sections, but I'm not expecting much. I agree that Desert Underpass will probably return, probably providing a way to get National Dex fossils.

That was there in the originals. It just has a couple of Secret Bases.

I think that's also a rock formation.

The one near Rt. 109 or the one near Pacifidlog? The one near Rt. 109 is Southern Island (or so everyone says), the one near Pacifidlog could be something. But it's not covered and the bulk of the island seems to be unexplorable (except for that small brown patch), so I think it's just some optional area you can explore in the main games, probably nothing too huge.

For the decorative clouds, they can definitely go either way and are probably nothing, though they could easily have made them a bit smaller and still fill up enough space. And that's why I'm not completely ruling everything out. No expectations and especially the one near Shoal Cave is very out of the way, though an option if you can only go there by boat. But probably not, they're prolly decorative.

as for the big bad purple cloud. It could easily be something main-game, but it feels like such an out of the way place, considering most of the final action was centred around Sootopolis and the purple cloud is roughly above Foretree, which never had a connection to Groudon/Kyogre (though of course the remakes can change that) I mean, if it's just the impending doom apocalypse-y Groudon/Kyogre is destroying Hoenn thing, it just feels like an odd place to put it. On the other hand, I can't think of anything that could easily be it either. The only thing it slightly reminds me of is Distortion World, but it's definitely not the same (and I don't think GF would give that much attention to a single non-Hoenn legendary either in this case)

The rock formation on Route 123 might have been there, I can't remember. I was just comparing the old and the new map art now, and certain things have been changed/made more prominent, so I based my musings on that. I didn't think it would be very significant, but it was a change between the two maps, so they might have expanded that rocky area enough to have to put it on the map

As for Evergrande, it's still def not a city, but in RSE it literally was a Pokémon Center, right before the entrance to Victory Road. The things in front of it don't look very special, but it's clear some stuff was added to it (unrelated to the post-game area discussion though)

Lastly, I meant the island south-west of Pacifidlog, almost right under the white spot and thus near Rt. 109. The brown patch there has a black dot which looks a bit like the entrance to a cave... But whether or not it is something, I wouldn't know. And yeah, everyone seems to say it's Southern Island, so it might very well be. I had sortof missed it, that's why I assumed SI would be under the cloud next to it

The brown patch near Pacifidlog I hadn't even noticed, but yeah that's prolly an optional area.

as for the big bad purple cloud. It could easily be something main-game, but it feels like such an out of the way place, considering most of the final action was centred around Sootopolis and the purple cloud is roughly above Foretree, which never had a connection to Groudon/Kyogre (though of course the remakes can change that) I mean, if it's just the impending doom apocalypse-y Groudon/Kyogre is destroying Hoenn thing, it just feels like an odd place to put it. On the other hand, I can't think of anything that could easily be it either. The only thing it slightly reminds me of is Distortion World, but it's definitely not the same (and I don't think GF would give that much attention to a single non-Hoenn legendary either in this case)

It's also near Lilycove Hideout, so whatever it is might come into play at that point in the game.

It's also near Lilycove Hideout, so whatever it is might come into play at that point in the game.

Its closer to foretree then it is lilycove

Its closer to foretree then it is lilycove

That might not matter.

The big purple cloud is certainly something, but it might be obscuring something that's in the image that's not actually a destination, it might be some giant moving object like Rayquaza or an ORAS equivalent to the Plasma Frigate.

If it is a destination of some sort, it may be post game (or accessable once during the storyline, and then again for another reason post game) and the route to it could just be the under string of clouds between the Shoal Cave and the ominous cloud. Unlikely, but not comletely impossible, right?

If it is a destination of some sort, it may be post game (or accessable once during the storyline, and then again for another reason post game) and the route to it could just be the under string of clouds between the Shoal Cave and the ominous cloud. Unlikely, but not comletely impossible, right?

There's no area connected to it though. If it's an actual location we can visit, it's probably either by an underwater tunnel, or more likely, by boat.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom