• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Reaction score
While I'm glad this is now a thing, I find it ridiculous that you can only change the nickname once. Two steps forward, one step back...
What? Really? Why?

I guess becuase once it's nicknamed it becomes a nicknamed pokemon with a different Trainer ID. LOL

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
Wait, on all Pokemon?
Only with traded Pokémon that lack a nickname. Per the SwSh website, "if a Pokémon you received in a trade doesn’t have a nickname, you’ll now have the chance to give it a nickname—but only once!"

I guess becuase once it's nicknamed it becomes a nicknamed pokemon with a different Trainer ID. LOL
That makes sense. I guess they didn't, couldn't, or forgot to code a distinction between a nickname from the original trainer and a nickname from the new trainer.

Reaction score
Only with traded Pokémon that lack a nickname. Per the SwSh website, "if a Pokémon you received in a trade doesn’t have a nickname, you’ll now have the chance to give it a nickname—but only once!"

That makes sense. I guess they didn't, couldn't, or forgot to code a distinction between a nickname from the original trainer and a nickname from the new trainer.
It seems like it is on purpose, but then again, who knows?

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I was surprised to see a new trailer today. I thought they were done until the 15th, but it's nice to see more new features.

Everything they mentioned sounds cool. The nature-stat changing mints sound like they'll be really helpful and totally eliminate the issue of being stuck with a Pokemon with a crappy nature on your in game team. I hope they can be purchased or if not, that won't be too hard to get.

Being able to swap out your team on the move is of course great. I'm so glad they kept that from Let's Go because it truly was one of the best features.

And passing egg moves through the daycare sounds really convenient.

The Gigantamax events are nice but...I really wish they were doing one for Alcremie instead of Butterfree. :cry:

learn it live it love it
Reaction score

At this point I’d assume its more of a “didn’t want to” sort of thing. Back in the days of Gen 1-2, I would have thought it was an issue of “can’t”.

But AC has had the option of “reporting” villagers for years. Its there so the game can reset the character back to their default mode if someone managed to give them a phrase or outfit you deem offensive. I can’t remember if it was WW or NL, but its been in play long enough that the hardware/software capabilities are there.

While I’m glad they’re at least addressing the issue on some level (I imagine that its meant more for international trading where the “nickname” is the Pokémon’s official name in a language foreign to the tradee), it doesn’t help in situations where you get a Farfetch’d named “Dux” lol

Reaction score
But AC has had the option of “reporting” villagers for years. Its there so the game can reset the character back to their default mode if someone managed to give them a phrase or outfit you deem offensive. I can’t remember if it was WW or NL, but its been in play long enough that the hardware/software capabilities are there.
That was in New Leaf, don't know if it was on Wild World or City Folk.

learn it live it love it
Reaction score
That was in New Leaf, don't know if it was on Wild World or City Folk.
Oh, it was definitely in NL, just don’t remember if it was available before that. I was so disappointed when I realized that it just reset the character; I was desperately hoping that it kicked unwanted villagers out!

Reaction score
Oh, it was definitely in NL, just don’t remember if it was available before that. I was so disappointed when I realized that it just reset the character; I was desperately hoping that it kicked unwanted villagers out!
If we could get that option normally (you could technically do this if you had amiibo cards and an NFC reader) + choosing were they can build houses, it would be perfect.

Reaction score
At this point I’d assume its more of a “didn’t want to” sort of thing. Back in the days of Gen 1-2, I would have thought it was an issue of “can’t”.
there's really no reason it would ever be a can't. it really just boils down to a function of how they want to build the Pokemon world.

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ, ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ
Reaction score
While I'm glad this is now a thing, I find it ridiculous that you can only change the nickname once. Two steps forward, one step back...
At this point, I'm just glad that you can do it; all the obscenely named Pokemon myself and my younger brother (as well as children period) received online can finally be changed. I'll never forget his face when he got a Shiny Sylveon via Wonder Trade only to be disturbed due to it being named V*irgin.

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
At this point, I'm just glad that you can do it; all the obscenely named Pokemon myself and my younger brother (as well as children period) received online can finally be changed. I'll never forget his face when he got a Shiny Sylveon via Wonder Trade only to be disturbed due to it being named V*irgin.
You can only give nicknames to traded Pokemon without one. Traded Pokemon with nicknames still can't be changed.

learn it live it love it
Reaction score
there's really no reason it would ever be a can't. it really just boils down to a function of how they want to build the Pokemon world.
We know the original games had a lot of glitches; I meant I might have assumed (if I put much thought into it back then) that they chose to not allow nickname changes because it might have created issues, based on how they built/coded it.

Reaction score
You can only give nicknames to traded Pokemon without one. Traded Pokemon with nicknames still can't be changed.
Well, I could help with that, but that would mean waiting a bit til I get a Switch, Sword, and a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Not really "news" but I couldn't think where else to put it.

Really cool sounding. :bulbaWave:
So the Toby Fox track isn't a leak from the not-so-secret club anymore.

That's good to hear.

Reaction score
this generation has a lot of sound in it if you get what I mean ;)
Hope in moves and abilities too.