• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Update on the full box in the Wild Area: it doesn't heal your Pokèmon.

EDIT: the bag of the MC apparently belonged to the MC's father.

DOUBLE EDIT: the coop aspect of the game in the Wild Area was shown as a presentation, they didn't test it themselves. Which would explain why it doesn't show new Pokèmon, it was made explictely to announce it, without showing new Pokèmon.

TRIPLE EDIT: new move similar to Heal Pulse, Water, that the npcs bots in Raid max used to heal the party, that heals even more Pokèmon with Water Veil. It's learned by Togepi.

Last edited:
Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I can understand not asking to reveal the new Pokemon, but not being able to disclose the older Pokemon? Seriously, what’s the harm in that? It’s not as if they’d contribute to marketing.
Agreed.

Another update that I posted in the edit of the tweet, the autosave can be turned off.

EDIT: cutscenes can be skipped.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I wonder how EV traning is gonna work
Hopefully they worked on something. I guess the hint in the GI coverage on making your story Pokèmon competitively viable means that you can change the EV with ease.

Finally with a Pokémon avatar
Reaction score
I wonder how EV traning is gonna work
Possibly only Pokémon who actually battle will get EVs?

Permanent Exp Share: It could work out alright if you get very little exp for Pokémon whose level is too high compared to the enemy, like in the Suikoden series.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Oh yeah, since there's the different between active pokèmon and not for the aumont of exp to get, I guess the active ones will get exp and EV, and the bench pokèmon only exp, halfed.

Another update: Rotomphone doesn't talk.

edit: @Daren: the exp varies based on your level, so I guess if you're way too overleveled you'll get little exp.

There are no tutorials in the game.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
Possibly only Pokémon who actually battle will get EVs?
This will work i guess
but pokemon you breed won't be able to fight at first which will make it longer to get EVs
i hope they will have a better way

Reaction score
Oh yeah, since there's the different between active pokèmon and not for the aumont of exp to get, I guess the active ones will get exp and EV, and the bench pokèmon only exp, halfed.

Another update: Rotomphone doesn't talk.
I know that's a relief for some, but now it makes me question the point of Rotom tagging along

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
An update on the spoiler tag in my previous post (please, don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled).

Another Italian site straight out said what happens. You and Hop have to find a lost Wooloo in the nearby woods (Bosco Assopito in italian), and you meet there the cover legendary...without their golden ornaments. I wonder if they currently aren't at full power, as the CGI trailer hinted at an hidden power/form, or if there's something else going.
I kinda want to see this scene more than any new pokemon, oddly enough. XD

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Yep, there seems to be 9 based on the article, and the Everyeye one mentions that in the first routes only new mons are available, as in Black and White (but it's more impressive given that this game has other generations' mon in it).

That's really great, compared to SM, where we got lots of old mons or Alolan Rattata early on.
This! THIS! This is actually one thing I really hoped they would fix this gen, and they did. I absolutely hated how in SM Kukui says Alola is "full of rare Pokemon", and then you go o the early routes and there are hardly any new Pokemon at all. I was hoping this would be corrected so badly and it is and I could not be more happy!