• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
So the person who chooses Grookey would likely be somebody who likes to party a lot...

And someone who chooses Scorbunny would probably have to be very athletic in order to able to keep up with it.

Guess I’m going to be choosing Sobble then, because I’m certainly not either one of those things myself.
Calling it now, Sobble is the patron Pokemon of clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder.

learn it live it love it
Reaction score
So, monday grookey. tuesday scorbunny. wednesday sobble.
please tell me thursday = mid evolutions
I’m not getting my hopes up too much, to avoid disappointment; but I’m hoping we get them revealed this week, along with the official reveal of Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, Impadimp and maybe another set of version exclusive gym leaders.

Reaction score
Again, aren't the videos like totally unrelated from the general marketing strategy? As they are made by Gameinformer.

Reaction score
If they want Scorbunny's evolution ito really be unexpected, let it go from two leg to four leg. And maybe based on like a motorcycle or something since it likes to go fast.
After discovering Turbo Teen thanks to blameitonjorge, that idea is giving me weird mental images.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
2 leg to 4 leg like samurott would be great, albeit strange, considering fire starter final forms are almost always (depending on how you count typhlosion) bipedal. I hope this is the case, though I'd find it unusual for a rabbit pokemon.

Reaction score
Plot twist; Scorbunny becomes lazy on evolution and resembles a red version of Snorlax, Fire/Food type.
over my dead body. Hell no... Hell no... and no fire/fighting... Emboar 2.0 ...
something like that with a horse or ox/bull starter but not with a rabbit.

Reaction score
Calling it now, Sobble is the patron Pokemon of clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder.
I'm thinking they're going to say Sobble is for the misunderstood, quiet type of Trainer who nevertheless cares deeply about their Pokémon, and who can get it to warm up to them.

EDIT:
So Galarian Ponyta is the Shield exclusive counterpart to Sirfetch'd. So I guess that's another point in favor of Shield for me, since I like its design better than Sirfetch'd, personally.

It's hard to see because of the scan quality, but it does indeed look to be pure Fairy-type, judging by the pink colored line in the info box. Which raises the question: Will a Galarian Rapidash be Opal's ace Pokémon? Or will Gloria (aka "Shield") own one in the Anime or Manga?

In any case, I'm really, REALLY hoping we get middle stage starter evos along with Galarian Ponyta & Rapidash in the next trailer, especially with the starter GameFreak interview videos hinting at that.

Last edited:
Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Given its seemingly pure fairy type, it’s quite possible now that Galarian Rapidash is the Fairy Flying, as speculated with the stream.

Interesting ability, and right now, considering also the pseudo exclusive mons (Tyranitar is one of my all time favourites), I’d go with Shield. It seems a little unbalanced having once exclusive with both Galarian form, while the other has a cross evolution. .

Although it’s possible that there’ll be an inverse situation, with a yet revealed cross evolution for Shield, and a full Galarian line for Sword, but I wouldn’t get the point to announcing the exclusive in that order.

One thing I’d say, even if I like the restrain I marketing reveals and spoilers, not knowing which Pokémon you get in each version, at least a decent number of them, isn’t making the choice easy.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Something to consider, though, is that some leak were referring to Galarian Ponyta and Sirfetch, I think. with Chalot having a ghost evolution and Blitze being exclusive of the opposites version, and the fairy gym leader using either Rapidash or Zebstrika, the opposite of the one we could have in the game.

The combination would make sense as for the cross evo of the flying Pokémon, you’d get the one with the type based on the gym exclusive, and the two equine, Galarian fairy type lines would be a perfect balance. I still wouldn’t get the weird way to announce them, but the whole marketing stage has been uncommon.

If this leak is true, it mentioned a second pair of exclusive gyms (which makes sense to me in any case, with the idea of Major and minor league). It’d be a Dark-Steel switch.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Something to consider, though, is that some leak were referring to Galarian Ponyta and Sirfetch, I think. with Chalot having a ghost evolution and Blitze being exclusive of the opposites version, and the fairy gym leader using either Rapidash or Zebstrika, the opposite of the one we could have in the game.

The combination would make sense as for the cross evo of the flying Pokémon, you’d get the one with the type based on the gym exclusive, and the two equine, Galarian fairy type lines would be a perfect balance. I still wouldn’t get the weird way to announce them, but the whole marketing stage has been uncommon.

If this leak is true, it mentioned a second pair of exclusive gyms (which makes sense to me in any case, with the idea of Major and minor league). It’d be a Dark-Steel switch.
This Famitsu article implies that the G-Ponyta line and Sirfetch'd are version exclusive counterparts of each other.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
This Famitsu article implies that the G-Ponyta line and Sirfetch'd are version exclusive counterparts of each other.
If that’s what it said, then it’d fit the time of reveal, but it’d still be weird to have the two exclusives being so different, one a cross evo and another a Galarian line.

It doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t announce later Chalot’s ego and Galarian Blitze, but it’d be quite more far-fetched.