• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post-game

eevee_lotion

Reaction score
I just wanna know what are some of the creative ways you use to entertain yourself post game.
I started since White to train different teams of Pokémon until level 100, and it is really fun!
What do you do?

I catch pokémon, then train them through the Big Stadium, and Small Court. I've also started to battle with some friends.

This thread seems to be similar to the How do YOU play the games? thread and I will quote some of my post in that
I try to complete the Regional then National Pokédex and, quoting from the thread How Often Have You Completed the National Pokedex?
I've done it once in generation IV in which I have a complete national Pokédex in Pearl version with all 493 Pokémon and I didn't ever cheat, transfer legendary Pokémon, or Pokémon which I got in Colosseum or XD or Pokémon from my main parties in generation III by the Park Pal instead I went to the events, used mystery gift online or downloaded event Ranger missions for all the event Pokémon after the Almia Darkrai, Manaphy and Rilou, I caught the remaining legendary Pokémon in Platinum and Soul Silver and traded with someone my Platinum Cresselia for an Embedded Tower Kyogre in a trade shop on a forum and bred my Pokémon from generation III.

I'm also going to try it with Black version using similar methods by breeding then transfering Pokémon from generation IV and waiting for all the event pokémon to be given out.
After completing the Regional, National Pokédex or obtaining the maximum possible amount of Pokémon I can get at that moment I try doing the Battle Frontiers, Towers or Subway. In Hoenn I did also do the contests a lot.

I also never select new game when I can see the continue selection because I do obtain event Pokémon and I think that time of finding out how or where to get them would be wasted if I deleted the load which they are on and I don't like the idea of using Pokémon from one of my other or, if I ever restart, previous save files.

I battle on the Battle Frontier and end up liking some Pokémon very much and get one of them for me and train it, choose the best moves and all. :)
I also go on collecting the Pokémon that I haven't yet, evolving, etc.

I collect all the Pokemon in the world afterwards. I make sure I get ALL of them, as in, I will have an Ekans and an Arbok at the same time, and not have an Arbok whose Ekans stage was used for the pokedex completion. I really enjoy this, and all I lack on Black (not trying to rhyme) is most of the Kanto and Sinnoh pokemon.

-this became MUCH easier once I learned that the pokemon you are breeding (Bulbasaur, for example) CAN be a male to mate with Ditto

I just wanna know what are some of the creative ways you use to entertain yourself post game.
I started since White to train different teams of Pokémon until level 100, and it is really fun!
What do you do?

I do exactly what you do in both Black and White. I love breeding Pokemon to get decent IV's and train them up to level 100 for competitive battle. I especially like making different teams until I get my perfect team ^^

This is my current team on Pokemon Black and they are all level 100:

Ani620MS.png
Ani227MS.png
Ani389MS.png
Ani230MS.png
Ani248MS.png
Ani641MS.png

Battle Subway and breeding, mostly. BW is pretty boring post-game.
I usually restart, though, and play through again.

I'm working on putting together teams for the Battle Subway. It's really more fun to choose Pokémon and their moves than it is training them, but oh well. ^^

I'm also (very slowly) learning how to breed Pokémon and I'm trying to figure out EV training, just because post-game White is rather dull and I don't have much else to do when I feel like playing it.

I think of training different Pokémon so that I can beat the league with this different team too.

I stopped playing my game for a while, then decided to EV train and level up some pokemons, complete post-game stuff and events like Caves, collect TMs and tried to complete my Pokedex. (Didn't make, tough haha)

Get my main team to level 100, train a few other teams with Pokemon I haven't used or wasn't able to have on my main team, then I also breed pokemon that I plan to use in the next game.

Well the first thing I do is complete the Nat Dex, then (if needed) train my play-through team to Lv. 100.
This is the first time I've then built a team for WiFi battles, though its more of a fun team than a competitive team, being comprised entirely of cat Pokémon...I also complete whatever post-game story there is. I generally don't put a game down til its 100% (or as close as possible) finished.

I train my team, make new teams and train those, catch the legends, persipate in Musicals, or Contests, and others!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom