• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post your current CTRL+V's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Medicine Crow, a Crow traditionalist, told Walter Williams, “We don’t waste people the way white society does. Every person has their gift.

Dr. H. and class,

Postmodernism is a school of philosophical thought that arose in France in the mid-20th century and is found in the writings of Derrida and Foucault. It is highly controversial. Postmodernists claim that any attempt to verify the truth of a claim by its correspondence with reality is an impossible illusion.

This is contradictory. If there is no such thing as truth in this world, how are we to understand the findings of science? Mathematics tells us that 2+2=4. Is this not a fact? How can you verify a statement that says, "There is no such thing as truth"?

Postmodernism is often applied with skepticism and moral relativism in formulating arguments. Skepticism is beneficial in that it helps in weeding out fallacious arguments. Because postmodernism teaches that there is no real truth and skepticism teaches that on matters of morals there is no absolute knowledge, only opinion, these two schools of thought have rendered ethics impossible. There is no real guide for human behavior.

In sharp contrast to these perspectives is a simple statement written thousands of years ago: "But the wisdom from above is first of all chaste, then peaceable, <i>reasonable</i>, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, not making partial distinctions, not hypocritical." (James 3:17)

Personally, I find postmodernism and political correctness to be of no value to me. I will gladly take biblical wisdom over these philosophies any day of the week.

Barbara

Flare: So, what happened to my comic?
Windy: What comic?
Flare: The comic that I drew when I was nine and don't want anyone besides Till to know?
Windy: Oh, yeah. That. Funny story...
Elias: I can't believe this! This is great stuff!
Neris: I normally don't read the comics, but this one about the Volcano Princess trying to get the Blazing Stone is really something!
Sharbet: My favorite part is when her sidekick accidently mentions to the old lady the princess is living with is actually... [sees a really angry Flare] uh... hi, Flare.
Flare: How did you know about my comic?
Windy: Because Sharbet and I accidentally gave it to that weird looking cat... who we found out is one of the editors of the paper.

*Flare turns red*

Sharbet: Oh, no! Hit the dirt!

*Everyone but Flare runs and hides*

Flare: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

*Massive explosion is heard, causing the whole hotel lobby, the guests, and the fairies to be charred*

Windy: We really need a drill for this...

ca va indy ?
oué moi ca va merci de t'inquieté pour moi arf !
Je ne sais pas si ta vu mais je t'ai laissé un paragraphe de lecture, on a comprit que tt occupé mais de la ...
enfin bref tu me decoit de plus en plus :s bonne année comme meme

(2:12:49 pm) &#xab;&#x202f;Serebii&#x202f;&#xbb; come on man...why was I banned, just answer that
(2:13:52 pm) &#xab;&#x202f;Dratini927&#x202f;&#xbb; because the majority don't want you in there anyway

lol, PM from Joe because I banned him from my channel. :p

Hey, do you remember me? From the concert. I was in front of you and you were hanging me. And you helped me and my friend to get out of the crowd. Remember?

-I would like to meet some remixers.
-Travel to the Pacific pole of inaccessibility
-Go skydiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom