• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Postcard from Lockdown

END OF DAY 22: 21 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 723 new cases (5385 active cases) 105 lives lost.

Today was the darkest day in the fight against coronavirus, in which there were 723 new cases here in Victoria and sadly 13 lives were lost, 10 of which were in aged care homes across Melbourne. With the increase in cases, chances of lockdown ending in a couple of weeks are getting more and more remote by the day. It looks like the second wave of coronavirus is taking its toll. What is disgusting is that tomorrow at the Shrine of Remembrance, there will be anti-mask protests, mostly by right-wing conspiracy theorists (as you may remember from my post from a couple of days ago, have cited the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as the reason why they are not wearing masks, even though the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is NOT enshrined in Australian law, and how many of these people who cite this document believe in human rights for everyone?). Black Lives Matter protests forbidden, but anti-mask conspiracy theorists protests are allowed is beyond me?

In just a few hours, new restrictions will come into force in the local government areas of Colac-Otway, Greater Geelong, Surf Coast, Moorabool, Golden Plains and the Borough of Queenscliffe (you can check out the restrictions for these areas at Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Updated restrictions - announced 30 July).

As you may remember a couple of weeks ago, my laptop crashed, wiping everything (including the operating system), including the password to my previous account (indigohex2). Well, the good news is that it was fixed with a new hard drive, so I am using it as a spare in case something happens to this one. I did a lot of the online course today, and in fact, I have just finished it. I am looking for a new one to keep me sane, as well as learn something new.

Sometimes, something that is massive and that occurs on a global level makes you reflect on what you want to do with your life. And no doubt coronavirus is making me reflect on my life. Throughout this journal, you may be aware that I hope to teach English in South Korea. Well, throughout the coronavirus pandemic, I have been questioning whether it is a good idea (I struggled in a TESOL course I did last year, so I am wondering if teaching English is for me), and while going to Korea is still a goal for me, I am beginning to wonder should I do a course there and hopefully get a job there afterwards, or stick with my intended goal of teaching English. I know there are a lot of videos on YouTube about people getting non-teaching jobs in Korea, including the media. I remember in 2016, I hosted a show on campus radio and I enjoyed it, so I feel that the media may be a better option for me.

TOMORROW: Study Korean and listen to the radio.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 23: 20 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 627 new cases (5743 active cases) 113 lives lost

Today was another dark day for Victoria with 627 new cases in Victoria and 8 lives lost in the past 24 hours. There is word coming from the media that an announcement to make lockdown more strict in Melbourne will be made in the next couple of days, pending an agreement between the Victorian Government and the Federal Government. As Australians know, the Federal Government (led by the Liberal* Party led by Prime Minister Scott "Scotty from Marketing" Morrison) has been placing greater emphasis on opening up the economy following the first wave of coronavirus, which was in my honest opinion to be too soon to open the economy. For example, in my honest opinion, you can rebuild the economy after the coronavirus, but lives cannot be replaced, and I think saving people's lives should take precedent over saving the economy. Look what happened in the United States of America and several other countries, in which their leaders opened up too soon.

But unfortunately, the extreme right (the Church of the United Kingdom of Australia) protested against wearing masks at the Shrine of Remembrance this morning, and even though I am against war, I feel for war veterans, in which these far-right wing conspiracy theorists chose a site in which the war dead are remembered to push their poisonous and selfish views.

But on a lighter note, Prof. Brett Sutton (who is the Chief Medical Officer here in Victoria) is developed a cult following throughout Australia, with people designing merchandise with his face on it (not endorsed by Prof. Brett Sutton), and this was mentioned on The Project last night.

For me, I have started a new online course (to keep me sane in what could likely be an extended lockdown here in Melbourne) and listened to the radio. I also watched some television tonight. I am currently listening to a podcast I just downloaded from player.fm and looking at the latest news from the region.

TOMORROW: I will be listening to the radio, and following the news on coronavirus here in Victoria (extended lockdown to be announced sometime in the next couple of days).

See you tomorrow.

* The Liberal Party in Australia is actually conservative and not liberal.

Shout outs from Perth LOL! Today I went to a local cafe for breakfast with my gf and her friend and the place was totally packed and everyone was having a good time.

Gunna keep that border closed forever and declare ourselves independent :)

END OF DAY 24: 19 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST???
Cases In Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 397 new cases (5919 active cases) 116 lives lost.

Firstly, I am so jealous of you McGeeforShee as Perth is currently not in lockdown, but you could soon be in lockdown. We can only get takeaway here due to restrictions here in Melbourne.

Seriously, as early as tomorrow, we could find out if lockdown becomes more strict here in Melbourne. There are idiots here in Melbourne, including one who drove from Melbourne to Wodonga just to get a Big Mac who is ruining it for everyone, and as a result of these idiots, we could be in more strict lockdown. Some of these people are just plain selfish, putting their own interests ahead of the interests of the community as a whole.

So what would a more strict lockdown look like? There is a possibility that everything but the essentials (supermarkets, pharmacies and doctor's clinics) will be forced to shut their doors, and shopping will be limited to weekly. Currently, only a limited number of people can be in stores, but at my local shopping centre (Watergardens), almost all the speciality stores are closed, as well as beauty salons and laser clinics (who needs those sort of stores anyway?). Exercise will also be limited (it is currently one of four valid reasons to be outside your home). We Melbourians will find out as early as tomorrow morning if Melbourne goes into a more strict lockdown. I feel that I am prepared for a more strict lockdown, as I don't need to go out as much.

I mostly listened to the radio today, as well as an online course. I also watched some television tonight.

I haven't done this before, but I will share some of the statistics from the Department of Health and Human Services here in Victoria (where I get the statistics you see at the top of each and every post I make), and if you're a resident of Brimbank (which includes Yours Truly), it's not good news with Brimbank having the highest amount of active cases with 684 active cases, followed by Wyndham with 676 active cases and Hume with 462 active cases. But ever, Wyndham is on top with 1133 confirmed cases throughout the pandemic, followed by Brimbank at 1060 and Hume with 968 (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 1 August 2020).

TOMORROW: Listen to the radio.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 25: 42 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 671 new cases (6322 active cases) 123 lives lost

Firstly, I need to acknowledge something. As you may be aware, last night's post had 19 days to go until lockdown ends, yet tonight, it says 42 days to go. This is NOT A MISTAKE, as Melbourne is now in a State of Disaster (Stage 4 restrictions), and I am now under curfew (2000-0500 every night), and now we have another 42 days to go...at least? The State of Disaster started at 1800 tonight (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Premier's statement on changes to Melbourne’s restrictions). I think this is because some people (mostly right-wing conspiracy theorists, but some selfish people as well) decided to bend the rules, and now everyone has to pay the price. For example, a couple of nights ago, I put up how someone drove from Dandenong to South Yarra for a 7-11 coffee, and last night, someone from Melbourne to Wodonga for a Big Mac. Well, there are repercussions from these selfish acts, and now we pay the price for these examples of selfishness.

In case you are wondering, the new restrictions (from the Department of Health and Human Services) are:

• Victoria will enter a State of Disaster from 6pm on 2 August until Sunday 13 September. This will give police additional powers to make sure people are complying with public health directions.
  • Melbourne will move to stage 4 restrictions from 6pm on 2 August 2020.
  • A curfew will be implemented across Melbourne from 8pm to 5am. The only reason to leave home during these times will be work, medical care and caregiving.
  • New duration, distance and gathering limits will apply to shopping and exercise. Exercise will be limited to one hour a day within a five-kilometre radius of your home. Group size will be limited to two, regardless of if you are in the same household or not.
  • Shopping for essentials will be limited to one person per household per day. A five-kilometre limit will apply.
  • Regional Victoria will move to stage 3 restrictions from 11.59pm Wednesday 5 August 2020. There will only be four reasons to leave home; for food and supplies, medical care and caregiving, exercise and work or study, if you can’t work or study from home.
  • Mitchell Shire will remain at stage 3 restrictions.
  • All Victorian students will move to remote learning from Wednesday 5 August.
  • From 11:59pm on Sunday 2 August 2020 all Victorian’s must wear a face covering when leaving home.
We will get more information tomorrow when the next press conference will take place tomorrow morning. These restrictions will only affect Metropolitan Melbourne, with regional Victoria (including Mitchell Shire Council) going to Stage 3 on Thursday. If you would like to see the full statistics from today, you can check out this website (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus (COVID-19) daily update).

Today was mostly waiting for the press conference, which occurred at 1430 today when the new restrictions were announced. I also had issues with the internet this morning due to Telstra being affected by an error, which caused the internet to go down, but it was back up early this afternoon.

TOMORROW: Homework Club is on tomorrow (via Zoom), and I will be watching television tomorrow night.

See you tomorrow, when it is 41 days until the end of lockdown.

END OF DAY 26: 41 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 429 new cases (6489 active cases) 136 lives lost

Well, it is Day 2 of Stage 4 restrictions (which includes a curfew between 2000 and 0500), and once again, it is curfew. Today, the press conference was at around 1530, which meant I only watched the first 15 minutes or so of the press conference before Homework Club began, so I missed the jest of it, but I got the basic information of businesses that are required to close (which you can view at the following website- Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Premier's statement on business restrictions). As mentioned last night, pharmacies and supermarkets are to remain open, but with supermarkets, closure will be at 1945, 15 minutes before curfew begins. On the other hand, hardware stores (such as Bunnings) will be closed to the public, as well as beauty salons and hairdressers. Again, you can read it on the Press Release from Daniel Andrews on the link embedded in this paragraph.

Today was Homework Club day (being Monday). Apart from that (and watching television tonight and going for a quick walk this afternoon), there was nothing much over the past day (although I am listening to a podcast from Australian Foreign Affairs, which I am listening to at this precise moment about Australia's dependence on the United States).

TOMORROW: I will be reading and studying Korean. I will also be keeping up with the news from around the world.

See you tomorrow.

Last edited:
END OF DAY 27: 40 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 439 new cases (6706 active cases) 147 lives lost

We are almost at the end of the first month of lockdown here in Melbourne, and it is more strict than it originally was. As you may remember last month, Melbourne was at Stage 3 restrictions, and now we are at Stage 4, which includes a curfew from 2000-0500. It was absolutely freezing this morning, and when I went for a walk, it was around 6 degrees Celsius. AND IT WAS AROUND 1300 WHEN I WENT FOR THE WALK. I later did a short course online. Tonight, I watched television, and then listened to the radio. I am currently listening to a podcast I just downloaded.

I will go through some of the statistics (courtesy of the following link: Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 4 August 2020). NOTE: The following list is the top 10 local government areas, please click on the above link for more information.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREACONFIRMED CASES (EVER)ACTIVE CASES (CURRENTLY)
WYNDHAM1290766
BRIMBANK1192749
HUME1054491
WHITTLESEA723464
MELTON619404
MORELAND680376
CASEY539310
MELBOURNE692298
MOONEE VALLEY584232
MARIBYRNONG350206
UNKNOWN CASES190186
TOTAL123356706
And while there are 6706 active cases here in Victoria, I should acknowledge that 5283 people have recovered from coronavirus.

TOMORROW: I will be attending a webinar tomorrow night.

See you tomorrow.

Last edited:
END OF DAY 28: 39 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 725 new cases (7227 active cases) 162 lives lost (+15 today)

Today was the darkest day for Victoria in the pandemic with 725 new cases (a record) and 15 deaths (a record). And while we are now under curfew (its past 2200 here in Melbourne), Stage 4 restrictions officially begins tonight. I watched Seven News at 4 this afternoon, and they showed images of CityLink at 2100 last night...GHOST TOWN. Seriously, I remember one time (I think it was last year), I was driving on CityLink (the western section that continues on from the Tullamarine Freeway) and there was more traffic on CityLink at midnight that night than at 2100 last night.

There were also rumors today that Prof. Brett Sutton resigned as Victoria's Chief Medical Officer, but from what I am hearing, it is not true and that he is taking a few days off.

Today, I went to the webinar that was out of Tasmania (I watched it from Melbourne through the magic of Zoom), and it was very good. I also watched some television tonight (just watched Retrograde, and next week is the last episode, and the end I felt a bit jealous for the characters).

For those who (like me) are from Melbourne, guidelines for Stage 4 restrictions are now available from the Department of Health and Human Services Victoria website (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Stage 4 restrictions). And remember, curfew is from 2000-0500. Regional Victoria (including Mitchell Shire Council) moves to Stage 3 restrictions (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Stage 3 restrictions).

And now, the return of the table (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 5 August 2020).

LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREACONFIRMED CASES (EVER)CURRENT CASES (ACTIVE)
WYNDHAM1397860
BRIMBANK1251791
HUME1114528
WHITTLESEA780509
MELTON658434
MORELAND714394
CASEY564326
MELBOURNE703299
MOONEE VALLEY598238
MARIBYRNONG383234
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN206201
TOTAL130357227

TOMORROW: I am attending another webinar tomorrow night.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 29: 38 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 471 new cases (7449 active cases) 170 lives lost (+8 lives lost)

Firstly, I didn't mention this last night, but yesterday was 4 weeks into the second lockdown here in Melbourne (it was Stage 3 at the time), and now we are into Week 5. 471 new cases over the past 24 hours, meaning there is 7449 active cases and closing to 1.8 million tests. I watched the news today, and the city was more like a ghost town with many businesses closed due to Stage 4 restrictions.

I went for a walk early this afternoon, and it was pretty quiet in the neighbourhood. I also attended a webinar which was about the outlook for nuclear disarmament (which coincidentally was held on the 75th anniversary of the dropping of the nuclear bomb on Hiroshima), and we should ban all nuclear weapons in my honest opinion. I watched a bit of television, before listening to the radio after 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (which I watched on SBS Viceland).

And now the grim table of the top 10 local government areas in Victoria (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 6 August 2020)

WYNDHAM1466906
BRIMBANK1304813
HUME1166559
WHITTLESEA806518
MELBOURNE715294
MORELAND715386
MELTON687449
MOONEE VALLEY616246
CASEY579330
DAREBIN394233
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN213206
TOTAL134697449
As you may be aware, people are learning new skills during lockdown, and there was an interesting article on the website of The Economist which I saw earlier tonight about people learning a new instrument (The benefits of learning an instrument in lockdown, you may have to register to access the article). I remember when I was in primary school, I took keyboard classes (at school), but I stopped at the end of Grade 4. I am learning a language, which I will do tomorrow (after putting it off for the past week) with the goal of moving overseas in the next couple of years.

TOMORROW: Learning Korean, and keeping up to date with the news.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 30: 37 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 450 new cases (7637 active cases) 181 lives lost (+8 deaths)

Well, 30 days since lockdown begun here in Melbourne. Looking back at the past month, I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do in the first month, but I will get around to do it in the next couple of weeks. And I learned a bit of history on the forums tonight in regards to the 1918 flu. Everyone knows that there has been anti-mask protests occurring around the world, but this also happened in 1918.

Firstly, I did some of the online course, and I might take a break from it over the weekend and concentrate on learning Korean over the weekend. I also watched some television tonight and checked out the latest news from around the world. I am also wondering what I would do next year as it is unlikely that I will be able to go overseas to teach English or to study, as Australia's borders are unlikely to open until mid-2021 at the earliest. This could give me more time to learn Korean.

And now, the grim reality of the the top 10 Local Government Areas (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 07 August 2020)

WYNDHAM1496910
BRIMBANK1375849
HUME1195567
WHITTLESEA830526
MORELAND738401
MELTON732484
MELBOURNE719295
MOONEE VALLEY624245
CASEY596343
DAREBIN413245
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN217206
TOTAL138677637

TOMORROW: I will be listening to the radio tomorrow.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 31: 36 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 466 new cases (7808 active cases) 193 deaths (+12 deaths)

It is the end of Day 31, and I don't want to curse my home town (Melbourne) and my home state (Victoria), but I think the cases are stabilising (expect a big jump tomorrow). Sadly, 12 deaths in the past 24 hours, including a man in his 30s. We are now close to 1.8 million tests for coronavirus.

Today, I mainly listened to the radio during the day and watched a bit of television tonight (Only Connect, which is a UK game show that airs on SBS Viceland seems a bit hard to understand, but I am getting used to it). And finally, I got around to study Korean, which I will be doing a lot of tomorrow. Apart from that (and watching the press conference from our Premier this morning) and going for a walk, I didn't do much today.

And now the grim figures for today, and it is the top 10 local government areas (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 08 August 2020):
WYNDHAM1539920
BRIMBANK1430863
HUME1237590
WHITTLESEA874557
MORELAND751404
MELTON747488
MELBOURNE729296
MOONEE VALLEY636253
CASEY607349
DAREBIN425254
INTERSTATE9313
OVERSEAS61
UNKNOWN227211
TOTAL142837808

TOMORROW: Study Korean and listen to the radio.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 32: 35 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 394 new cases (7854 active cases) 210 lives lost (+17 deaths)

Today is a bitter sweet day. New cases fell below 400, but was our deadliest day of the pandemic thus far, with 17 lives lost in the previous 24 hours. Today, some selfish people took part in anti-mask protests, with some claiming that it was about free speech, but the question is how many of these protesters would protest against treatment of First Nations people or refugees and asylum seekers? And how many of them would allow others to protest against treatment of First Nations people or refugees and asylum seekers?

Today, I mostly listened to the radio and watched some television tonight, and I also went for a walk around my suburb (I was within 5 kilometres from home and wore a mask).

And now, the dreaded Top 10 local government areas here in Victoria (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 09 August 2020):
WYNDHAM1600942
BRIMBANK1475878
HUME1254578
WHITTLESEA896560
MELTON761466
MORELAND777413
CASEY629357
MELBOURNE752310
MARIBYRNONG441263
DAREBIN429249
INTERSTATE9413
OVERSEAS61
UNKNOWN225208
TOTAL146597854

TOMORROW: It's Monday, so Homework Club (via Zoom) and other activities, which I don't know yet.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 33: 34 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 322 new cases (7869 active cases) 228 lives lost (+19 in past 24 hours)

Today here in Victoria, it was mixed with cases going down to 322 new cases (overall tally increased by 298 cases due to 24 cases being reclassified, largely due to duplication), but sadly 19 lives were lost in the past 24 hours: one man in his 50s, one woman in her 60s, two men in their 70s, six women in their 80s, one man in his 80s, seven women in their 90s and one man in his 90s. 14 cases were linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. The aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative cases are:
  • 188 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 171 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 146 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 125 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 106 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 97 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 93 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 88 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
  • 79 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
  • 78 cases have been linked to Aurrum Aged Care in Plenty
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
  • 201 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 133 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
  • 114 cases have been linked to Melbourne Health Royal Park Campus
  • 49 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
  • 44 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
  • 39 cases have been linked to Catholic Regional College in Sydenham
  • 25 cases have been linked to Multiplex Premier tower
  • 32 cases have been linked to Inghams in Thomastown
  • 27 cases have been linked to Diamond Valley Pork in Laverton North
  • 18 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendig
A new advertising campaign has been launched here in Victoria in the fight against coronavirus (if you watched the media conference this morning, you probably saw it. I saw it during the news tonight during a break).

Before starting the events of my day, I will show you the figures from the top 10 local government areas (all data in this post comes from Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 10 August 2020):

WYNDHAM1627941
BRIMBANK1501877
HUME1280585
WHITTLESEA921563
MELTON793482
MORELAND789407
MELBOURNE764311
MOONEE VALLEY652244
CASEY647354
MARIBYRNONG450267
INTERSTATE9615
OVERSEAS61
UNKNOWN225205
TOTAL149577869

So, what did I do today you may be wondering? I volunteered at homework club today and watched television tonight. I went out to do some shopping at a local shopping centre (while staying within 5 kilometres from home and wearing a mask). Apart from that, I didn't do much today.

TOMORROW: I will be attending a webinar via zoom tomorrow night.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 35: 32 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 410 new cases (7877 active cases) 269 lives lost

Firstly, if you wish to access the data from yesterday (which I didn't post due to the closure of the forums for maintaince, you can view it at the following website: Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Media Release - Coronavirus update for Victoria - Tuesday 11 August). For you, 331 new cases yesterday (an increase of 294 due to reclassification, mostly due to duplication and 19 deaths on Tuesday's figures to 246, an increase of 18 due to a death being removed due to duplication). Today was the deadliest day in Victoria during the pandemic with 21 deaths in the past 24 hours (to 269 deaths in Victoria) with 410 new cases, an overall increase of 395 due to 15 cases being reclassified, mostly due to duplication. In regards to deaths, two women in their 70’s, one man in his 70’s, six women in their 80’s, five men in their 80’s, one woman in her 90’s, five men in their 90’s and one woman in her 100’s (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Media Release - Coronavirus update for Victoria – Wednesday 12 August).

In regards to active cases in aged care facilities, they are:
  • 198 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 182 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 153 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 129 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 115 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 107 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 97 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 89 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
  • 82 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
  • 79 cases have been linked to Aurrum Aged Care in Plenty

• 202 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 123 cases have been linked to Melbourne Health Royal Park Campus
  • 60 cases have been linked to the Woolworths Distribution Centre in Mulgrave
  • 59 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
  • 29 cases have been linked to Diamond Valley Pork in Laverton North
  • 21 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
  • 18 cases have been linked to Caroline Chisholm Catholic College in Braybrook
And now the top 10 local government areas in Victoria in number of cases (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Media Release - Coronavirus update for Victoria – Wednesday 12 August)
WYNDHAM1699929
BRIMBANK1597893
HUME1313570
WHITTLESEA968548
MELTON849501
MORELAND818396
MELBOURNE780304
CASEY685356
MOONEE VALLEY669241
DAREBIN469261
INTERSTATE9412
OVERSEAS61
UNKNOWN238208
TOTAL156467877

Well, what have I been up to in the past 48 hours you may be wondering? Well, last night I went to a public webinar and listened to the radio (and doing an online course, which I also did today). I went for a walk both yesterday and today. Tonight, I watched some television (just watched the final episode of Retrograde) and I am currently listening to a podcast that I have just downloaded.

TOMORROW: Study Korean and do the online course (I need to keep sane) and watch some television tomorrow night.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 36: 31 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 278 new cases (7866 active cases) 275 lives lost (+8 deaths)

It is the end of Day 36 of the lockdown here in Melbourne, and today was the lowest number of new cases in a day for a while (278 new cases, an increase of 217 cases due to 61 cases being reclassified - largely due to duplication). Sadly, eight lives were lost in the past 24 hours. There was an interesting article on The Straits Times about Australia being on track for its lowest one day rise in 3 weeks, which you can check out here: Australia posts lowest one-day rise in Covid-19 cases in more than 3 weeks). Of the eight deaths recorded in Victoria today, one woman was in her 50's, two men were in their 70's, two women and two men were in their 80's and one man in his 90's (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 13 August 2020).

Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
  • 201 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 184 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 153 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 131 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 119 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 108 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 99 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 89 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
  • 87 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 82 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
  • 202 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 82 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
  • 61 cases have been linked to the Woolworths Distribution Centre in Mulgrave
  • 59 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
  • 45 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
  • 29 cases have been linked to Ausfresh in Broadmeadows
And now the cases in local government areas (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 13 August 2020 for the full list)
WYNDHAM1720913
BRIMBANK1614886
HUME 1331570
WHITTLESEA988553
MELTON864504
MORELAND828394
MELBOURNE786305
CASEY697354
MOONEE VALLEY668232
DAREBIN487274
INTERSTATE9310
OVERSEAS61
UNKNOWN251208
TOTAL158637866

Well, what did I do today? I went for a walk and watched some television. I am currently listening to the radio. I didn't get around to do what I hoped to do today, but tomorrow.

TOMORROW: Study Korean

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 37: 30 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 372 new cases (7877 active cases) 289 lives lost (+14 deaths)

Well, 372 new cases in the past 24 hours (an increase of 371 due to one case being reclassified) with 14 deaths (including the death of a man in his 20s), three women and two men in their 80s and four women and four men in their 90s. In the case of the man in his 20s proves that even young people can die from coronavirus (reminds me of a post in this thread of a Texan man in his 30s who died from coronavirus, despite believing it to be a hoax). 12 out of the 14 new deaths are linked to aged care facilities. Speaking of aged care, aged care facilities that has the largest outbreaks (cumulative case numbers) are as follows:
  • 203 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 187 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 154 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 130 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 123 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 108 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 101 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 91 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 90 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
  • 83 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
And now to cases that are currently linked to residential disability accommodation:
  • Total Resident cases: 21; Total Staff cases: 66
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 62 (18 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded*): 24 (3 residents)
  • Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 1
  • 203 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 83 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
  • 61 cases have been linked to the Woolworths Distribution Centre in Mulgrave
  • 48 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
  • 26 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
And before I go on ranting about how my day (Day 37 of lockdown), here are the top ten local government areas (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 14 August 2020).

WYNDHAM1764917
BRIMBANK1655876
HUME1355566
WHITTLESEA1004540
MELTON891505
MORELAND853406
CASEY729370
MELBOURNE796304
DAREBIN499278
MARIBYRNONG474253
INTERSTATE9310
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN255202
TOTAL162347877

Today, I didn't do much, as I watched press conferences form both Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews and Prime Minister Scott Morrison (back-to-back), which meant that my daytime plans went out the window (even though I did go for a walk, but stopped early due to rain). I watched television tonight, and I am now listening to the radio. And someone got fined today for not wearing a mask because he had a pimple (it wasn't me as I always wear a mask outside).

TOMORROW: Don't know yet.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 38: 29 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 303 new cases (7875 active cases) 293 lives lost (+4 deaths in past 24 hours)

The number of new cases has gone down from yesterday, with 303 new cases in the past 24 hours (an net increase of 283 due to 20 cases being reclassified, mostly due to duplication), and within the state of Victoria, of the 303 new cases, 29 are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 274 are under investigation. Sadly, four lives were lost in the previous 24 hours with two men and one woman aged in their 80s and one woman aged in her 90s. Two of the four deaths have been linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. Speaking of which, I will start the data with the active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers (i.e. ever) as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 15 August 2020):
  • 204 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 190 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 155 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 124 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 93 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 91 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
  • 83 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
The cases that are currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 15 August 2020):
  • 203 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 186 cases have been linked to Al-Taqwa College
  • 142 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
  • 142 cases have been linked to Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
  • 29 cases have been linked to Hazeldene's Chicken Farm in Bendigo
  • 28 cases have been linked to Werribee Mercy Hospital
  • 27 cases have been linked to Coles Laverton Distribution centre
  • 21 cases have been linked to Jayco in Dandenong
And now to the Top 10 Local Government Areas (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 15 August 2020):
WYNDHAM1798916
BRIMBANK1676856
HUME1378570
WHITTLESEA1025542
MELTON919515
MORELAND871408
MELBOURNE802300
CASEY746379
MOONEE VALLEY683236
DAREBIN523293
INTERSTATE9411
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN258199
TOTAL165177875

Sadly, there are some people who are flirting with the law, including conspiracy theorists who thinks that they're God's gift to the world and therefore don't have to follow the rules. I just want to say that people have died from coronavirus, and yet they think it's a joke. Remember that a couple of weeks ago, I included a link to an article on the Straits Times about a 30 year old Texan who thought coronavirus was a hoax, and yet died from it.

However, there has been some fortunate news today in regards to lockdown, and we are still on track to go back to Stage 3 restrictions in a month's time (if we continue to go down in cases). What would I do when lockdown ends, I don't know.

Today, I mostly listened to the radio, although I managed to get some television in.

TOMORROW: I will mostly be listening to the radio.

See you tomorrow.

Last edited:
END OF DAY 39: 28 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 279 new cases (7671 active cases) 309 lives lost (+16 deaths in past 24 hours)

Today saw a drop from yesterday, in which there were 303 new cases yesterday, and 279 new cases today (a net increase of 247 due to 32 cases being reclassified, mostly due to duplication), but sadly 16 lives were lost in the past 24 hours (two men and one woman aged in their 70s, four men and two women aged in their 80s and four women and three men aged in their 90s). Eleven of the sixteen deaths recorded today were linked to aged care facilities.

Firstly, active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 16 August 2020):
  • 205 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 157 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 127 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 100 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 94 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
  • 87 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
There are also 81 active cases in disability accommodation (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 16 August 2020)
  1. Total Resident cases: 20; Total Staff cases: 61
  2. Active cases in NDIS homes: 53 (17 residents)
  3. Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded*): 27 (3 residents)
  4. Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 1
  • 204 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 190 cases have been linked to Al-Taqwa College
  • 145 cases have been linked to Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
  • 83 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
  • 52 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
  • 31 cases have been linked to Brunswick Private Hospital
  • 30 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
  • 21 cases have been linked to the Austin Hospital in Heidelberg
  • 11 cases have been linked to the Allied Pinnacle Bakery in Altona
And now to the table of the top 10 local government areas in regards to coronavirus (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 16 August 2020):
WYNDHAM1823888
BRIMBANK1693831
HUME1402560
WHITTLESEA1039529
MELTON933506
MORELAND881402
MELBOURNE804290
CASEY756356
MOONEE VALLEY690232
DAREBIN540297
INTERSTATE9411
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN256186
TOTAL167647671

And now to today. Apart from going on a walk (and watching a bit of television tonight), I mostly listened to the radio, as well as some other things.

TOMORROW: It's Monday, so it's volunteering at Homework Club (via Zoom).

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 40: 27 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 282 new cases (7474 active cases) 334 lives lost (+25 deaths in past 24 hours)

Well, we are almost at 42 days (the intended duration of lockdown), and just under a month until hopefully we can return to Stage 3 restrictions. Today there has been 282 new cases here in Victoria (a net increase of 263 due to 19 case being reclassified, largely due to duplication). Sadly, 25 people have lost their lives due to coronavirus (one man aged in his 60s, four women and three men aged in their 70s, six women and four men aged in their 80s and four women and three men aged in their 90s) with 22 of the deaths linked to aged care facilities.

Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative cases are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 17 August 2020):
  • 131 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 107 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 107 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 100 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 94 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
  • 93 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 17 August 2020):
  • 205 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 191 cases have been linked to Al-Taqwa College
  • 146 cases have been linked to Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
  • 145 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
  • 62 cases have been linked to Woolworths Distribution Centre in Mulgrave
  • 53 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
  • 33 cases have been linked to Ingham’s Chicken in Thomastown
  • 31 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
  • 31 cases have been linked to the Northern Hospital Emergency Department
  • 31 cases have been linked to Ausfresh in Broadmeadows
  • 30 cases have been linked to Bingo Recycling in West Melbourne
And now to the table of the ten largest amount of cases by local government area (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 17 August 2020)
WYNDHAM1845864
BRIMBANK1716784
HUME1421544
WHITTLESEA1055507
MELTON948480
MORELAND891387
MELBOURNE821288
CASEY765346
MOONEE VALLEY694224
DAREBIN556295
INTERSTATE929
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN261181
TOTAL170277474

Today was Monday, so I volunteered at homework club (which was via Zoom), and apart from that, I went to the pharmacy for some medication. I had to wait outside due to a limit of people who could in the pharmacy at any one time, and before I went in, I had my temperature checked, and it was acceptable. I asked the person who was doing it my temperature for the record. With the medication, I didn't have to wait long as I texted them yesterday. I also put petrol in the car as I was running low on petrol (it was still less than 5 kilometres from home, so it was okay, and I was also wearing a mask).

Tonight, I watched a bit of television to keep up with the latest happenings, as well as to relax.

TOMORROW: Don't know yet.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 41: 26 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 222 new cases (7274 active cases) 351 lives lost (+17 deaths in 24 hours)

Today we saw the lowest number of new cases in a 24-hour period for a couple of weeks with 222 new cases in the past 24 hours (a net increase of 211 due to 11 cases being reclassified, largely due to duplication). But sadly, 17 lives were lost in the past 24 hours (one man in his 60s, one woman in her 70s, one man in his 70s, two women in their 80s, four men in their 80s, four women in their 90s and four men in their 90s) with 13 of the 17 new deaths being linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities.

Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 18 August 2020):
  • 136 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 131 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 111 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 110 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 101 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 100 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra in Sunbury
  • 99 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 18 August 2020):
  • 210 cases have been linked to Al-Taqwa College
  • 207 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 149 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
  • 64 cases have been linked to Woolworths Distribution Centre in Mulgrave
  • 63 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
  • 44 cases have been linked to Catholic Regional College in Sydenham
  • 35 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
  • 33 cases have been linked to Ausfresh in Broadmeadows
And now to the table of the top 10 local government areas in Victoria in regards to cases of coronavirus (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 18 August 2020):
WYNDHAM1860831
BRIMBANK1738750
HUME1439531
WHITTLESEA1037482
MELTON963467
MORELAND893377
CASEY797355
DAREBIN561294
MELBOURNE820278
MOONEE VALLEY695219
INTERSTATE939
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN259172
TOTAL172387274

It is nice to see the number of active cases in Brimbank going down (831 active cases on Sunday night, down to 750 in the past 24 hours). I just happen to be from Brimbank, that's why I am interested in the figures for Brimbank.

Today, I mostly did an assessment for an online course, as well as getting some yogurt (but I stayed within 5 kilometres from home, as well as wearing a mask when outside). Tonight, I watched some television.

TOMORROW: I will be doing some meditation tomorrow night (via Zoom) and apart from that, I don't know what I would be doing tomorrow.

See you tomorrow.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom