• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post your favorite Pokemon anime quotes!

Man oh man, those quotes are really inspirational. I doubt that any 10- year old could speak as maturely as Ash did then.
This is what being a true Pokemon Master is all about. Not about the amount of battles you win, not about the power of your Pokemon, but about how much compassion and love you show for people, the world and Pokemon.

However, in my opinion, Ash has been a Pokemon Master since the second generation.. after all saving the world is his cup of tea, and he's shown plenty of spirit. Ash always had the required qualities in him.
Beautiful. If someone looked at that speech about everyone's tomorrows without seeing the Lumiose Conference or hearing anything about it, I'm certain that a majority would think he won. That's the quote of a true Pokémon Master.

Who cares about that league, he's gonna come out of this as a hero to the whole region and as a trainer admired by the one who beat him. Not bad for a runner up!

Fire and Ice
Misty: "The Joys all look exactly the same to me... How can you tell the one from the other Brock?"

Brock: "What your eyes don't see is very clear to me!"

Misty: "Brock is a poet. I didn't know it."

Mewtwo Returns
Ash: "Oh no, it's raining!"

Brock: "Hey, I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan... (puts pan above his head) as a drying pan!"

I do love the drying pan, but I feel my personal favorite Brock quote is a bit underrated.
AG 77 A Fan with a Plan
Brock: "The ladies will love me! A domestic god! "

Adding another one I just saw:
BW 126 Crowning the Scalchop King!
Cilan: "Hmm I don't think I could become a scalchop connoisseur if I wanted to"

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's dialogue from a particular episode but it's included in the song "Together Forever":

Ash: C'mon you guys, I've gotta get another badge!
Misty: You better figure out how to repay me for my broken bike, Ash Ketchum!
Brock: Oh no, not this again...
Pikachu: Pikachu...

That little bit of dialogue perfectly encapsulates the good banter of these three and the nostalgia I feel for the Original Series. I love that they actually put it in a song.

Then there's of course Mewtwo's quote from Mewtwo Strikes Back:

Mewtwo: The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

“COOOOOOOOOL!!!!” - James in “Battle Aboard the St. Anne”
“What your eyes don’t see, is very clear to me.” - Brock in “Fire and Ice”
“Could it be from...this young man here?” - Harley in “Hi Ho Silver Wind!” (this one is mainly because of the way Andrew Rannells delivers it)
“These donuts are great! Jelly-filled are my favorite! Nothing beats a jelly-filled donut!” - Brock in “Primeape Goes Bananas”
“GOD DAMN!” - Lt. Surge in Japanese version of “Electric Shock Showdown”
“Thanks for the encouragement! Bye, Team Rocket!” - Misty in “Electric Shock Showdown”
“Check out my Spoink!” - Ash in (I forget what episode this is from but I wanted to be nice to the TPCi dub for a change)
“Oh, funny! Who told you that one? Professor Oak?” - James in “The Crystal Onix”
“We have to fill a half-hour” - Jessie in “Hypno’s Naptime”
“Ah, I bet I know what that is! A handsome guy detector!” - Brock in “Hypno’s Naptime”
“It’s Butch, he’s a bit sensitive about that.” - James in “The Mystery is History”

This following exchange always makes me laugh my head off. Dan Green hamming it up is always welcome in my books.

Byron:
Look.
Roark:
Somebody dug this hole!
Byron:
I don't believe it! *long pause* And still, I love this hole! *everyone else facefaults*
Ash:
You do? What do you mean?
Byron:
Give it a good look! Look how perfectly shaped it is! How it slopes gently downwards! Whoever dug this hole has the skill and craftsmanship of a fearsome hole-digger! *everyone else facefaults* I just got to track down the artisan who did this! Imagine what this can do for excavations!
Roark:
Hey, Dad! you better have a look over there!
Byron:
It can't be! *points to another hole* Closer examination reveals this hole was dug by a machine. *everyone else facefaults*
Brock:
Not that!
Roark:
Can't you see that all of your fossils have been STOLEN?!
Byron:
Stolen? Nooo! My precious fossil collection is gone!

“She can violate my rights anytime.” - Brock in “The School of Hard Knocks
“OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!” - Raymond Mewtwo Strikes Back (Japanese version)
“Chill out, Snorlax. Looks like you’ve got a case of the munchies.” - Old Man in “Wake Up, Snorlax!”
“SURE! BEST FRIENDS LIKE YOU!!!” - Jessie in “Enter Galactic!”
“Nurse Joy and Nurse Joy and I...” - Nurse Joy in “Deceit and Assist!”
“How’s this for a big hand, Nurse Joy? Here’s two of ‘em!” “Here’s one of mine!” “AAAAAOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!! *quietly* Not the ear!” - Brock and Max in “Deceit and Assist!”
“You grew up right purty yourself, miss! *laughs like an inbred hick* What’s the name of this here place?” - Brock in “The Flame Pokémon-thon!”
“I hate to do this to you but I hate exercise.” - Melvin the Magician in “March of the Exeggutor Squad”
“They’re bigger losers than the guy who invented homework!” - James in “The Problem with Paras”

Last edited:
During the Princess Day Festival
James: "What choice do you have? All you have is Arbok..."
Jessie: "That's not exactly accurate!"
James: *Huge gasp* "Jessie, please! Don't take Weezing!"
Meowth: "You'll never win with just two Pokémon!"
Jessie: "You seem to be forgetting something..."
Meowth: "Oh..."

*Epic 15 second staredown between Jessie and Meowth*

Meowth: "Aaah! I'm a Pokémon too! Eh..."

Pokémon! I Choose You!
Ash's Pokédex: "A Forest Pokémon, Rattata. It likes cheese, nuts, fruits, and berries."
Ash: "Yeah, but this isn't a forest. It's an open field!"
Ash's Pokédex: "It also comes out into open fields to steal food from stupid travelers."
Ash: "That means...I'm stupid?"
*Pikachu Laughs*

Battling a Cute Drama!
Brock: "You're being inappropriate!"

And this is coming from Brock of all people.

Pokémon Shipwreck
James: "I'm James, your Master. Obey me."
*Gyarados roars*
*James whimpers*
Jessie: "Dimwit! If you're the master, don't act like you're scared of it!"
James: "I am scared!"

Gymbaliar!
*Croagunk croaking*
James: "Wonder what that's about."
Meowth: "You guys are all so boring. What a boring buncha big fat bores. How do ya stand it? That's what it's sayin'."
Jessie/James: "How rude!"

Going for the Gold!
Jessie/Meowth: "We're blastin' off again!"
James: "Wobbuffet!"

Last edited:
James: "Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"

Brock: "All right Ash, a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do, and these two men are gonna do it with or without a good woman at their sides!"

Ash: "Yeah that’s what I like to hear!"

Brock: "Huh?"

“I love playing with toys, but now, playtime’s over!” - Lt. Surge in “Electric Shock Showdown”
“You mean there’s a new kind of Pokémon called ‘therapy’?” - Ash in “Chikorita’s Big Upset”
“Wow! Jessie evolved into a Flareon!” - Meowth in “The Battling Eevee Brothers”
“You...are pathetic!” - Misty (referring to Brock) in “The Case of The K-9 Caper!”
“A cartoon character? Like that could ever happen!” - Ash in “Beach Blanket Blastoise”
“Not remarkable at all.” - Mr. Sukizo in “A Hurdle for Squirtle”
“I can’t look exactly like myself, or those photographers would be swarming around me like Beedrill!” - James (disguised as Norman) in “Hi Ho Silver Wind!”
“Not that I actually care or anything, but, how come the big twerp’s back in town?” - Jessie in “A Tent Situation”
“I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!” - James in “The Fortune Hunters”
“Come on, Botch. You want a piece of me?” - James in “The Fortune Hunters”
“Bet you didn’t know Wobbuffet could fly like that, did you?” - Festival crasher in “Wobba-Palooza!”
“That Casey's gonna be a very interesting young lady. I wonder if she has a sister." - Brock in “The Double Trouble Header”
“How dense can a person possibly be?!?” - Sabrina’s father in “Haunter vs. Kadabra”
“Grrr...JAMES IS STANDING RIGHT HERE!!!!” - Misty in “Holy Matrimony”

Last edited:
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Ash: "Is this what sludge smells like? It really stinks!"
*Grimer start to get mad*
Brock: "Ash, don't say anything that might insult their Pokémon pride or we'll make them mad!"
Ash: "I'm sorry, you have such a unique scent; I should've known it was the aroma of sludge."
Misty: "YOU CAN CALL IT WHATEVER YOU WANT BUT IT STILL STINKS!"
*Ash and Brock cover Misty's mouth*
Ash/Brock: "Shut up, Misty!"

The Ultimate Test

James: "With this I can't lose! Thunder Shock! Thunderbolt! I've been destroyed by Pikachu's attacks so many times, I know them all by heart!" *Laughs madly*
Jessie: "That's kind of pathetic when you think about it."
Meowth: "Yeah..."

Two Hits and a Miss
Ash: "Shihan. I think I had that once at a Chinese restaurant."
*everyone face faults*
Brock: "Don't you know anything? A Shihan is the master teacher in a dojo!"
Ash: "I thought it was chicken in a garlic sauce."
Kenzo: "You're confusing me with General Tso..."

“Eeek! It’s my childhood nanny! What was she doing here?” - James in “Why? Wynaut?”
“Someone always calls during my soap operas!” - Professor Oak in “Don’t Touch That ‘Dile!” (this line is so out of character that I can’t help but enjoy it)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom