• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For anyone browsing this section wishing to discuss spoilers and official announcements for the Isle of Armor as well as the Crown Tundra, please keep them to the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass thread. Please be courteous to those who wish to experience the DLCs without being spoiled. Thank you.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Reaction score
I still don't understand the purpose of these giga forms. The abilities are the same, the types are the same.. It's basically another three turns z-move with a form change?
Btw two of the forms changes are pretty lame...

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Dynamax, Gigantamax, Sponsorships, Max Raids... wow...

I can't wait for SwSh to come out, so I can finally skip them.

Last edited:
Laid to Wake
Reaction score
I still don't understand the purpose of these giga forms. The abilities are the same, the types are the same.. It's basically another three turns z-move with a form change?
Btw two of the forms changes are pretty lame...
The G-Max moves. It's essentially the equivalent of the "signature" Z-Moves like Stoked Sparksurfer and Genesis Supernova.

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Game Freak: "Let's tell people we're removing Mega Evolutions and Z Moves from SwSh, so we can reincorporate them under new names, because shiny new names sell more!"

Last edited:
Certified know-it-all
Reaction score
The one to the right strikes to me as a muffin... anyone else feeling this or is it just me?
I think both images are the same Pokemon - you can see the same limb at the right of the creature. The liner-esque shape seems to just be a particle effect.

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
I think both images are the same Pokemon - you can see the same limb at the right of the creature. The liner-esque shape seems to just be a particle effect.
You're probably right. Thanks. My eyes fail me... that red glare from Gigantimax Drednaw blinded me!

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
Game Freak: "Let's remove Mega Evolutions and Z Moves from SwSh, so we can add them under new names, Dynamax and Gigantamax, and advertise them as brand new features, because new things with shiny new names sell more!"
Hardly a stunning manoeuver from the company that has essentially sold us the same game 30 times since 1996. :D

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I do hope that they finally reveal Eternatus before November. I want to know its connection with Zacian and Zamazenta in relation to the plot.

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Hardly a stunning manoeuver from the company that has essentially sold us the same game 30 times since 1998. :D
The longer the word the more impressed the consumer will be!

Gen 9: Supermegamaximum Evolutionizing!

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
If there’s an actual mechanic involving endorsements for the MC, even if I don’t kind the execution, it’d still be something new to add to the game.

Gigantamax is on the same range of Dynamax, Z-moves and Megas for me. The first and the last add a bit in terms of visuals. All those features aren’t vital for me, and not nearly as important as the full dex (while not gamebreaking, I do expect something in return in other parts of the game).

The Champions Cup, and in general the whole way the League works is really intriguing. The offset of possibly losing the E4 is completely matched by the tournament for me.

Of Rose and Oleana, we don’t know enough to judge them, and their role in the story, though it’s still good that they add more characters related and relevant to the main story.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
The G-Max moves. It's essentially the equivalent of the "signature" Z-Moves like Stoked Sparksurfer and Genesis Supernova.
In a way, it's also comparable to Keldeo's Resolute Form, which signified how it had the move Secret Sword. The best way I can sum it up is through the following equation:

Resolute Form + Exclusive Z-Moves (read: G-Max Moves) = Gigantimax

Reaction score
As expected the protest is taking over this video too. Let's see if It will reach the level of the threehouse video.

Attachments

El_

Reaction score
Someone tell me that this isn't a pokemon-
View attachment 120599
You know as well as we all do that's Gigantamax Voltorb. I think I can even see some "smoke" surrounding the head...

Galar is just one big advertisement
It's meta beyond belief.

Well, I'm glad they decided to at least reveal the obvious "plot-twist" villain of the Gen. Well, the leak kinda spoiled that, but come on... even without it he gives off much better final boss vibes than Leon does. And f*ck his eventually revealed Gigantamaxed Charizard. British Tony Stark & Pepper Potts... oi.