• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Okay, the stream was acceptable in my opinion as I expected a bigger trailer after it with Impidimp, maybe a zone/gymleader, Ponyta and a Rapidash or something.

But just a trailer for Ponyta? Only that? 5 days of waiting for Ponyta only?

This reveal-cycle is absolutely bonkers. I hope it won't disappoint the 15th of november.

Counterpart of Farfetch'd?

Rings more alarm bells honestly. They've never been counterparts in any way, shape or form. This makes it seem like there really are very very few new designs that they have to make Ponyta a counterpart to Farfetch'd.

They aren't even the same really. How is Ponyta defense oriented? Sirfetch'd is a regional evolution and Ponyta is just a Galarian form. Farfetch'd didn't even get a form.
They fit just as well as Nintales and Sandslash did last gen.
my guess is that it's a brains and its a brains and brawns kind of thing

Okay, the stream was acceptable in my opinion as I expected a bigger trailer after it with Impidimp, maybe a zone/gymleader, Ponyta and a Rapidash or something.

But just a trailer for Ponyta? Only that? 5 days of waiting for Ponyta only?

This reveal-cycle is absolutely bonkers. I hope it won't disappoint the 15th of november.
Given Sonia’s report on the site, it seems quite likely that they want to go for revealing the bar minimum in the marketing cycle.

The forest in the stream will have more Pokémon catchable in the game then what they shown in the stream, for example.

Given Sonia’s report on the site, it seems quite likely that they want to go for revealing the bar minimum in the marketing cycle.

The forest in the stream will have more Pokémon catchable in the game then what they shown in the stream, for example.
I just think they haven't hit a sweetspot between revealing almost-everything and revealing-minimally yet. Not even close to it.

Iirc zacian and zamazenta merch is leaking this month, right? i remember paul ryan saying that is gonna reveal their typing

I just think they haven't hit a sweetspot between revealing almost-everything and revealing-minimally yet. Not even close to it.
If the scarcity of information isn’t intentional on giving as little as possible, but based on just what their idea of a balance between too little info and too much info should be, I’d agree. But we don’t know if that’s the real reason or not.

I’m on the fence, because I like this kind of marketing, in general, but given the version exclusive situation, I’d also want to know more about the Pokémon available in each version.

I’m in a dilemma now... I like the fire type, and Scorbunny's design, but I'm not athletic at all and don’t really relate to Scorbunny all that much. Whereas, with Sobble, I was initially meh with its design, but Sobble disturbingly reminds me of myself I was the childhood resident crybaby and I really want to take it in and see how it grows, specially since it’s giving me the vibes that it’ll be like Greninja when it evolves (the only other Trio where I ditched the fire starter for water as my favourite).

I guess it’s time to remove "Scorbunny fan". Scorbunny, it’s not personal, I just can’t decide between you and Sobble!

Counterpart of Farfetch'd?

Rings more alarm bells honestly. They've never been counterparts in any way, shape or form. This makes it seem like there really are very very few new designs that they have to make Ponyta a counterpart to Farfetch'd.

They aren't even the same really. How is Ponyta defense oriented? Sirfetch'd is a regional evolution and Ponyta is just a Galarian form. Farfetch'd didn't even get a form.
We don't know that Farfetch'd didn't get a form yet or if they're just hiding it like Rapidash. Also Sandshrew and Vulpix have never been counterparts in any way shape or form but we saw what happened there. So you can lower your alarm bells. =P

Honestly, given that they probably don't share the same location in-game, I suspect that they're only counterparts as far as being version-exclusive regionals of past Pokémon and that their actual in-game location counterparts might be two entirely new version-exclusive pokemon.

Don't knights and unicorns have correlation in folk tales of old in the UK and Great Britain? That's what makes sense to me for Sirfetch'd and Galarian Ponyta to be version exclusive counterparts. Plus knights ride on horses, so...

I've spent my whole life fading into the background and happily avoiding social situations. Sobble is my guy.

Edit: Man these games are only 37 days away holy smoke

Last edited:
If the scarcity of information isn’t intentional on giving as little as possible, but based on just what their idea of a balance between too little info and too much info should be, I’d agree. But we don’t know if that’s the real reason or not.

I’m on the fence, because I like this kind of marketing, in general, but given the version exclusive situation, I’d also want to know more about the Pokémon available in each version.
I think the marketing has been quite weak this time, to be honest.

I find it another extension of GameFreak's overcompensating. Last marketing season revealed too much? Reveal too less this time!

Remember when children got lost in Sinnoh, every other game became linear and easy? (Note: easiness depends on personal tastes, and varies. I added it in for the sake of argument since “The games are too easy!” has been said way too many times)

This marketing strategy could have worked for any game other than SwSh, but information scarcity in the same reveal cycle as Dexit? I wouldn’t call it a wise decision, at all. They need better execution of ideas like the forest. I kinda wish one of the two Ponyta began evolving on-screen, the stream cuts, and we get the continuation in a trailer with the official reveal of Galarian Ponyta, Rapidash, Impidimp and some new Pokemon.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that they aren't hiding anything particularly exciting about Impidimp. I think they're just trolling us because he's, you know, a literal troll :D

Remember when children got lost in Sinnoh, every other game became linear and easy?

I wouldn't call gen 5 easy and gen 7 can be decently difficult, though I agree with the rest of your post. GameFreak is overcompensating too much now in my opinion. They should've explored Glimwood Tangle more in the trailer and revealed Impidimp, Galarian Ponyta, and Galarian Rapidash.

I definitely relate to Sobble the most and don't match with Scorbunny at all, personality wise.... I'm still picking Scorbunny though, at least for my first playthough.

Not the first time my team members have been the opposite of me. We'll still get along. :p
Same tbh.
i relate with sobble more, but at the of the day i like scorbunny.
i will pick sobble second time tho

I might pick Sobble first and foremost if I like the evolutions. If l like scorbunny’s better than I’ll give it a shot!
I wouldn't call gen 5 easy and gen 7 can be decently difficult, though I agree with the rest of your post. GameFreak is overcompensating too much now in my opinion. They should've explored Glimwood Tangle more in the trailer and revealed Impidimp, Galarian Ponyta, and Galarian Rapidash.
Addressed the difficulty thing with a new note in the original reply.

Back
Top Bottom