• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post your favorite Pokemon anime quotes!

ZigZag Zangoose
"I understand. I suppose everyone has one person in the world they wish they could abandon on an island or throw down a Raticate hole.... Cassidy for instance!!"-Jessie
"Cassidy?!"-James/Meowth
"Oh! She's the one I turned to pieces if I half a chance!"

“It’s scary!” “And hairy!” “And looks like my cousin, Larry!” - Jessie, James, and Meowth, respectively, in “Jump for Joy!”
“But I wanted to look at the pretty train some more!” - Cilan in “Crisis from the Underground Up!”
“Do we gotta do da routine every time... I'm an old woman, I'm too tired!“ - Meowth in “Fight for the Meteorite!”
“Our precious Meowth was hurt in a bizarre yodelling accident when za poor dear fellow fell off its clogs.” - Jessie in “Delcatty Got Your Tongue?”
“UGLY UGLY UGLY!!! JESSIE IS SO UGLY!” - James in “The Bicker The Better”
“Choip! Choip!” - Meowth (imitating Wingull) in “That’s Just Swellow”
“It just didn’t seem right to take it from behind!” - James in “The Scuffle of Legends”
“It pays to have protection!” - JJM in “Having a Wailord of a Time”
“DO YOU THINK I’M SOME KIND OF IDIOT?!!? WHAT HAVE YOU TWO DONE WITH MY TORCHIIIIIIC??!!!!!??” - May in “Having a Wailord of a Time”
“If he's your husband then I assume you're his wife and that kind of wrecks my plans for the future!” - Brock in “Where’s Armaldo?”
“What a creep...and you dress weird!” May in “Deceit and Assist!”
“Team Rocket’s ‘Blaustein’ off again!!!” - Meowth in “Pasta la Vista!” (A subtle but nice way to mark the end of 4Kids’ tenure)

Pokémon Fashion Flash
Misty: "Ha! Anyway, Psyduck and I are so cute we'll look good whatever fashion we wear!"

Ash: "I'm sure Psyduck will."

Also this part got a good chuckle out of me...
Misty: "What took you guys so long?"

Ash and Brock: "What happened to her face?"
Misty: "Dumb boys."

Plant It Now... Diglett Later
The Mayor (Disguised): "Hold on! Don't listen to those old fools! They'll just talk you in circles until you're as confused as they are!"

Ash: "Who are you?"

The Mayor (Disguised): "We're a band of Diglett thieves known as the 'Band of Diglett thieves'!"

Jessie: "Now there's an original name."

The Mayor (Disguised): "We used to be known by a much more creative name but those old fogies in there just kept getting confused."

Misty: "Oh, that makes sense."

Last edited:
“Hi! I’m May, and I wanna be a top Coordinatah!” - Meowth (in disguise as May) in “A Double Dilemma!”
“Stupid contest must have been rigged or something! Ugh!!!!” - Harley in “A Hurdle for Squirtle” (Andrew Rannells’ final words as Harley, but what a way to go out!)
“What is ‘Hi-hi, Psyduck, Arbok’?” - Rotomdex in “Loading the Dex!”
“Don’t mention that name!” - Brock in “A Tent Situation”
“GYAAAAAAAHHHHHH IT’S GONE BALD!!!!!” - Kiawe in “Alola, Kanto!”
“You’re Miss Liza, the therapist!!!”, “That explains why we’re here....” - Brock and Max in “I Feel Skitty!”
“Oh, I hate the idea of there being dishonesty around here...” - Harley in “Hi Ho Silver Wind!” (Have I ever told you how much I miss Andy Rannells?)
“Are you Norman’s mom?” - little boy (referring to Jessie in disguise) in “Hi Ho Silver Wind!”
“KOYLIA!” - Meowth (disguised as Kirlia) in “Do I Hear A Ralts?”
“I haven’t seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad.” - James in “Pokémon: Spell of the Unown”
“Why do you think? ‘Cause I knew you’d fall for it!” - Harley in “A Cacturne for the Worse”

Flower Power
Misty: "Maybe we can relax and do some sightseeing while we're here."
Brock: "Misty, I can't relax in a city full of girls that need to be protected!"
Misty: "Protected from you."

Showdown at Dark City
Ash: "Now first you have to fix everything you broke in this town."
Yas and Kaz: "At once, Tom Ato."
Ash: "Huh? I should've picked a better name."

Last edited:
The Rivalry Revival
Meowth: "Hey, you two, look sharp!" [points with his claw]
James: "Sure does!"

Clefairy Tales
Ash: "Hey, the ice cream's disappeared, too! I never got to taste the chocolate..."
Misty: "We can always get more chocolate ice cream, Ash, but what about our backpacks?"
Ash: "Can we get peach?!"

Dig Those Diglett!
Misty: "Don't tell me we're lost again..."
Brock: "Okay. I won't tell you."

A Maze-ing Race!
Dawn: "Pardon me for living. Bye."

There's more but these ones make me laugh every dang time.

Last edited:
i'm searching through some liveblogs i've made to find some, i'll be presenting these in screencap form cause i feel like it adds to it sometimes (hoping the second one isn't a case of inaccurate translation because it reminds me a LOT of king dedede in the kirby anime, notable for being a self-proclaimed evil dictator iirc)

are you here to challenge me, little man?
oh, my! it so happens that the revengers' boss is the greedy monster from hell, bourgain!
fail branch chief.

i might have more but i can't be bothered to look for em at the moment, whatever

i'm searching through some liveblogs i've made to find some, i'll be presenting these in screencap form cause i feel like it adds to it sometimes (hoping the second one isn't a case of inaccurate translation because it reminds me a LOT of king dedede in the kirby anime, notable for being a self-proclaimed evil dictator iirc)

are you here to challenge me, little man?
oh, my! it so happens that the revengers' boss is the greedy monster from hell, bourgain!' boss is the greedy monster from hell, bourgain!
fail branch chief.

i might have more but i can't be bothered to look for em at the moment, whatever
OMG THEY SAID H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS!!!
I assume this was sub right?

I’ve been on an Advanced Generation kick lately, so here’s some great ones I’ve found…

“Is…creaking and leaking a good thing?” - James in “The Relicanth Really Can”
“Dat was just a really bad comedy routine” - Meowth in “Once In A Mawile”
“Here it comes, dance like an eggplant!”, “We’re eggplants!”, “Not two guys in costumes at all!” - James and Ash in “Claydol Big And Tall”
“Duh, here I am! I’m comin’ everybody!” - Jessie (disguised as Anthony) in “Deceit and Assist!”
“YOW! DAT’S COLD!!!!” - Anthony in “Deceit and Assist!”
“The wrath of a Grass Pokémon? Couldn’t be worse than Jessie on a bad hair day.” - James in “Grass Hysteria”
“Jessie, home bases can’t talk.” - James in “A Scare To Remember”
“I didn’t know Zigzagoon could evolve into humans.” - May in “In The Knicker Of Time!”
“So, is it a water type?” - Ash (referring to Treecko) in “Get The Show On The Road!”
"More wobbling, put some swagger into it like this, stumbling down the street like an old man ready to fall down at any moment!” - Jessie in “Going For A Spinda”
“I knew I shoulda been Max!” - Meowth in “A Double Dilemma!”
“My backside is peachy-keen, thank you!” - James in “The Bicker The Better”
“Ready for some shameless self-promotion?” - Jessie in “Showdown at Linoone”
“Do you think I’m blind?!?” “That would explain the hair.” - Jessie and James in “Jirachi: Wish Maker”
“Enough about your wardrobe malfunction!” - Meowth in “A Poké-Block Party!”
“Am I a sissy if I don’t?” - James in “Which Wurmple’s Which?” (LOL, they’d never get away with this line now!)
“Mud.” “Kip.” - Two Mudkip in “A Mudkip Mission”
“Yes, Watt, that was the plan, but its roar reminds me of my sixth grade teacher so I couldn't let go." - Wattson in “Watt’s With Wattson”

And some more that aren’t from AG:

“Thank my Pikachu, Puka.” - Victor in “The Pi-Kahuna” (something about David Brimmer’s delivery of this line is hilarious to me for some reason)
“That Geodude has no eyebrows.” “Are you saying those are eyebrows?” - Lana and Sophocles in “Alola, Kanto!”
“Surrender to my pirouette or prepare to fight!” - James in “Johto Photo Finish”
“But, Jess, I’ve got a certain fondness for that man-eater.” - James in “Here’s Lookin’ At You, Elekid!” (what an awful title, by the way)
“Plus, the REAL Nurse Joy is beautiful, and her mouth moves when she speaks!” - Brock in “Hatch Me If You Can”
“Everyone loves balloons.” - Brock in “A Claim To Flame!”
“Ah…Florinda. What a beautiful name for a wife!” - Brock in “Make Room For Gloom”
“Cheer up, Brock, you’ll find plenty of girls to reject you!” - Ash in “Make Room For Gloom”
“You may want a mint.” - Nurse Joy in “Gotta Catch Ya Later!”
“This is like a sequel to a movie I missed.” - James in “Mewtwo Returns”
“Hey, I know. I’ll use my trusty frying pan…as a drying pan!” - Brock in “Mewtwo Returns”

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom