• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Postcard from Lockdown

END OF DAY 42: 25 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 216 new cases (7155 active cases) 363 deaths (+12 deaths in past 24 hours)

Today had the lowest number of new cases for a month with 216 new cases (a net increase of 208 due to 8 cases being reclassified largely due to duplication), and within Victoria, Victoria, 47 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 169 are under investigation. Sadly, there has been 12 deaths in the past 24 hours (three men in their 70s, four women in their 80s, one man in his 80s, three women in their 90s and one man in his 90s), and all deaths have been linked to aged care facilities:

Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 19 August 2020):
  • 205 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 191 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 157 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 147 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 131 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 111 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 110 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 108 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine
  • 103 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 100 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra in Sunbury
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 19 August 2020):
  • 207 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 150 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
  • 147 cases have been linked to Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
  • 64 cases have been linked to Woolworths Distribution Centre Mulgrave
  • 64 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
  • 46 cases have been linked to Nino Early Learning in Bundoora
  • 44 cases have been linked to Catholic Regional College in Sydenham
  • 35 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
  • 34 cases have been linked to Ingham’s in Thomastown
  • 33 cases have been linked to Ausfresh in Broadmeadows
And now to the Top 10 Local Government Areas in regards to cases of coronavirus (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 19 August 2020):
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREACONFIRMED CASES (EVER)CURRENT CASES (ACTIVE)
WYNDHAM1887811
BRIMBANK1764743
HUME1456527
WHITTLESEA1087476
MELTON977459
MORELAND904380
MELBOURNE828274
CASEY809349
MOONEE VALLEY698212
DAREBIN567298
INTERSTATE938
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN258169
TOTAL174467155

Today, I didn't do much, apart from paying ambulance membership at the local post office, as well as finally getting around to be tested for coronavirus (which means I won't be able to leave the house for a few days). I did some meditation tonight via Zoom, and I am currently listening to a podcast. I also watched a bit of television tonight.

TOMORROW: I am not allowed to leave the house for a few days at least due to getting tested for coronavirus, so I will be listening to the radio and doing an online course.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 43: 24 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 240 new cases (4864 active cases) 376 lives lost (+13 deaths in past 24 hours)

Today here in Victoria we had 240 new cases (a net increase of 237 due to reclassification, largely due to duplication), but sadly 13 deaths in the past 24 hours (one man in his 70s, six women in their 80s, five women in their 90s and one man in his 90s) with 8 of the 13 new deaths linked to aged care facilities. But there has been a massive plunge in the number of active cases (yesterday, we had 7155 active cases, today it was 4864 active cases, so that is a good thing). This will be reflected in the tally for the top 10 local government areas later on in this post. Ah, what the heck, I'll do it now (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 20 August 2020):
WYNDHAM1915544
BRIMBANK1785478
HUME1469339
WHITTLESEA1102330
MELTON995307
MORELAND912270
MELBOURNE848156
CASEY822228
MOONEE VALLEY699124
DAREBIN581238
INTERSTATE945
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN239126
TOTAL176834864

As mentioned already, 8 of the 13 new deaths in the past 24 hours has been linked to aged care facilities, and active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 20 August 2020):
  • 209 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 193 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 158 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 152 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 132 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 112 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 111 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 110 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 105 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 20 August 2020)
  • 209 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 167 cases have been linked to Somervile Retails Services in Tottenham
  • 153 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
  • 148 cases have been linked to Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
  • 64 cases have been linked to Woolworths Distribution Centre in Mulgrave
  • 64 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
  • 46 cases have been linked to Nino Early Learning in Bundoora
  • 44 cases have been linked to Catholic Regional College in Sydenham
  • 43 cases have been linked to Clever Kids in Ashburton
  • 36 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
  • 31 cases have been linked to Diamond Valley Pork
* The active cases number has declined significantly today to account for cases cleared over the past five days, supported by additional capacity. This coincides with a high number of cases in the past two to three weeks who are starting to recover. The public health team anticipate that if the current trend of slower growth in new cases continues, then the active case number will continue to decline rapidly. (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 20 August 2020)

And now to my past 24 hours. Firstly, I mentioned yesterday that I had a test for coronavirus done at the local shopping centre after paying off my ambulance membership at the post office. Well, it came back today (at around 15:00 to be exact), and it was negative, so I am in the clear. I did an online course today. Tonight, I watched a bit of television and I am currently listening to the radio.

TOMORROW: Online course and learning Korean.

I am well aware that there has been a lot of negative stuff on this blog thread, so I will be finishing off tonight's post with something a little more positive. On 10 News First here in Melbourne, there was a story about a psychology student going around St. Kilda dressed as Spiderman to put a smile on people's faces. The reporter in this story was Natasha Exelby (who became infamous for her reaction once on ABC News 24 when she was on. I think it's on YouTube). Well, here is the story in question.

See you tomorrow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qri4XOVqF4

END OF DAY 44: 23 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 179 new cases (4421 active cases) 385 deaths (+9 deaths in past 24 hours)

What a day? Today saw the lowest number of new cases in a 24-hour period since mid-July with 179 new cases in the past 24 hours (a net increase of 169 due to 10 cases being reclassified, mainly due to duplication). But sadly, 9 new deaths in the past 24 hours (one man in his 60s, one woman in her 70s, two women in their 80s, two men in their 80s, one women in her 90s, one man in his 90s and one man in his 100s), with seven of the nine new deaths linked to aged care facilities. While the situation is improving, we shouldn't relax as we still have a long way to go, as we need to get to around 50 new cases/day to get back to Stage 3 restrictions. So even though Stage 4 restrictions is planned to end on 13 September, it could still be extended if we don't get down to 50 new cases/day.

And now to some of the statistics of the day (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 21 August 2020)

Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
  • 209 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 194 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 152 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 132 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 113 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 113 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 112 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 107 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
  • 156 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
  • 154 cases have been linked to Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
  • 65 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
  • 55 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry
  • 37 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
  • 32 cases have been linked to Diamond Valley Pork
  • 28 cases have been linked to Coles distribution centre in Laverton
And now to look at the top 10 local government areas in Victoria in regards to cases of coronavirus (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 21 August 2020)
WYNDHAM1930467
BRIMBANK1798401
HUME1486318
WHITTLESEA1109295
MELTON1012275
MORELAND924256
MELBOURNE848139
CASEY834205
MOONEE VALLEY701107
DAREBIN584221
INTERSTATE934
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN247126
TOTAL178524421

Today I did an online course, and I finished the online component earlier this evening. I also did some exercise around the suburb (I wore a mask and stayed within 5 kilometres from home). Tonight, I watched a bit of television. I am also listening to the radio (I subscribed to the community radio station that I listen to earlier today).

TOMORROW: Listen to the radio and I will be watching a bit of ABC News' coverage of the Northern Territory elections tomorrow night (first election to be held in Australia since the start of the pandemic). And in case you are wondering, we have council elections in October here in Victoria, which will be a postal vote.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 45: 22 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 182 new cases (4293 active cases) 398 lives lost (+13 new deaths in part 24 hours)

How long has it been since we had two consecutive days of less than 200 cases? An slight increase on yesterday, but still a positive. Sadly, thirteen deaths in the past 24 hours (one man in his 50s, one woman in her 70s, three women and two men in their 80s, three women and two men in their 90s and one woman in her 100s) with ten of the new deaths linked to aged care facilities. Today, a net increase of 177 due to five cases being reclassified, largely due to duplication (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 22 August 2020). Within Victoria, 28 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 154 are under investigation.

Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 22 August 2020):
  1. 209 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  2. 193 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  3. 158 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  4. 155 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  5. 133 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  6. 113 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  7. 113 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  8. 112 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  9. 110 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  10. 107 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury

In Victoria there are currently 63 active cases in residential disability accommodation (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 22 August 2020):
  • Total Resident cases: 13; Total Staff cases: 50
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 47 (13 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 16 (0 residents)
  • Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Key outbreaks with new cases include (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 22 August 2020):
  1. 155 cases have been linked to Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
  2. 34 cases have been linked to AusFresh in Broadmeadows
And now to the top 10 local government areas in regards to cases of coronavirus (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 22 August 2020):

WYNDHAM1958458
BRIMBANK1812378
HUME1498318
WHITTLESEA1118278
MELTON1018269
MORELAND929251
MELBOURNE848134
CASEY844192
MOONEE VALLEY704100
DAREBIN587210
INTERSTATE943
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN256122
TOTAL180294293

Well today has been largely quiet for me, mostly listening to the radio (and a bit of television, watched Only Connect on SBS Viceland). I was planning to watch a bit of the Northern Territory elections on ABC News, but sadly, wasn't able to get reception due to heavy rain today here in Melbourne. But I have been listening to the radio, so that was a positive (I am listening to the radio at the moment) I also did some writing.

TOMORROW: Listen to the radio.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 46: 21 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 208 new cases (4012 active cases) 415 deaths (+17 deaths in past 24 hours)

Today, we experienced a small increase in numbers from yesterday with 208 new cases in the past 24 hours (overall total increased by 202 due to 6 cases being reclassified largely due to duplication). Sadly, in the past 24 hours, there have been 17 new deaths from COVID-19 reported, with one man and one woman aged in their 60s, three men in their 70s, six men and four women in their 80s and two men in their 90s. Eleven of the seventeen new deaths are linked to aged care facilities.

Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 23 August 2020):
  • 210 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 193 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 156 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 133 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 115 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 114 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 113 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 107 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
In Victoria there are currently 57 active cases in residential disability accommodation (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 23 August 2020):
  • Total Resident cases: 13; Total Staff cases: 44
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 42 (13 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 15 (0 residents)
Key outbreaks with new cases include (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 23 August 2020):
  • 211 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 158 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
  • 83 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
  • 35 cases have been linked to Werribee Mercy Hospital
  • 35 cases have been linked to AusFresh in Broadmeadows
  • 21 cases have been linked to the Vawdrey Australia in Dandenong South
As you may be aware of already, the filming of the finale of The Masked Singer has been postponed due to coronavirus in the Docklands studio where it is being filmed (it is normally filmed in Sydney, but it is being filmed in Melbourne this year due to the new Thor film being shot there this year) (COVID outbreak shuts down Masked Singer | TV Tonight). Apart from that, the Department of Health and Human Services are also investigating cases linked to Princeton View Aged care in Brighton, Estia Health aged care facility in Keysborough, a ward at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Western Private Hospital in Footscray, and the Laming racing stable in Cranbourne. And in case you are wondering, I went to the Docklands studios last year where I was an extra in the US drama The Preacher (a bit of trivia about my personal life for you guys out there).

And now the top 10 local government areas in regards to the coronavirus (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 23 August 2020) and strangely enough, "unknown" is the ninth-highest local government area on the table on the provided link):
WYNDHAM1965406
BRIMBANK1810354
HUME1503284
WHITTLESEA1123252
MELTON1016239
MORELAND935236
DAREBIN594197
CASEY857182
MELBOURNE855137
HOBSONS BAY386129
INTERSTATE999
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN357140
TOTAL182314012

And now to today's statistics (on my life): Well, today I mostly listened to the radio and checked out the latest news on the internet as well as the online course, which I am now almost finished. I watched a bit of television tonight, as well as listening to The Prime Thanatos on YouTube. And I have been thinking, how come you are allowed to protest if you're anti-mask or anti-lockdown or pro-QAnon (on the notion of free speech), but if you are pro-Black Lives Matter or pro-refugees, then you are not allowed to protest, and you get flammed by the media? I don't really get that.

TOMORROW: It's Monday, so homework club. And I will be doing a bit of learning Korean.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 47: 20 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 116 new cases (3731 active cases) 430 lives lost (+15 deaths in past 24 hours)

Well, it has been a mixed day here in Victoria with 116 new cases (overall total has increased by 99 due to 17 cases being reclassified largely due to duplication), but sadly 15 more deaths today, all linked to aged care facilities (five men and three women aged in their 80s, four women and two men in their 90s and one woman aged in her 100s).

And now the data from the past 24 hours (all from Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 24 August 2020)

Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
  • 211 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 195 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 160 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 159 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 138 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 119 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 118 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 114 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 110 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 109 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 57 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 13; Total Staff cases: 44
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 15 (0 residents)
Key outbreaks with new cases include:
  • 54 cases have been linked to Peninsula Health
  • 31 cases have been linked to the Vawdrey Australia in Dandenong South
And now the top ten local government areas in number of cases (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 24 August 2020 for the full table)
WYNDHAM1970380
BRIMBANK1821334
HUME1505247
WHITTLESEA1127235
MELTON1025209
MORELAND939225
CASEY868167
MELBOURNE854119
MOONEE VALLEY70685
DAREBIN599193
INTERSTATE1009
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN377158
TOTAL183303731

Before moving onto my day, I found an interesting article on The Conversation which carries a very important message, with rights comes responsibilities and this is about selfish and hypocritical people who don't wear masks (as well as citing the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as why they refuse to wear masks, while at the same time denying others their rights to safety). You can check the article out at the following website: With rights come responsibilities: how coronavirus is a pandemic of hypocrisy.

TODAY: Today was Monday so I volunteered at homework club (via Zoom) and went for a walk. I am currently watching television, and I am about to watch Hungry Ghosts on SBS (hence the early post tonight).

TOMORROW: I will be learning Korean and listening to the radio (as well as watching Episode 2 of Hungry Ghosts tomorrow night).

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 48: 19 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 148 new cases (3651 active cases) 438 lives lost (+8 deaths in past 24 hours)

Today saw a jump in cases with 148 new cases in the past 24 hours (an increase of 134 due to 14 cases being reclassified, largely due to duplication) and eight deaths in the past 24 hours (two men aged in their 70s, four women and one man aged in their 80s and one woman aged in her 90s). Today, seven of the eight new deaths have been linked to aged care facilities:

And now to the data from the past 24 hours (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 25 August 2020):

• 166 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 120 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 110 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 109 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg.
In Victoria there are currently 55 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 13; Total Staff cases: 42
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 13 (0 residents)
  • 84 cases have been linked to the Australian Lamb Company in Colac
  • 58 cases have been linked to Peninsula Health
  • 35 cases have been linked to the Vawdrey Australia in Dandenong South
  • 33 cases have been linked to Diamond Valley Pork in Laverton North
  • 16 cases have been linked to Docklands Studios Melbourne (linked to The Masked Singer as mentioned in a previous post).
And now to the top 10 local government areas in relation to coronavirus (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 25 August 2020):
WYNDHAM1993369
BRIMBANK1827300
HUME1517257
WHITTLESEA1137236
MELTON1029203
MORELAND946228
CASEY882159
MELBOURNE849119
MOONEE VALLEY71188
DAREBIN600191
INTERSTATE10110
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN373147
TOTAL184643651

Today I have been doing some study and watched a bit of television tonight. I also listened to the radio.

TOMORROW: I will be doing some meditation and study Korean.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 49: 18 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 149 new cases (3488 active cases) 462 lives lost (+24 deaths in past 24 hours)

I am posting early tonight because I might not get a chance later on tonight. In the past 24 hours, 149 new cases of coronavirus have emerged, an overall increase of 144 due to 5 cases being reclassified, largely due to duplication. Sadly, 24 lives have been lost in the past 24 hours (one woman in her 60s, three men in their 70s, three women in their 80s, seven men in their 80s, six women in their 90s and four men in their 90s), with 21 of the 24 deaths linked to aged care facilities.

And now to some data (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 26 August 2020):

• 169 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 120 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 111 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 109 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria, there are currently 50 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 13; Total Staff cases: 37
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 39 (13 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 11 (0 residents)
  • 38 cases have been linked to the Vawdrey Australia in Dandenong South
  • 17 cases have been linked to Docklands Studios Melbourne
And now to the top 10 local government areas in regards to coronavirus (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 26 August 2020):
WYNDHAM2009354
BRIMBANK1836299
HUME1527251
WHITTLESEA1148215
MELTON1047194
MORELAND959220
CASEY885151
MELBOURNE856108
MOONEE VALLEY72086
DAREBIN601183
INTERSTATE10211
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN363139
TOTAL186083488

TODAY: Well today, I just browsed the internet and I will be watching several shows tonight (including Episode 3 of Hungry Ghosts tonight on SBS. I may miss a few minutes because Rosehaven is on tonight on ABC). The meditation session got cancelled.

TOMORROW: Tomorrow, I will be doing a course via CAE (via Zoom) and study Korean.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 50: 17 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 113 new cases (3308 active cases), 485 lives lost (+23 new deaths in past 24 hours)

Today was a mixed day with 113 new cases (an overall increase of 106 due to 7 cases being reclassified, largely due to duplication), but sadly 23 new deaths in the past 24 hours (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 27 August 2020), one man in his 60s, one woman in her 70s, four men in their 70s, six women in their 80s, three men in their 80s, five women in their 90s and three men in their 90s. All but one of the new deaths are linked to aged care facilities:

And now to some data (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 27 August 2020):
  • 197 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 169 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 160 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 140 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 112 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
In Victoria there are currently 48 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 14; Total Staff cases: 34
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 38 (14 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 10 (0 residents)
  • Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes:
  • 63 cases have been linked to Peninsula Health
  • 39 cases have been linked to the Vawdrey Australia in Dandenong South

And now to the list of local government areas
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREASCONFIRMED CASES (EVER)CURRENT CASES (ACTIVE)
WYNDHAM2018319
BRIMBANK1842285
HUME1535230
WHITTLESEA1152201
MELTON1044180
MORELAND967217
CASEY896149
MELBOURNE860101
MOONEE VALLEY72375
DAREBIN602173
INTERSTATE10211
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN365140
TOTAL187143308

And now to the day in my life for Day 50: I went to my first class at CAE via Zoom and it was very interesting. I have just finished watching the final episode of Hungry Ghosts on SBS and I am currently listening to the radio (like I did for most of the day between the class and watching television tonight).

TOMORROW: Don't know yet.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 51: 16 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 113 new cases (3141 active cases) 496 lives lost (+12 deaths in past 24 hours)

Well, today we had another (small) drop in the number of new cases with 113 new cases, an overall increase of 108 due to reclassification of 5 cases, largely due to duplication. Sadly in the past 24 hours, there has been 12 deaths in the past 24 hours (one man in his 70’s, one man in his 80s, two women in their 80s, five women in their 90s and three men in their 90s), all linked to aged care facilities.

And now to the data for today (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 28 August 2020)
  • 212 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 197 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 175 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 121 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 114 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 112 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
In Victoria there are currently 45 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 14; Total Staff cases: 31
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 37 (14 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 8 (0 residents)
  • 88 cases have been linked to the Australian Lamb Company

And now to the table for today (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 28 August 2020)
WYNDHAM2042311
BRIMBANK1871283
HUME1550218
WHITTLESEA1159178
MELTON1061164
MORELAND973208
CASEY908148
MELBOURNE86298
MOONEE VALLEY72875
DAREBIN613169
INTERSTATE10110
OVERSEAS61
UNKNOWN271115
TOTAL188223141

Today was a quiet day for me, just looking up the latest news online, and listening to the radio (and went for a walk this afternoon, complete with mask). I watched some television tonight.

TOMORROW: Relax

See you tomorrow.
See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 52: 15 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 94 new cases (2983 active cases) 513 lives lost (+18 deaths in past 24 hours)

Sad news today with 18 new deaths (one woman in her 60’s, one woman in her 70’s, two men in their 70’s, four women in their 80’s, five men in their 80’s, one woman in their 90’s and four men in their 90’s) with 16 of the 18 new deaths linked to aged care facilities. However, on a much more positive note, for the first time in almost two months, the number of new cases in a 24 hour period was in double-digits with just 94 new cases in the past 24 hours (an overall increase of 81 due to 13 cases being reclassified, largely due to duplication) (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 29 August 2020). And tomorrow will mark one month since the curfews started.

And now to the data for today (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 29 August 2020):
  • 198 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 176 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 122 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 119 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 114 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 111 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 43 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 14; Total Staff cases: 29
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 36 (14 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 7 (0 residents)
  • 40 cases have been linked to Hazeldean Transition Care
  • 68 cases have been linked to Frankston Hospital
  • 160 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
  • 40 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer

And now to the local government areas:
WYNDHAM2062309
BRIMBANK1890273
HUME1562205
WHITTLESEA1170176
MELTON1068159
MORELAND982207
CASEY913143
MELBOURNE878104
MOONEE VALLEY73875
DAREBIN622169
INTERSTATE1029
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN13653
TOTAL189032983

Today was a bit of a quiet day for me, listening to the radio. I watched a bit of television tonight, and I am now just listening to some music. This afternoon, I also went for a walk around my local area, staying within 5 kilometres of home and wearing a mask.

TOMORROW: Listen to the radio.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 52: 14 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 114 new cases (2830 active cases) 524 lives lost (+11 deaths in past 24 hours)

After falling below 100 cases yesterday, it went up to 114 new cases today (an overall increase of 112 due to 2 cases being reclassified due to duplication). Sadly, 11 lives have been lost (one man aged in his 70s, five women and one man in their 80s and three women and one man aged in their 90s). Nine of the eleven deaths have been linked to known aged care facilities. And now to some data for today (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 30 August 2020):

• 203 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 178 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 161 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 123 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 119 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 115 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 114 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 112 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 41 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 14; Total Staff cases: 27
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 35 (14 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 6 (0 residents)
  • 163 cases have been linked to the Melbourne Health Royal Park campus
  • 42 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer

And now to breakdowns by top 10 local government areas (I don't know why the Victorian Government still list them by confirmed cases (ever) rather than current cases (active) (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 30 August 2020):
WYNDHAM2076303
BRIMBANK1901269
HUME1565193
WHITTLESEA1172153
MELTON1071147
MORELAND987197
CASEY927140
MELBOURNE880103
MOONEE VALLEY74472
DAREBIN625167
INTERSTATE1029
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN13852
TOTAL190152830
Sadly today, throughout the world, we had far-right wing activists, and QAnon fanboys and fangirls (who appears to be armchair experts in coronavirus) protested, with some claiming that Bill Gates is apparently using the coronavirus pandemic (which they think is a hoax) to microchip us. Some even claims that they have rights under the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. I have several questions for them:

1) How many of these people use Microsoft products (Bill Gates created Microsoft in the 1980s)? Almost everyone who claims that Bill Gates is using the coronavirus to microchip us use Microsoft products.
2) How many of these people who cites that they have rights under the United Nations Universal Declaration on Human Rights supports the United Nations? No doubt many of them are opposed to said institution and global multilateral institutions.
3) How many of these people realise that they also have responsibilities under said declaration? Many think they only have rights and not have any responsibilities. With rights comes responsibility.
4) How many of these people actually knows anything about viruses or read academic journal entries on said issue? And sorry, QAnon and Alex Jones (and even Donald Trump) are not credible sources on the subject of viruses.
5) How many of these people support far-right wing parties and causes? Many of these protestors are white nationalists apparently and many are neo-Nazis.
6) How many of these people claim that governments are using this to impose 5G technology on us? I have seen NO construction of 5G towers in my area. And besides, many of these people who believe this use wireless technology to watch Netflix.

Today was a largely quiet day for me, just listening to the radio and watching some television.

TOMORROW: It's Monday so it's homework club day

END OF DAY 53: 13 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 73 new cases (2620 active cases) 565 lives lost (+41 deaths in past 24 hours*)

Well, first thing first, we have had 41 deaths announced in the past 24 hours, but I will explain the asterisk that appears in just a moment. Of the 41 deaths (38 are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities., four women and three men aged in their 70s, 10 women and seven men aged in their 80s, 13 women and three men aged in their 90s and one woman aged in her 100s. But what should be noted (hence the asterisk) is that 33 of the deaths is actually from the past couple of weeks, and that eight of the deaths reported today were in fact from yesterday.

To some happier news, and we have fallen back into double digits in regards to new cases, with just 73 new cases in the past 24 hours (an overall increase of 65 due to 8 cases being reclassified). It is this (and the trend) that has seen Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announce that a roadmap out of Stage 4 will be announced on Sunday 6 September 2020. In my honest opinion, even though I would like to see some reopening on 13 September, we cannot go too quickly, as if we go too quickly, we will be back to square one. Slow and steady wins the race, and that is why I prefer the Victorian method, which is slow and steady and not too quick (unlike a certain Federal Treasurer who shall remain nameless who wants the quick solution).

And now to some of the data for today (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 31 August 2020)
  • 214 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 189 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 139 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 123 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 123 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 115 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
  • 115 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 113 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 44 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 14; Total Staff cases: 30
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 38 (14 residents)
  • 164 cases have been linked to the Melbourne Health Royal PaWWk campus
  • 70 cases linked to Peninsula Health Frankston
  • 43 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer

And now to the top 10 local government areas. NOTE: It looks like it will now be according to active cases and not confirmed cases (ever) (I wonder if the Victorian Government is reading this blog. Thanks for making it easier) (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 31 August 2020)
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREASCONFIRMED CASES (EVER)CURRENT CASES (ACTIVE)
WYNDHAM2092286
BRIMBANK1903250
MORELAND988183
HUME1570180
MELTON1082142
WHITTLESEA1173142
DAREBIN630139
CASEY933136
GREATER DANDENONG462101
MELBOURNE87997
INTERSTATE1036
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN14450
TOTAL190802620

Today, I did a bit of shopping at a shopping centre (stayed within 5 kilometres, and remembered my mask). And, being Monday, I volunteered at a homework club. Tonight, I watched a bit of television (including a "Christmas edition" of Good Afternoon Adelaide on C31, yes Virginia, we still have community television here in Melbourne).

TOMORROW: Online course and study Korean.

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 55: 12 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in Past 24 Hours: 70 new cases (2519 active case) 570 lives lost (+5 new deaths in past 24 hours)

Well, overall it has been a good day with 70 new cases in the previous 24 hours (an overall increase of 58 due to 12 cases being reclassified largely due to duplication), so the rate is going down here in Victoria. Sadly, five deaths since yesterday (two of which occurred prior to yesterday, so it is technically just 3 in the previous 24 hours), two women aged in their 70s, two women aged in their 80s and one woman aged in her 90s. In the case of the two retroactive-included deaths, the retrospective reports are due to amended reporting obligations for aged care facilities and data reconciliation work.

And now to some of the data for today (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 01 September 2020):

• 193 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 124 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 115 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 114 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 42 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 15; Total Staff cases: 27
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 36 (15 residents)
  • 71 cases linked to Peninsula Health Frankston
  • 44 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer

And now to the table of the Top 10 local government areas (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 01 September 2020):
WYNDHAM2098276
BRIMBANK1906235
HUME1578175
MORELAND992171
WHITTLESEA1175141
MELTON1081136
CASEY933133
DAREBIN631131
MELBOURNE88299
GREATER DANDENONG46497
INTERSTATE1026
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN15257
TOTAL191382519

Today I did an online course and mostly listened to the radio. I also went for a quick walk around the neighbourhood (staying five kilometres from home and wearing a mask).

While on the Internet today, I found a couple of interesting articles on The Conversation. As you may be aware, restrictions in Australia in regards to coronavirus is varied, like Stage 4 restrictions here in Melbourne in which no visitors are allowed, but in regards to households & house gatherings, it is unrestricted in the Northern Territory (up to 500 people). You can read more on the various restrictions in Australia on the following address (Coronavirus restrictions in your state). And you may be aware, I am doing a blog on what is happening here in Melbourne, and it turns out a lot of people are doing it around the world. In fact, history is full of people maintaining a diary during a crisis, most notably Anne Frank, who keep a diary as an account of the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands or Lena Mukhina’s perspective on the Siege of Leningrad (Note to self: a pandemic is a great time to keep a diary, plus 4 tips for success). Hopefully this blog will inspire everyone to do something like this, and hopefully there will be a record of this challenging time for future generations. And finally, on Sunday, our Premier Daniel Andrews will unveil a roadmap out of Stage 4 restrictions and there could be social bubbles introduced as part of it (What is the COVID 'bubble' concept, and could it work in Australia?).

TOMORROW: Nothing much.

See you tomorrow.

I will be making a post about today later on tonight, but in case you haven't heard, the AFL has announced details on this year's AFL Grand Final, and it will be a night game on Saturday 24 October at the Gabba. However, the AFL has announced a Plan B in case there is a coronavirus outbreak in Brisbane, and that is to have the Grand Final at the Adelaide Oval. It is expected that the Brownlow Medal will be on the Gold Coast this year.

END OF DAY 56: 11 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 90 new cases (2415 active cases) 576 lives lost (+6 new deaths in past 24 hours)

Well, another day in double-digits with 90 new cases in the previous 24 hours (an overall increase of 86 due to four cases being reclassified), and sadly 6 more deaths in the past 24 hours, five men aged in their 80s and one man aged in his 90s. Three of the six deaths occurred prior to yesterday, and five of the six deaths are linked to aged care facilities. And now to the statistics (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 02 September 2020):

Of the total cases:
  • 17,823 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1154 are from regional Victoria
  • Total cases include 9198 men and 10,011 women
  • Total number of healthcare workers: 3206, active cases: 332
  • There are 1177 active cases relating to aged care facilities
  • 197 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 127 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
  • 116 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 114 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 35 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 12; Total Staff cases: 23
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 32 (12 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 3 (0 residents)
  • 72 cases linked to Peninsula Health Frankston
  • 45 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer

And now the Local Government Areas (Top 10 active cases, Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 02 September 2020):
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREASCONFIRMED CASES (EVER)ACTIVE CASES (CURRENT)
WYNDHAM2110263
BRIMBANK1907226
MORELAND999171
HUME1585166
DAREBIN631132
MELTON1082131
CASEY946130
WHITTLESEA1178130
GREATER DANDENONG47092
MELBOURNE88692
INTERSTATE1036
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN13950
TOTAL192242415

Today was a pretty quiet day. I went to get a blood test done this morning (unrelated to COVID-19 I need to stress, but something completely different) and this evening I did some meditation. I also watched a bit of television tonight. I also did an online course.

In case you haven't heard, this year's AFL Grand Final will be a night game at the Gabba in Brisbane, but if there is a outbreak there, Plan B is have it at the Adelaide Oval. I am not sure what is happening with the Brownlow Medal this year, as it could be virtual this year due to the pandemic. And there is a possibility that the world famous Sydney New Years Eve fireworks may be cancelled this year due to the pandemic, and the other major fireworks throughout Australia (including here in Melbourne) may be cancelled for the same reason. It looks like I will be at home this year.

TOMORROW: I got a class at CAE (via Zoom) and I will be attending a couple of webinars (again via Zoom).

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 57: 10 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 113 new cases (2295 active cases) 591 lives lost (+15 deaths in past 24 hours)

Today, we went back to triple digits with 113 new cases (an overall increase of 112 due to one case being reclassified) and sadly 15 new deaths in the past 24 hours (four men in their 80's, three women in their 80's, two men in their 90's and six women in their 90's) with fourteen of the deaths linked to known aged care facilities outbreaks. However, nine of the deaths that were added in the past 24 hours were from previous days, so just five deaths in the past 24 hours after removing the nine from previous days. However, despite the rise, the number of active cases are going down from 2415 active cases yesterday to 2295 active cases today. So despite the rise of 113 new cases today, we need to take a glass half full perspective in that the number of active cases in Victoria is going down. So it could be the next couple of days that we could actually fall under 2000 active cases (which will be a good thing). You can see the chart of active cases in Victoria below (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Victorian coronavirus (COVID-19) data).
active_cases.png

Note that the chart above is from the start of the year. You would probably notice that it was pretty low back in the initial wave back in March/April, but it peaked during the second wave which begun in July. If you look at chart below, you will notice that it peaked around August 7 at close to 7000 cases. It has since gone down, so it could be argued that the Stage 4 restrictions that we have here in Melbourne has largely been responsible for the drop in cases.
active_cases_2.png

As you may be aware that today, the Murdoch-owned tabloid Herald Sun reported on "leaks" about what may happen on Sunday, and the media ran with it, with Seven's 4pm news having the Victorian Opposition Leader Michael O'Brien criticising the government. I have been wondering, would the "leaks" been reported if the Liberals were in government in Victoria at this time? Probably not. In my honest opinion, I feel the Victorian Government's slow and steady approach has largely been responsible for the drop in active cases, and we need to look at the active cases, and I feel that the Liberal Party (which governs at the Federal level) wants to open up too quickly and while I would like to see a reopening, we can't go too quickly, as if we go too quickly, then we would risk a third wave and we would be back at square one. And don't get me started on conspiracy theorists who believes that this is a hoax (as mentioned a rant back on Sunday night).

And in case you have forgotten, I live in Brimbank City Council (which has the second highest confirmed cases of coronavirus), and I have found some data that you may be interested in. The population of Brimbank City Council is 209,523 and we have had 123 confirmed cases in the past 2 weeks and 6,786 tests in the previous two weeks (including Yours Truly who was tested a couple of weeks ago and it came back negative) and a testing rate of 3,239; tests per confirmed cases: 55 and percentage positive: 1.8% (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus testing data by local government area).

And now to some of the statistics of the day (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 03 September 2020):

In Victoria at the current time:
  • 4361 cases may indicate community transmission – an increase of 10 since yesterday
  • 2295 cases are currently active in Victoria
  • 361 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 20 in intensive care
  • 16,370 people have recovered from the virus
  • A total of 2,331,261 test results have been received by the department since 1 January. This represents an increase of 82,309 since yesterday and includes a data correction of 47,962 tests conducted before 1 August; 17,249 delayed tests from one laboratory; and 17,098 received in the past 24 hours. The data corrections had no impact on the timely notification of individuals at the time.
Of the 2295 current active cases in Victoria:
  • 2125 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
  • 126 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
  • 38 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
  • 6 are interstate residents
  • Greater Geelong has 38 active cases, Greater Bendigo has nine active cases and Ballarat has four active cases.
Of the total cases:
  • 17,981 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1166 are from regional Victoria
  • Total cases include 9228 men and 10,044 women
  • Total number of healthcare workers: 3241, active cases: 337
  • There are 1121 active cases relating to aged care facilities
  • 213 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 205 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 162 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 118 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 117 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
In Victoria there are currently 34 active cases in residential disability accommodation
  • Total resident cases: 12; Total Staff cases: 22
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 32 (12 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 2 (0 residents)
  • 48 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer
  • 19 cases have been linked to St Vincent’s Private Hospital

And now to the top 10 local government areas (unfortunately, the State Government has gone back to listing by confirmed cases and not active cases, which was a better idea in my opinion) (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 03 September 2020):
WYNDHAM2135270
BRIMBANK1926222
HUME1597164
WHITTLESEA1183109
MELTON1095132
MORELAND1007153
CASEY956121
MELBOURNE87078
MOONEE VALLEY76561
DAREBIN635125
INTERSTATE1036
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN8038
TOTAL193362295

Today, I went to two webinars (one in the morning and one just a few hours ago) and I did a course via CAE (via Zoom). Apart from that, I had a pretty quiet day today. I am currently listening to the radio (Son of Crawdaddy on 3RRR, with Max von Crawdaddy starting with the traditional starting song by the late great Chris Wilson who died last year). And if you are interested in Chris Wilson, there is a page on him on Wikipedia- Chris Wilson (Australian musician) - Wikipedia. I am planning to read a book about what is currently happening in Northeast Asia just before going to bed tonight. I also just listened to The Globalist podcast via Player FM (as you know, I am a current affairs junkie).

TOMORROW: Study Korean and do a online course.

See you tomorrow.

Last edited:
END OF DAY 58: 9 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in Past 24 Hours: 81 new cases (2060 active cases) 650 lives lost (+59 new deaths in past 24 hours)

Today set a grim new record, with 59 more deaths from coronavirus (50 were historic, but were added due to reconciliation of data and 9 was past 24 hours). Of the nine deaths in the previous 24 hours, two men in their 70's, one woman in her 70’s, one man in his 80's, two men in their 90's, two women in their 90's and one woman in her 100's; and eight of the nine deaths were linked to aged care facilities. However, on a brighter note, we were back in double digits with new cases with 81 new cases (an overall increase of 79 due to two cases being reclassified). There are 2060 active cases of coronavirus here in Victoria, but I got a feeling it could fall below 2000 this weekend. And speaking of weekend, the roadmap out of Stage 4 restrictions will be announced by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews this Sunday, and there will be a special post on Sunday about it in addition to the regular post on Sunday night (my time). There are, however, reports that it could be extended by up to 8 weeks to get cases down (which I wouldn't mind, but I know some selfish people, most likely white nationalists and white supremacists, will use conspiracy theories). As mentioned previously, we can't go too quickly and if an extension is required in order to defeat this virus, then so be it.

And now to the data for today (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 04 September 2020):
  • 4369 cases may indicate community transmission – an increase of 8 since yesterday
  • 2060 cases are currently active in Victoria
  • 329 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 20 in intensive care
  • 16,625 people have recovered from the virus
  • A total of 2,356,292 test results have been received which is an increase of 25,031 since yesterday.
Of the 2060 current active cases in Victoria:
  • 1900 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
  • 124 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
  • 32 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
  • 4 are interstate residents
  • Greater Geelong has 38 active cases, Greater Bendigo has seven active cases and Ballarat has three active cases.
Of the total cases:
  • 18,053 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1173 are from regional Victoria
  • Total cases include 9270 men and 10,100 women
  • Total number of healthcare workers: 3267, active cases: 297
  • There are 993 active cases relating to aged care facilities
  • 215 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 206 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 213 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 117 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 117 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 116 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
In Victoria there are currently 30 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 12; Total Staff cases: 18
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 30 (12 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 0

And now the local government areas (top 10)- Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 04 September 2020
WYNDHAM2138234
BRIMBANK1937205
MORELAND1012139
HUME1601134
MELTON1096121
DAREBIN634119
CASEY966110
WHITTLESEA118793
MELBOURNE87679
GREATER DANDENONG 48372
INTERSTATE1034
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN8132
TOTAL194152060

Today I did an online course and listened to the radio. I watched a bit of television tonight.

TOMORROW: Relax

See you tomorrow.

END OF DAY 59: 8 DAYS TO GO...AT LEAST?
Cases in Victoria in the Past 24 Hours: 76 new cases (1956 active cases) 661 lives lost (+11 deaths in past 24 hours)

We are now under 2000 active cases of coronavirus here in Victoria (1956 to be exact), so it is getting better here in Victoria. In the past 24 hours, there has been 76 new cases (an overall increase of 64 due to reclassification, largely due to duplication); but sadly 11 more deaths in the past 24 hours: one man in his 60’s, one man in their 70's, two men in their 80's, two women in their 80's, two men in their 90's and 3 women in their 90's. Ten of the eleven new deaths has been linked to known outbreaks at aged care facilities. However, only six of the deaths were from yesterday with five prior to yesterday.

And in case you forgot, the roadmap out of Stage 4 lockdown will be released tomorrow by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews (I will be watching it tomorrow and mention it in a post sometime tomorrow afternoon my time in addition to the regular post tomorrow night my time). And now to the data (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 05 September 2020):

• 4370 cases may indicate community transmission – an increase of one since yesterday
  • 1956 cases are currently active in Victoria
  • 298 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 21 in intensive care
  • 16,784 people have recovered from the virus
  • A total of 2,372,112 test results have been received which is an increase of 15,820 since yesterday.
Of the 1956 current active cases in Victoria:
  • 1820 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
  • 102 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
  • 31 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
  • 3 are interstate residents
  • Greater Geelong has 21 active cases, Greater Bendigo has six active cases and Ballarat has two active cases.
Of the total cases:
  • 18,116 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1176 are from regional Victoria
  • Total cases include 9304 men and 10,144 women
  • Total number of healthcare workers: 3287, active cases: 286
  • There are 944 active cases relating to aged care facilities
  • 219 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
  • 215 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 206 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 124 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
  • 118 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
  • 117 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
  • 116 cases have been linked to BlueCross Ruckers Hill Aged Care Facility in Northcote
  • 116 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
In Victoria there are currently 24 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
  • Total resident cases: 12; Total Staff cases: 12
  • Active cases in NDIS homes: 24 (12 residents)
  • Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 0
Key outbreaks with more than 20 active cases include:
  • 80 cases have been linked to Frankston Hospital (20 cases are still active)
  • 49 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer (21 cases are still active)

And now to the table of the top 10 local government areas in Melbourne in regards to active cases (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus update for Victoria - 05 September 2020):
WYNDHAM2143218
BRIMBANK1942202
HUME1606133
MORELAND1013128
MELTON1099120
DAREBIN635113
CASEY971100
WHITTLESEA119290
MELBOURNE88081
HOBSONS BAY44268
INTERSTATE1033
OVERSEAS50
UNKNOWN7931
TOTAL194791956

Today was largely a quiet day for me, just listening to the radio as well as going out for a walk.

TOMORROW: Relax, and do an online course (and watched the announcement on the roadmap out of Stage 4.

See you tomorrow.

At the moment, Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews is announcing the roadmap out of Stage 4. Stage 4 restrictions has been extended by two weeks, but some restrictions will be eased from next Sunday. For example,
  • Curfew will start at 2100 instead of the current 2000 (acknowledging that days are getting longer and sunset is later)
  • Exercise will be a maximum of 2 hours a day instead of 1 hour. This could be a two-hour block or split into two one-hour blocks
  • A social bubble will be introduced for those who are living on their own
  • Regional Victoria to enter '2nd Step' of roadmap on September 13
  • All VCE and VCAL students will attend onsite for the General Achievement Test and other essential assessments from 5 October
  • Up to five people will be able to gather together in outdoor public places – the park, the beach – up to a maximum of two households.
  • Outdoor pools and playgrounds in regional Victoria will also open. And religious services can be conducted outside with a maximum of five people, plus a faith leader
  • For schools and students, a staged return to onsite learning from Term Four
For more information, visit Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Statement from The Premier

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom