• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post Your Favorite Fan Creations!

SirOni

Driving You Batty
Reaction score
Pokemon being the massive juggernaut of a franchise that it is has naturally garnered quite a number of talented artistic fans. Their creations run the gamut of adorable, cool, gross, awesome, beautiful, creepy, majestic, and hilarious. Whatever you can possibly imagine just name it and it’ll probably be out there already created by a like-minded fan. One of my favorite hobbies, which I’m sure I share with many of you, is scouring the interwebs for some of the best most truly amazing fan creations out there. So now is the time to share your favorite works of art, video, and music with your fellow Bulbagarden members!

But first let’s set down some rules:
-Try to provide sources for the creations you post: people worked hard on their creations so we gotta give credit where credit is due. Sources should always include the name of the creator and a link to their channel, profile, or page where their creation is displayed. Something along the lines of Thing by Person on Website. You can add the link as the hyperlink in that text.
-Make sure that whatever creation you post is alright with it’s creator: it’s important to respect the wishes of the people who make this stuff so don’t share something if the creator not comfortable exposing their work to the public. Make sure to ask artists for their permission since some of them do have rules about posting their work on other websites. Stuff from big sites like Youtube probably won't need permission since those are meant to be viewed by everyone. Embedding video should be enough as long as it’s not a private video.
-Don’t share anything too explicit: try to keep it E for Everyone and don’t post any inappropriate content including anything relatively graphic, violent, sexual, or shocking.
-All other global rules still apply: be sure to go over them if you haven't yet for whatever reason.

So to get the ball rolling I’ll post a few of my favorites.

Smooth Criminals by MBLOCK on DeviantArt
smooth_criminals_by_mblock-d3joeog.png

MBLOCK is one of my favorite artists and I would definitely recommend checking out the rest of their stuff. I really love this pairing of two of my favorite Pokemon. One of these little gremlins on its own is already a handful but both of them together and you’re probably not sleeping any time soon!

Pokemon RSE Remix: Regi Battle by PokeRemixStudio on Youtube

This is probably the first Pokemon remix I’ve ever heard and it still remains one of my favorites. I just can’t get enough of its mechanical sound.

PokeAwesome - Just a Pokemon Battle by Egoraptor on Youtube

In all honesty every one of you has probably seen this before. In general I’m a big fan of Egoraptor and I really appreciate all that he’s done to facilitate the growth of web animation. I absolutely love this one just because of how almost anyone can find something funny in it no matter their level of familiarity with Pokemon.

Last edited:
I'll share some of my favorite fan-made music then:

Just recently I came across this absolutely amazing series of videos created to celebrate Pokemon's 20th anniversary! Originally from Nico-Nico Douga I believe and put together by 生㌔P on Youtube the series consists of twenty videos each featuring a different Type with a few repeated due to their large amount of Pokemon. Here's a link to the playlist which naturally start off with Normal:

Word of warning: do not watch Poison, Psychic, or Ghost before going to bed. They might just give you nightmares.

And as a bonus I might as well post the video on how that very spooky Banette doll featured in the Ghost video was crafted. This one can also be just a bit scary.

Last edited:
Just recently I came across this absolutely amazing series of videos created to celebrate Pokemon's 20th anniversary! Originally from Nico-Nico Douga I believe and put together by 生㌔P on Youtube the series consists of twenty videos each featuring a different Type with a few repeated due to their large amount of Pokemon. Here's a link to the playlist which naturally start off with Normal:

Word of warning: do not watch Poison, Psychic, or Ghost before going to bed. They might just give you nightmares.

And as a bonus I might as well post the video on how that very spooky Banette doll featured in the Ghost video was crafted. This one can also be just a bit scary.

God these are badass

Got some neat stuff here. Pokemon as different Pokemon characters!

From various games:

From Gen V:
EclLPF0.png

I could only traced as far back as cheezburger.com so if you know the true source please let me know.

And something from the reveals this week:
Z4aBIv5.png

By SAP/GLAD on tumblr

As a followup to the Pokemon 20th Anniversary video series I posted above the creator recently released a special Sun and Moon video!

A cool detail I noticed is that types are being shown in the reverse order of the video series.

Last edited:
tumblr_ofs8hjFl0q1vuweuwo2_540.png

Incineroar, lookin' badass like he usually does.

Honestly, the art style reminds me of the eye catches from Gurren Lagann.

This is fantastic! I love the details in the head and the use of only three colors. I can see what you mean in reference to TTGL with the intensity in the face and especially in the eye.

Also remember to add sources for pics posted in here :p

A few of you probably already know about this thing and that's not good enough!

This is an ongoing project where an artist redesigns every line to be Fire/Fighting: Fire/Fight Dex

Here are a few examples:
tumblr_oen5utZnuB1vh1e04o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ofelctCpnq1vh1e04o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohd8mqS5b81vh1e04o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
@SirOni One of the Skitty-leaders looks like Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist. Which reminds me, one of my team members in Alpha Sapphire was a Skitty nicknamed "Al's cat".

Anyhow, what I love about the Pokémon fandom is that despite how big it is, we don't have a bad reputation. Everything else popular nowadays gets people on Tumblr blacklisting it, people on deviantART making fan-hater stamps, people on YouTube comments complaining whenever they see something remotely related to it...

Fanfiction, as a medium, deserves more respect. People write long novels for fun, but it gets swept under the rug in favour of laughing at bad things. Enter ScytheRider and his Pokémon-world-without-humans-set works Silver Resistance and Eon Fable. He takes the Pokémon lore and reinterprets it, and also interprets game mechanics in a way that makes sense outside of a video game. His writing is so detailed that I honestly don't know how he does it.

But... I haven't got around to finishing either so far, because they're so long. If you don't have the patience to read long chapters, especially on a site as user-unfriendly as Fanfiction.net, I'd recommend Pokémon Environmental Study, another fanfic that reinterprets game information.

All three fanfics are rated T, by the way.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom