• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post your current Ctrl+V (v2)

Basically, it's just a bunch of talking. Real exciting I know but I like writing character interactions, sue me.

Things started off okay but I got, like, two paragraphs and three lines of dialogue in and... wait, now I'm repeating myself.

Okay, long story short you're my go-to person for Three Houses stuff. I could go to Tingle but you're the firts person I thought of. Yay for you.

Here's the *real* deets:

Byleth is talking with Claude, Dimitri, and Edelgard as they head towards the Monastery. Dodging questions about herself, Byleth conveniently changes the subject by asking the three cuti- er, house leaders about the Monastery and I can't figure out which one would be most likely to answer first. See why this makes me nervous it's a dumb small trivial thing I shouldn't need help and I don't like asking for help!

1588486519015.png

Right, so, anyone who's known me for any amount of time can probably tell you I love Fire Emblem: Three Houses. And, of course, if you play Three Houses you are pretty much required to have a favorite house. And my favorite is the Black Eagles. I love them. It's right there in my signature (as of this writing).

So because ranking characters is a hot thing... apparently (full confession, I might be late to the party) I have decided to rank all the Black Eagles students from worst to best. Now, before I begin I'd like to start with a disclaimer: I like all the Black Eagles! A lower ranking does not mean that I hate the character. It just means that I like other characters more.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, in the immortal words of Leonie Pinelli, let's get to it. Here are all the Black Eagles ranked from worst to best.

#8 Caspar

Alright, I will say it again, I like all the Black Eagles. Just because Caspar's at the bottom of the list doesn't mean I hate him. I just find him... less interesting than the others. I mean, he's fun and he's got some funny supports (I really like his support chain with Lin) but he's just kind of meh. He's essentially a hotblooded shonen protagonist dropped in this war torn fantasy world (which makes it kind of funny that he doesn't have a crest, since shonen protagonists tend to have special powers).

#7 Petra

Petra is complicated. I think she's probably only at number 7 because I used her more than Caspar in my Crimson Flower run (I had to bench Caspar and replace him with Felix because he was at level 2 for a long time). She's great. She's funny. She's nice. But that's really all she is. It's impossible to dislike her (even Hubert has given her a compliment) but she's pretty bland. She also rarely saw combat because I made Byleth my theif (I needed to get her close to one of the house leaders to snatch a ring of evasion for reasons I'll get to later) and then made her my dancer (a good call since I lost Flayn due to choosing Crimson Flower which I didn't know woukd happen but probably should have seen coming) and had her hang back with Linhardt to give him an extra turn of healing. And speaking of Linhardt.

#6 Linhardt

Look, I love Linhardt. I S-Supported him so obviously I like him a lot. He's basically me. But the thing is, I don't like him as much when compared to the other characters on this list. He would be higher except that the rest of the Black Eagles exist.

I will tell you what I do like about him. I like his character a lot because I can relate. He's constantly tired, he's intelligent, and he has a lot of trouble focusing on things that don't interest him but has laser focus when it comes to things that do. He's also snarky and is generally not a people person. He's also a great healer and was useful on both my Crimson Flower and Verdant Wind runs.

#5 Hubert

Basically every person in the world would probably send Hubert far below the bottom of this list. Probably at, like, number 15 or something. This is understandable because by all accounts he is an unpleasent, unapproachable person who casually threatens people like he's discussing the weather. He's got, in the words of Allegra Clark, "resting villain face." But I actually kind of like him. He's actually really funny at times, especially when he laughs. His laugh is so over the top evil that it's hard to take seriously. Just watch this video and you'll see why.

His supports also show that he is capable of feeling empathy and caring about people. He obviously cares a lot about Edelgard, since he's willing to do anything for her (my dad and I often joke about his obsession), he cares about Bernadetta (I also kind of ship them. Shoot me if you must I stand by my statement), since by their B-support he makes an active attempt (key word being attempt) to turn down his creepy when she's around, and he and Ferdie's A-support has a ton of romantic subtext. There's probably more but I haven't seen all his supports.

He's also a powerful magic unit.

#4 Dorothea

I'll be honest with you, Dorothea's only here because I didn't know where to put her. She's very much a middle ground kind of thing. It's pretty hard not to put her up high which is why she's up high. She's funny and witty and smart and she doesn't take crap from anyone. She's also a very powerful magic unit.

#3 Ferdinand Vom Aegir

Yeah, you saw this coming. Like basically everyone I know (and everyone he knows), Ferdie came across to me as a stuck-up, pretentious noble. But then I saw his supports and saw he was really just an adorable dork who genuinely wants to help but has a ton of issues communicating. The fact that people don't like him is even part of his character. People don't like him because he goes out of his way to attempt to get people to like him which results in him going to far and things going wrong. He's very relatable to people who are ostracized and friendless but really want to have friends.

Additionally, he is an absolutely stellar unit and gets MVP on almost all the battles I take him into. Setting him up as Wyvern Lord and giving him a ring of evasion (that's why I made Byleth my thief) makes him an amazing dodge tank.

And since it's mandatory: I am Ferdinand Von Aegir.

#2 Bernadetta

Bernie. I love my Bernie (not the politician). Someone really needs to give the poor girl ahead. Her father is only surpassed by Jeritza's father in terms of douchebaggery. One of the most satisfying moments in Verdant Wind is saying that you'll banish him. And that's only in a Monastery conversation. Pretty much everyone makes an attempt to help her, even if they're annoyed by her constant apologising at first.

Despite my pretty great upbringing compared to her, I can emphasize with her on the "wanting to stay in her room forever" thing. I love staying inside and writing. She also has some of the funniest possible endings. She can have endings with Hubert, Jeritza, and Seteth. You could not see that coming. (I know I didn't see HubertxBernie coming).

#1 Edelgard

Yeah, you knew this before you even started reading. You knew exactly who was coming up in first place. It's Edelgard Von Hresvelg. I love Edelgard. She's much more adorable than you'd expect ("that was a cute shriek") and has fun supports. She does a great job at the whole "proper, serious emperor" bit but her supports reveal that she has a softer side (I, too, would like to gorge on sweets instead of doing work) and isn't above the occasional joke (her Hubert impression is spot on). I S-Supported her for a reason.

I could go on but I would probably get annoying. Anyway, she's a pretty good unit. Don't bother with her custom class, though. It's pretty disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom