• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Reaction score
This! THIS! This is actually one thing I really hoped they would fix this gen, and they did. I absolutely hated how in SM Kukui says Alola is "full of rare Pokemon", and then you go o the early routes and there are hardly any new Pokemon at all. I was hoping this would be corrected so badly and it is and I could not be more happy!
If you think about it; Alola was more pathetic than Kalos. Almost 1/3 of the new Alolan designs were 'special' (Legendary, Mythical or Ultra Beast). Kalos didn't suffer from this and had only 6 Legendaries/Mythicals.

And, as you mentioned, a lot of the Alolan designs were very spread-out. So, it kind of felt like a tropical Kanto-game in some ways.

Reaction score
you must've not been around during SM and USUM when everyone was bemoaning how riddled they were with tutorials, despite the fact that there's like an entire three? tutorials?

fans like to over-generously call things a tutorial and a cutscene
I kind of agree with that. Catching, z-moves, and that photo thing are like the only tutorials I remember, everything including the school was just story. But I think people call it a tutorial cause they give you battle tips in that section

Reaction score
I kind of agree with that. Catching, z-moves, and that photo thing are like the only tutorials I remember, everything including the school was just story. But I think people call it a tutorial cause they give you battle tips in that section
I guess that people confuse the two because tutorials and some cutscenes were intertwined in the beginning of Sun/Moon/Ultra.

It still felt unnecessary, though, and I'm glad some changes have been made. Pokémon will never be tutorial-less, I think, but the beginning of Sun/Moon was just too crowded with things like that.

Reaction score
That was to be expected though. Especially because it connects diffrent cities. And especially due to the fact that GF put a lot of emphasis on keeping things linear enough that people don't just f-off and forget about the main objective of the game. You're probably forced to go around or take trains to get to where you need to go instead.

Which isn't all of a bad thing since a lot of people are starting to hate open world due to the over saturation in recent years.
Yeah, I didn't say it was something unexpected, just something I didn't like.

It's a con thing to me because I like open world games (I mean, I'm not one of those people).

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
you must've not been around during SM and USUM when everyone was bemoaning how riddled they were with tutorials, despite the fact that there's like an entire three? tutorials?
Actually, I was around during SM and USUM. And I did see a lot of bemoaning and criticism, as well as exaggerations. However, people exaggerating the number of tutorials and cutscenes doesn't mean there are varying definitions of them floating around the fandom.

fans like to over-generously call things a tutorial and a cutscene
The definitions for tutorial and cutscene are so clear cut that I'd say it would be pretty difficult to over-generously call things tutorials and cutscenes even if they are not.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
It's not a big deal but I thought it was interesting....in this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxsdBOHLiso

The guy says that there's a new building in the large brick city called the "Budew Inn" and it's where trainers who are participating in the league challenge can stay. I guess that's the room we've seen with the Budew.

Makes me wonder if we're getting a Galarian Roselia or if I'm overthinking it.
So you high five with Grookey, cute. Also, that guy said you register for the league in that city, I wonder if that's also where you get your gym uniform.

Oh, there are photos of Leon in the player's room.

So I'm supposed to like him by default? Okay. :rolleyes:

Add this to the things I didn't like.
Aw, that's so cute.

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Oh, there are photos of Leon in the player's room.

So I'm supposed to like him by default? Okay. :rolleyes:

Add this to the things I didn't like.
As far as we know that autograph you had in Alola was also his.

Either way, personally I think it's adorable.

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
As far as we know that autograph you had in Alola was also his.
Nitpicking here but LGPE confirmed it was Lt. Surge's. If you interact with it in USUM, it explicitly says it's the autograph of a Gym Leader in Kanto and that it reads, "Good Luck!"

In LGPE, after you beat Surge, he gives you an item that looks exactly it, and the item description for it says "Good Luck!"

Reaction score
Nitpicking here but LGPE confirmed it was Lt. Surge's. If you interact with it in USUM, it explicitly says it's the autograph of a Gym Leader in Kanto and that it reads, "Good Luck!"

In LGPE, after you beat Surge, he gives you an item that looks exactly it, and the item description for it says "Good Luck!"
Yeah, I also doubt most character-designs were finished when Sun/Moon launched.

The concepting is most likely still busy at that stage.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LfMBq51j18

For those that know Italian, the last 10-15 minutes, he takes the information from Ohmori about Dynamax and Gigamax of being visual projections, and the fact that they might not change weight (hence why they placed the ‘???’ On their bios, as it’d have been a giveaway), to form a theory on the third legendary (possible spoiler from the Affleck leak below):

Since Dynamax and Gigamax are visual projections, the ‘body’ of then could simply be the energy they absorb from Eternatue to create those visual projections and become stronger. That also works with the fact that the Dyna balls used to catch the raid Pokémon Immediately get back to their form, and despite their impact on the ground, Mylo can throw one with one arm: they don’t change weight either, it’s the energy that gets stored with the bracelet and necessary to catch the raid Pokémon that makes the impact on the ground.

In that way, those bodies could be defined ethereal. That might mean that Eternatus name might originate from ‘Arthur Natus’; the connection of aether with space might mean that Eternatus comes from space, from another dimension maybe...that he might be an Ultra Beast. I recall speculations of the UB originally being planned for later gens, but that might be something I misrecall. There’s a connection with James Turner however.

He ends up with a connection with Arceus’ plates, as one talked about the energy ‘generated’ by the giants, and the fact that the Seemingly possibly gen 4 remakes might expand on the creation myth and the giants Arceus faced, but that is a pet theory of his, the giants speculations, so I’m not sure how much it’d work, although I do find it interesting.

If you can understand the language, I’d suggest to watch the video as I might’ve misunderstood or forgot something, but it is an interesting theory to me.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Are we going to get to know some new pokemon, or are they not allowed to say?