• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For anyone browsing this section wishing to discuss spoilers and official announcements for the Isle of Armor as well as the Crown Tundra, please keep them to the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass thread. Please be courteous to those who wish to experience the DLCs without being spoiled. Thank you.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
That logo is also present in Milo's gym.

And on his uniform. -just looked back through some trailers-
At this point, though. Unless it's specifically stated as a town name, it could be something like Hotel Ritchissime or all of the restraunts. Milo could just work there or be the first gym leader with an in-game last name.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score

I know this is already being buzzed about in other threads but it is news and I figure I can just point out that they mention in there that they'll be adding more throughout the month so... yaaaay every day this month is a potential news date. XD

Reaction score
@Aulos
Answering you here because it fits this thread better. Overworld encounters will be present throughout all the game, it's not exclusive to the Wild Area. You can see Woolo in a Route 1 screenshot, and inside the mine, for example. I know the way they presented it may have been confusing, but Wild Area is just the area where the weather changes constantly.

Last edited:
Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I think the main problem is that even considering the type of format this live is, they’re really shaking too little with too much time between each snippet.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I honestly don’t understand why even in their concept art the protagonist’s house doesn’t have a room for the mother/parents.

It’s a little thing, but it’s quite baffling. The concept looks quite nice, though.

Reaction score
After hearing the game informer thing, if they do plan to not reveal any form of starter evolutions, well the designs better look freakin good, cause if the evolve into designs people won't like, that'll lead to a lot of disappointment.

Reaction score
After hearing the game informer thing, if they do plan to not reveal any form of starter evolutions, well the designs better look freakin good, cause if the evolve into designs people won't like, that'll lead to a lot of disappointment.
That's kind of the norm, though. Starter evolutions haven't really been all around great for a long while.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Speaking from a purely design stand point, Gen 7 was pretty good imo.
Yeah, also I love Torracat and even Incineroar (which I hated at first but now love), Decidueye, Primarina, Braixen, and Chesnaught. Gen 6 and 7 had my fave designs, including for starter evos

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
That's kind of the norm, though. Starter evolutions haven't really been all around great for a long while.
I disagree. Gen 1 has the most boring starter final evos, hands down, and they've gradually gotten better. They've upped the creativity each gen, although they could take a bit of a break from the extremely humanoid designs that they've gravitated toward the past decade.

Reaction score
I disagree. Gen 1 has the most boring starter final evos, hands down, and they've gradually gotten better. They've upped the creativity each gen, although they could take a bit of a break from the extremely humanoid designs that they've gravitated toward the past decade.
-hands up because she still prefers them over everything else- The more "creative" designs of recent years make me not want to evolve my starters.

But point really just being that people disliking and being disappointed by starter evolution designs is typical and pretty much expected. Can't really say that they had better be really good designs because they just will never be unanimously liked. Some will like them, some won't. It's unavoidable.

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
-hands up because she still prefers them over everything else- The more "creative" designs of recent years make me not want to evolve my starters.

But point really just being that people disliking and being disappointed by starter evolution designs is typical and pretty much expected. Can't really say that they had better be really good designs because they just will never be unanimously liked. Some will like them, some won't. It's unavoidable.
This. Everyone has different tastes and every final form will have its fans, no matter what. I thought everyone loathed Incineroar until I recently learned it's extremely popular in Japan.

And anyone wanting to see the final forms can just... Look thenm up in a leak that will be 100% out the day of release.

That being said, I'd like the middle stages please.

Reaction score
This. Everyone has different tastes and every final form will have its fans, no matter what. I thought everyone loathed Incineroar until I recently learned it's extremely popular in Japan.
XD Japan loves Incineroar because it's based on a pop culture icon. The rest of the world doesn't have that bias.