• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential new anime in October: NEVERMIND! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunyshore

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
EDIT: SUPER FAKE!!!! Nevermind!

ビーイングのアニソン改革を考える - takasama1の話

According to this music blog, the new Pokemon anime (with opening and ending by Bz and Yuria respectively) will have old Pokemon like Pikachu, new gym leaders, rivals, and evil team. The girl is ten years old, and ...wait for it....

She will travel together with a new protaganist who is not Ash.

It will apparently be called Pokemon XXX (Triple X).

That is all the info I have...It seems their sources are music related but I cannot be sure or do much indepth research on my phone. Thanks to my friend Jamie for alerting me!

EDIT: this is all unconfirmed and could be fake!! Keep in mind!!

Last edited:
Re: Potential new anime in October: Pokemon XXX?

Wow. Sounds surprising, but I'll keep skeptical on whether or not it's real.

Please tell me that doesn't mean the same thing in Japan as it does in the US. Sounds really, um, dirty...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought of that when I saw the title. Man, if people thought that googling Pokemon X was bad, just imagine if people googled Pokemon XXX. So much disturbing mental imagery.

Anyway, it does sound interesting, but I'm skeptical about it as well. It seems a bit early for them to talk about the new anime. I imagine that they would wait until after the Genesect movie comes out to have any official mention of it. Still, it would be interesting if the female character is already familiar with the secondary male character just so that Ash can meet them at the same time, as opposed to a few episodes apart as it has normally been done. I'd be totally in favor of having the female trainer from the games joining the cast, especially when that could mean some side quest for her to do while Ash does his usual Gym battles.

Somebody has got to be trolling.

I'm skeptical, but it sounds interesting nonetheless.

I will cry tears of joy if Ash is finally gone from the show, or at least not the main character anymore. Hopefully they could give him a brief mini-series to wrap up his character then.

I've thought of a main girl with her own Pikachu as a way to finally write Ash off for years. Hopefully this happens.

No no no. Hope this is fake. Maybe I am the only one but I want Ash to stay. Yeah he is incredibly stupid sometimes but he has been the shows main character forever and if they will exchange him then please let him become a master and not be beaten by some lucky idiot named Cameron. This CAN NOT be true.

I will cry tears of joy if Ash is finally gone from the show, or at least not the main character anymore. Hopefully they could give him a brief mini-series to wrap up his character then.

I've thought of a main girl with her own Pikachu as a way to finally write Ash off for years. Hopefully this happens.

I highly doubt that's going to happen. I just don't see them getting rid of Ash at this point and this sounds skeptical at best anyway. The fact that the design for the female trainer is apparently fanart doesn't help either. Given how many times they could have replaced Ash and didn't, I don't think that this is going to turn out any differently.

Then why should they call the anime XXX? They should need to have Y too. This is fake.

Then why should they call the anime XXX? They should need to have Y too. This is fake.

It does seem suspicious that this supposed title doesn't refer to the title of both of the games like the last two series have. I don't know if that makes it fake, but it does make it more questionable at least.

Getting rid of Ash at that point? Well, I think not. They had their chance to do so, back in Sinohh. It'd be extremely stupid to drive him off just when he downgraded between the last two Leagues although I would likely throw myself from a waterfall if I lose to Cameron.

And yes, the female trainer art has its differences, compared to the original from CoroCoro.

-edit-

The title doesn't help either. I mean, I'm even afraid to Google this.

I wonder why a music blog would bother spreading misinformation about an anime show.

I don't suppose anyone has any further knowledge of this music blog and how reliable a source it is in general?

This would certainly be an unexpected development it turned out to be true, but...yeah, that XXX alone is setting off a few skepticism alarms in my head right now.

Ash wouldn't be faffing about in Decolora if they were replacing him in October. He's staying, it's not being called XXX.

OH GOD PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE, ESPECIALLY THE ENTIRE NEW CAST PART.

Also this is a perfect opportunity to make the anime aimed towards people over the age of 7.

The XXX alone makes me think it's fake. It's just an easy way to make people looking for information on it to see whether it's fake or not come across disturbing imagery. Plus, why would it even be called XXX? However, if this does somehow turn out to be true somehow, I expect the title to be renamed in other versions of the show. Although, it's also possible that maybe it's just a placeholder title. Is the music blog legitimate though? Is it really from an official site? If it is, it would make it seem real.

i am home now, and will look into this more!

first off... "XXX" is labeled as "temporary".

the artwork is also labeled as being fanart.

Other than that terribly awkward title (which could just be a placeholder like Sunyshore says), I would be down with it.

It can't happen, but for once I want to see both heroes appear. Maybe they could be childhood friends and the girl could travel with Ash while the boy could be her rival (and Ash's) that appears every now and then. It's all up in the air...but Ash and Pikachu are here to stay forever and ever until we're all nothing but bones.

I think this is fake because they wouldn't release who will do the theme songs until a while after the official announcement for the new anime has happened.

Like everyone else, I have some doubts on it due to the bizarre title and Ash leaving. Any chance that これまでのサトシに変わる新しい主人公と同行します could alternatively be taken as "(She) will become a new protagonist who would travel alongside Ash"?

I hope this isn't true, because it would be dumbest move ever made in pokemon history as far as im concerned. Getting rid of Ash after 16 years wouldn't make any sense, let alone who knows what far-reaching consequences this would have for pokemon anime and franchise.

Especially when Ash as character isn't even developed to point that his journey and amount of growth would allow for satisfactory conclusion. Moreover when taken in account current skill and achievements he made being only possible to have him leave on low note joining rest of crew of unfinished companions which didn't even came close toward destination(Misty, May, Brock, Cilan etc come to mind).

Quite frankly if anime ever comes to true ending, i would rather have that Ash sticks around with pokemon ending with character who started everything and his traveling companions being treated as one big continuity which introduced us to this show while giving us insight in their adventures.

Similar how other long running shows with main protagonists do, like Dragon ball, Naruto, One Piece, Sailor Moon, Bakugan etc.

Idea of completely new cast doesn't sound appealing to me in slightest, turning this show in another Yugioh or Digimon giving us chopped several alternate series which suffer from same issues current series are with everything being sugarcoated in package with new faces following another basic storytelling full of restarts and shallow development. Whereas wasting all potential Ash and previous companions have to allow for more substantial story taking them on bigger things through sequels.

If they want to make new series, why not chronicles giving us continuation of adventures from previous companions we grew up with? That would be more profitable and interesting than getting replica of Ash journey through new protagonist.

Personally i want to remember pokemon as something which played part in my childhood having good memories of it instead of everything being dropped by starting out new series with cheap attempt of replicating original show and Ash character ruining picture pokemon anime had and everything it stood for.Thats not kind of show i want to see or remember.

Moreso if this turns out to be true i can say my days of watching pokemon will be over. At least for me, not wishing to be part of such scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom