• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
My point was that they can still be hard to find without restricting it to just the fully evolved stages, though- shinies are/were hard to find yet available in every stage. It just comes down to numbers. And given how they're promoting G-max, I do believe that they are supposed to be somewhat difficult to find but not extremely difficult, unlike how shinies were.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Hopefully they’d release that info before release.

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
19 days until release!

Can't wait for the day I'm able to say

THIS IS THE NIIIIGHT (this is the niiiight) I'm gonna play the Pokemooonnn.

Sorry, I just watched the Garfield Halloween special. Hahah

#Shield
Reaction score
You do have to catch them in raids, but you could instead find their base forms in raids. We've seen raids for pre-evos, such as Ralts. So you wouldn't necessarily have to catch the fully evolved G-max version if you can instead find a raid for the base form with just a yellow background and glowing sprite.
I really hope you are right but I am still skeptical.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Just 19 days away, though we could get leaks as early as 9 days from now. That's usually when someone somehow gets a copy early and leaks everything.

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
Just 19 days away, though we could get leaks as early as 9 days from now. That's usually when someone somehow gets a copy early and leaks everything.
It's gonna happen, and then we will know everything.

The question is, do I have the willpower to avoid the datamine and wait the last 9 daya until release?

Once the datamine does come out, PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS

Reaction score
Once the datamine does come out, PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS
Sadly, even if the people on this site are respectful, you still have the jerks who do stuff like put the Lusamine battle in the thumbnail and title on day one plastered across YouTube which was impossible to avoid. :mad:

Reaction score
You can breed Own Tempo Rockruff that evolve into Dusk Lycanroc.
Yes. However, there is a difference: Rockruff - Dusk Lycanroc is a direct evolution, while Greninja - Ash-Greninja is a form.

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
Yes. However, there is a difference: Rockruff - Dusk Lycanroc is a direct evolution, while Greninja - Ash-Greninja is a form.
But Ash-Greninja is a super-special-anime-tie-in form while GMax isn’t as special. And plus, there’s something called Dynamax power right? Maybe that could factor into the ability to GMax and be passed down.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
...not really, because if you breed Dusk Lycanroc you get essentially "Dusk Lycanroc" Rockruffs. Since Dusk Lycanroc was distributed in its base form and the indicator for what Rockruff could evolve into Dusk Lycanroc was determined by its ability, Dusk Lycanroc was easily allowed to be breedable.

The problem with Ash-Greninja is that they didn't program a Battle Bond Froakie. Without that, breeding Ash-Greninja would probably result in glitches because there's no Froakie with the same ability slot. Sure, they could have programmed it differently, but it was a dumb Ash-centric promotional gift that wasn't being given out in its base form to begin with- hardly any incentive to avoid cutting that corner.

Gigantamax, on the other hand, isn't such a specified one-off specialty thing, and it's not tied to the pokemon's ability slot. So there has to be an indicator somewhere in the code for whether or not a specific pokemon can gigantamax- essentially a hidden value- and if that hidden value is coded in to every pokemon, then it could easily be made into a trait that could be passed down to offspring.

Whether or not they actually did that... can't really say at this point. But it's not the same situation as Battle Bond Greninja, in any case.

Reaction score
...not really, because if you breed Dusk Lycanroc you get essentially "Dusk Lycanroc" Rockruffs. Since Dusk Lycanroc was distributed in its base form and the indicator for what Rockruff could evolve into Dusk Lycanroc was determined by its ability, Dusk Lycanroc was easily allowed to be breedable.

The problem with Ash-Greninja is that they didn't program a Battle Bond Froakie. Without that, breeding Ash-Greninja would probably result in glitches because there's no Froakie with the same ability slot. Sure, they could have programmed it differently, but it was a dumb Ash-centric promotional gift that wasn't being given out in its base form to begin with- hardly any incentive to avoid cutting that corner.

Gigantamax, on the other hand, isn't such a specified one-off specialty thing, and it's not tied to the pokemon's ability slot. So there has to be an indicator somewhere in the code for whether or not a specific pokemon can gigantamax- essentially a hidden value- and if that hidden value is coded in to every pokemon, then it could easily be made into a trait that could be passed down to offspring.

Whether or not they actually did that... can't really say at this point. But it's not the same situation as Battle Bond Greninja, in any case.
I imagine that's what this bottom slot under the ability is for.

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
Not surprising that there was no new information in Pokenchi, they aren't a news source that we really ever need to keep an eye on.

If we do hear any more new information this month, the safest bet will be the 29th, 30th or 31st. But honestly, other than maybe one final trailer at the beginning of the first week of November, I don't expect to really hear anything new until the games release, save for the datamine.

Why do I feel like those 14 days are going to go by agonizingly slowly...

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
The next few days are gonna feel pretty slow, unless they have a surprise news drop in the next two weeks. We haven't really gotten a good news drop with much to talk about since September.

Reaction score
I think we are going to get 1 more trailer since we got that 9 min overview trailer this week.

Within the next 2 weeks id guess

At the very least we will get the legendary typeing that toy figure leaks that will happen at the end of the month.

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
At the very least we will get the legendary typeing that toy figure leaks that will happen at the end of the month.
FYI I fully expect their typings to be displayed as “???” (if mentioned at all) in merchandise leaks. That’s how they were displayed in the magazine they were in this month, and the developers have stated they want players to learn about them in-game.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I kinda question Paul a bit on dates because we never seem to see anything posted at the times that they're supposed to be posted by... with so few days left of October, I wonder if we'll actually see that merch with or without types.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Sadly, even if the people on this site are respectful, you still have the jerks who do stuff like put the Lusamine battle in the thumbnail and title on day one plastered across YouTube which was impossible to avoid. :mad:
YouTube's probably the worst place to go if you’re avoiding spoilers for pretty obvious reasons...

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
YouTube's probably the worst place to go if you’re avoiding spoilers for pretty obvious reasons...
Yeah. If you want to be sure you don't see spoilers, I would just avoid the internet in general for a good week. There are lots of good people who are considerate, but there are also a lot of people who don't think to use secure thumbnails, or post without spoiler warnings when talking about anything new. Some don't even mean to do not use spoilers, could be that they simply forgot. I'm sure I have forgotten once or twice to put spoilers in when mentioning the datamine on a thread not talking about the datamine.