• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Reaction score
This is literally the worst game in the series GameFreak should be tight lipped for. This is the game that needs to convince people that its worth the spend, and overcome the outrage.
Yeah not exactly the best idea to leave the biggest flaw of the game as the only bit of info for people to sit on.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Yeah not exactly the best idea to leave the biggest flaw of the game as the only bit of info for people to sit on.
There is Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing, although that isn't much to remedy this.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Some people are thinking that we are only going to have 1 news drop every month.

Reaction score
Some people are thinking that we are only going to have 1 news drop every month.
That would be very odd, especially now that Corocoro never brings anything remotely interesting to the table anymore.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I'm starting to think we'll only see one big bews drop a month also. July in 2016 had multiple reveals, though we're at the 24th now and we've only had the July 8th trailer. Japan Expo and Corocoro didn't even have anything new.

One trailer a month might be a good thing though. By the end of Sun and Moon's pre-launch season, we knew 80% of the entire roster of new Pokemon. If they keep it up, we might go into the games only knowing about 50% of the new roster.

Reaction score
I'm starting to think we'll only see one big bews drop a month also. July in 2016 had multiple reveals, though we're at the 24th now and we've only had the July 8th trailer. Japan Expo and Corocoro didn't even have anything new.

One trailer a month might be a good thing though. By the end of Sun and Moon's pre-launch season, we knew 80% of the entire roster of new Pokemon. If they keep it up, we might go into the games only knowing about 50% of the new roster.
I'd rather know most of the game's roster to prepare for teambuilding. Gamefreak never seemed to have a problem with this, either.

The 'drought' this month is by no means indicative of them changing that behaviour. August/september could easily compensate for the lack of news this month. Heck, I'm not holding out for it, but we could still receive news till next week.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
And once again we wait for dear sweet CoroCoro.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Weirdly even though I'm American, Unova doesn't feel like home to me but what we've seen of Galar does...I think a lot of the environments just remind me of midwest America where I live, and I assume the UK isn't too different environment-wise

I hope in the next trailer we see a good amount of more locations

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Weirdly even though I'm American, Unova doesn't feel like home to me but what we've seen of Galar does...I think a lot of the environments just remind me of midwest America where I live, and I assume the UK isn't too different environment-wise

I hope in the next trailer we see a good amount of more locations
XD Well, doesn't help that Unova is more city-like, being based on Manhattan with elements of Hollywood and the like thrown in. As a representative of the US, it's more... the US from a tourist's point of view. Major cities and attractions.

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
Which is kind of a shame that we didn't get a region based on the US proper. There is really a lot to see here, more than just New York and LA.

But from what I've seen so far, Galar looks really rustic and makes me feel at home.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I'm trying to think about when the next real news drop could happen. I wanna say anywhere between August 1st and August 8th, since that tends to be a time they use often to drop news. So far, we've seen news drop on June 5th and July 8th. So anywhere between 8 and 15 more days we might see our next likely news drop. If that "Do you remember your first game" tweet ends up popping up again tomorrow with Gold and Silver, it could be a sign that they're doing another countdown leading up to Sword and Shield.

Reaction score
I'm trying to think about when the next real news drop could happen. I wanna say anywhere between August 1st and August 8th, since that tends to be a time they use often to drop news. So far, we've seen news drop on June 5th and July 8th. So anywhere between 8 and 15 more days we might see our next likely news drop. If that "Do you remember your first game" tweet ends up popping up again tomorrow with Gold and Silver, it could be a sign that they're doing another countdown leading up to Sword and Shield.
Countdowns haven't been accurate this upcoming gen yet.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
I might be in the minority here, but I actually like how Game Freak isn’t spoiling everything under the sun this time around. The problem here is that they keep dropping surprise trailers instead of warning us ahead of time. If we knew when we’d get more trailers, then people would be more patient.

Reaction score
We got a new surprise: Pokemon Go-Team Rocket.

Reaction score
Aaaand there is no trailer today either. So hopefully we get one next week because that's the beginning of August and a lot of people here are saying that's when we usually get a fairly big amount of news.