• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I keep seeing the "for a pokemon game" everywhere. Guys there's not just Pokemon in this world. Just because they added some details to the games we cannot just pretend that they don't look way worse than games that right now are two years old.
I mean Pokemon is among the biggest Nintendo titles (if not the 1st) but It is not even among the first 20 titles with the best graphics released on the switch, which is embarassing for a billionaire franchise.
Here's an idea- stop comparing them to games produced by an entirely different studio? Why the fuck do they have to live up to what another studio is producing? And that "billionaire franchise" is split between three companies, one of which is Nintendo who has their own substantial profits on the side for games that they actually develop- such as the ones that you're comparing Pokemon to.

Here's an idea- stop comparing them to games produced by an entirely different studio? Why the fuck do they have to live up to what another studio is producing? And that "billionaire franchise" is split between three companies, one of which is Nintendo who has their own substantial profits on the side for games that they actually develop- such as the ones that you're comparing Pokemon to.
Which basically means let's justify that billionaire franchise for releasing rushed games with bad graphics because they want more money so they split their already small team and cut off most of the cool features. Not on board, sorry.

The fact that graphics might look not on par with games of this year, or a couple years older, doesn’t mean that they are necessarily bad, and it shouldn’t be the focal point of the game, although an important part of it (and once more, we should wait for the final release to judge them, because they’re improving each time we’re seeing something).

Dragon Age Origins had outdated graphics for the time it was released in 2009 (and in my opinion more outdated that SwoShi’s are for its own period). It’s still regarded as one of the best RPGs of all time despite that.

You certainly can criticize the graphics of Pokémon games, but considering that they've never really been the best-looking thing on a system despite being as lucrative as they are, it feels unrealistic to me to expect that to suddenly change.

You certainly can criticize the graphics of Pokémon games, but considering that they've never really been the best-looking thing on a system despite being as lucrative as they are, it feels unrealistic to me to expect that to suddenly change.
That's true but I just choose not to pretend the graphics look good just because we are not allowed to expect something actually good.

Not to mention most companies that have made the games this year had longer experience developing home console games than GF has, and since they want to focus on improving themselves rather than outsourcing. So yeah, GF has a bit of catch up to do, but it's why I'm one of a handful of peoplr that are impressed with how the game looks cause this may not be a huge step compared to other games, but this is a huge step for them.

Here we go again...
Don't worry, I'm gonna stop this. ;)
There's really no need to go on with this conversation (unless another bad news comes and people will stop justifying them again).

There is more correct than incorrect, but one ought to still take everything with a grain of salt.
Most of the correct parts are which Pokemon are in the dex, though, which is something that you can figure out by watching footage. The fact that they got a Pokemon wrong seems to mean that's what they did. And the only remaining part confirmed to be true is that the camera control is only in the wild area, which is kinda a 50/50 guess.

Just wait and see the Lite isn't Pokemon Go compatible, which makes Lets Go pointless.
Lite is as incompatible with Go as the Switch is since it, too doesn’t have a camera. That isn’t going to make Let's Go pointless.

Let's Go being available on a system and Go being available on a phone doesn’t make either thing pointless. Both can function independently.

Lite is as incompatible with Go as the Switch is since it, too doesn’t have a camera. That isn’t going to make Let's Go pointless.

Let's Go being available on a system and Go being available on a phone doesn’t make either thing pointless. Both can function independently.

I mean that you cannot transfer mons over.

Just wait and see the Lite isn't Pokemon Go compatible, which makes Lets Go pointless.
You can use bluetooth Joycons and Play in tablet mode...even if those games are not exactly great in that mode considering that probably the new console has no tablet mode...

Back
Top Bottom